• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT4| Trust's a Tough Thing to Come by These Days

Vire

So many tiny little details. Little spinner on the respawn count, pulsating lights on the forerunner structures.

UGHHHHH I NEED THIS NOW.

Overdoziz

Banned
You know what would be something Halo 4 should take from CoD (and many other games)? Having the names of the players in the killfeed be that of their respective teams. And instead of it saying "killed" have the icon of the weapon.

So it would be:
Player1 (in blue) || Sniper Icon || Player5 (in red)

That would make it much easier to quickly see if the person getting killed is on your team or not. This is especially useful when playing with randoms where you don't know the names of all the players on your team.

heckfu

Banned
You know what would be something Halo 4 should take from CoD (and many other games)? Having the names of the players in the killfeed be that of their respective teams. And instead of it saying "killed" have the icon of the weapon.

So it would be:

That would make it much easier to quickly see if the person getting killed is on your team or not. This is especially useful when playing with randoms where you don't know the names of all the players on your team.

Sorry, too much COD in here now.

CyReN

wLpTE.jpg

So it would be:

Psstt, HEADSHOT works better.

Trey

Fuck it, what a shit day. Posted mere hours ago that my girlfriend was all fine after having to take her to A&E on Monday during E3...and then she calls me to tell me she's currently upside down in her car after an accident and the Fire Service are having to cut her out! Back to hospital for me! :(

Not to make jokes on your unfortunate circumstances but did you piss on an Indian Burial Ground or something? Jesus.

daedalius

One of the last videos he chased a guy down a ramp and threw two horrible grenades instead of shooting him for an easy kill. Agh. :p

Yea, I am looking forward to the pro games on Friday.

I think we will be able to evaluate weapons a bit better based on that rather than scrubby mcscrubpants here in these off-screen vids.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I think teamkilling should be in. You've always had to be a little more careful in Halo, and I like it that way. Makes it a little more team oriented.

Well yes and no. It seems at this point it's more of a hindrance in that I get betrayed on purpose for weapons, and for no good reason in a lot of games. Yeah, you want actual players to be careful, but at what cost in letting those who aren't playing right betray everyone with no boot.

Well yes and no. It seems at this point it's more of a hindrance in that I get betrayed on purpose for weapons, and for no good reason in a lot of games. Yeah, you want actual players to be careful, but at what cost in letting those who aren't playing right betray everyone with no boot.

What I'm seeing is that Infinity Slayer seems to be oriented more and more towards the individual player. Personal ordinance drops, (possibly) no teamkilling, and the way the points system is structured make it seem more and more like we might have a mercenaries playlist after all.

Edit: I agree though that booting and being betrayed for weapons are problems, but I think those can be handled in other ways beyond getting rid of friendly fire altogether.

Trey

I would rather they didn't design the game with people playing it stupidly in mind. Just make better systems to address the villainous heathens.

In the last video at the start he's getting shot while zoomed in with the BR and it doesn't take him out of the zoom. :/

Must have been body shots. :)

Woorloog

Banned
I just want to tell people here that i just saw Prometheus and think it is a shitty movie. I will not explain why (at least, not now, not here) for it would be too spoilerific and i really don't want to reiterate what i just told my brother.

Also, have i missed anything interesting? Probably not? What was that about IGN player being horrible, that's not surprising.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I would rather they didn't design the game with people playing it stupidly in mind. Just make better systems to address the villainous heathens.

Yeah, it's just they've been fighting with that for a while now. The boot system is not good in Reach. Not sure what else they could do.

Overdoziz

Banned
I've been betrayed on purpose maybe a dozen of times maximum (not counting Elzar being a dumb-ass) in about 5000 matches in Reach. It's not a problem at all for me. But then again, I rarely play BTB or Invasion, and when I do it's with a (nearly) full party.

Can't wait to stick a grenade on one of my teammates with the Sticky Detonator and use him as a walking bomb.

Trey

Yeah, it's just they've been fighting with that for a while now. The boot system is not good in Reach. Not sure what else they could do.

They are 343 Goon Squad. Thug it up. Send some gutbusters to the offending party's house to administer forceful betrayal correction.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I've been betrayed on purpose maybe a dozen of times maximum (not counting Elzar being a dumb-ass) in about 5000 matches in Reach. It's not a problem at all for me. But then again, I rarely play BTB or Invasion, and when I do it's with a (nearly) full party.

Can't wait to stick a grenade on one of my teammates with the Sticky Detonator and use him as a walking bomb.

Maybe it's just Big Team then. I play it a lot, along with Team Slayer and I get betrayed on purpose at least twice a day. Most of the time it's not for a weapon, they just chase me around and shoot me.

I just hate the fact that I accidentally betray someone and get booted, and in other games some guy will betray 4 people and stay.

Overdoziz

Banned
Maybe it's just Big Team then. I play it a lot, along with Team Slayer and I get betrayed on purpose at least twice a day. Most of the time it's not for a weapon, they just chase me around and shoot me.

I just hate the fact that I accidentally betray someone and get booted, and in other games some guy will betray 4 people and stay.
I'd be happy if I got booted out of Team Slayer.

So it would be:

Not going to lie, it wasn't even until Reach that I realized that "Player 1 killed Player 2" meant it was a kill for your team, and "Player 1 was killed by Player 2" meant an enemy killed your teammate.

That loadout screen looks gorgeous, they're really going all out with the UI elements.

Top Bottom