• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT5| Believe, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korosenai

Ij0o6.png

Should have put WTF +10. Missed opportunity.

PNut

Banned
rockets have to work good like in halo 3 or rocket race is going to be bad again and i'll still be playing rocket race in halo 3

heckfu

Banned
More info me

I was interested, but I just looked into it and it's $80 just for the machine itself. What's so amazing about these things?

Tashi it's a machine that carbonated your own water and they have a bajillion flavors to choose from. I've done the Pepsi and Sprite alternatives and they're not only really good, but super cheap in the long run.

The flavoring contains a FRACTION of the carbs, calories, and sugar and also none of them use high fructose corn syrup or aspartame.

The machine will eventually pay for itself. One 5 dollar bottle of flavoring makes a like over a dozen liters. It's definitely worth the 80 dollars to me for the variety and health reasons (because if I'm being honest, I'll never give up soda)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I like the new sniper because it increases the skill gap. The reduced field of view forces heightened situational awareness and better team communication.

I'm totally bullshitting. I like the new sniper cause it looks awesome.

senador

Banned
I like the new sniper because it increases the skill gap. The reduced field of view forces heightened situational awareness and better team communication.

I'm totally bullshitting. I like the new sniper cause it looks awesome.

Really? It looks like crap to me. I'm fairly optimistic for Halo 4 stuff, but man the snipe is ugly, and I can't stop thinking about it. Doesn't look like Halo. Looks like an 80s VCR taped to a broomstick that's painted black. Needs to look like a sweet gun from 2559 or whatever, like the other Halo snipes. Bah.

Oh god I'm Kyle

Yeah, Gravity hammer is definitely coming back due to griffball alone.

Tashi it's a machine that carbonated your own water and they have a bajillion flavors to choose from. I've done the Pepsi and Sprite alternatives and they're not only really good, but super cheap in the long run.

The flavoring contains a FRACTION of the carbs, calories, and sugar and also none of them use high fructose corn syrup or aspartame.

The machine will eventually pay for itself. One 5 dollar bottle of flavoring makes a like over a dozen liters. It's definitely worth the 80 dollars to me for the variety and health reasons (because if I'm being honest, I'll never give up soda)

What type of sugar alternatives does it use? I seem to be allergic to a few, Splenda hospitalized me...though now that I look back I wonder if that was my first break of chronic pancreatitus and they just didn't catch it...

One way or another sugar alternatives make me feel iffy.

heckfu

Banned
Yeah, Gravity hammer is definitely coming back due to griffball alone.

What type of sugar alternatives does it use? I seem to be allergic to a few, Splenda hospitalized me...though now that I look back I wonder if that was my first break of chronic pancreatitus and they just didn't catch it...

One way or another sugar alternatives make me feel iffy.
I think it's just natural sugar as far as I can tell

Striker

Heh, if HaloGAF hates it, the average fan will probably love it :/
There's some of HaloGAF who defend armor lock, regens, two hit melee, and Orbital. I'll take an ugly looking rifle if it doesn't hinder gameplay like those turds did/do.

Ramirez

Orbital was so bad that not even playing it at Bungie a year in advance could make me say it was good at the time. Awful map is awful.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
me, 12 - 10
teammate1, 8 - 12 (quit)
teammate2, 0-10
teammate3, 0- 18

no, they werent stationary - they were playing.

teammate 2's service record; 6 kills and 137 deaths
teammate 3's service record; 11 kills and 144 deaths

seriously, what in the flying fuck bungie!?

FyreWulff

QI5Kv.jpg

Knowing how many times you've killed with a gun and how many times you've died to a gun are neat, but making it into a K/D ratio is the most useless stat ever.

So where does the Light Rifle from the campaign demo fit in to Halo 4's multiplayer sandbox? Is it a precision weapon like the BR, DMR and Carbine? I'm guessing it is, but I don't think I've seen it listed in any of the loadouts.

zap

So where does the Light Rifle from the campaign demo fit in to Halo 4's multiplayer sandbox? Is it a precision weapon like the BR, DMR and Carbine? I'm guessing it is, but I don't think I've seen it listed in any of the loadouts.

Yeah, I think it comes under the same category.

It fires three shots when unscoped, one when scoped iirc.

My guess is its a "D-pad down" weapon like the needler a little stronger than the loadout weapons but not a power weapon.

And obviously it will spawn on the map in certain gametypes much like the carbine did in h3

Make TS 85% bloom next update. Remove Super Slayer. Win win?
Team Slayer has 10x the population of Super Slayer and has been the game's most popular list for many weeks. Most of the other lists have 85% bloom: Rumble Pit, Double Team, The Arena, Super Slayer, Team Objective, Multi-Team, and Big Team Battle, as well as non-Anniversary gametypes in Anniversary FFA and Anniversary BTB.

PNut

Banned
Team Slayer has 10x the population of Super Slayer and has been the game's most popular list for many weeks. Most of the other lists have 85% bloom: Rumble Pit, Double Team, The Arena, Super Slayer, Team Objective, Multi-Team, and Big Team Battle, as well as non-Anniversary gametypes in Anniversary FFA and Anniversary BTB.

Yup. Might as well. And lets be honest, 90% of the people that play Ts probably wouldn't notice anyway.

That video is so beautiful.

Yeah, it's a great demo. Really got me hyped for Halo 2's multiplayer. It's kind of interesting to see how the BR evolved from a single shot scoped/unscoped weapon in the Halo 2 E3 campaign demo to a single shot scoped/burst fire unscoped weapon in the Halo 2 beta demo to a burst fire scoped/unscoped weapon in the final game.

The most retrospectively bittersweet moment is when Uncle Joe Staten says "the left trigger fires the Needler... which in Halo 2 is actually worth picking up." :(

While I'm here I'll voice my dislike of the Halo 4 sniper rifle's aesthetics, which are proper fugly. Either give me a circular scope or the traditional rectangular viewport. At the moment it's too busy by half.

Overdoziz

Banned
Yup. Might as well. And lets be honest, 90% of the people that play Ts probably wouldn't notice anyway.
Why would you want Team Slayer with 85% bloom? Super Slayer is a superior playlist. It has less terrible Forge maps and no Elite Slayer.

Just bring back Squad Slayer, remove Super Slayer, and make Team Objective 4v4 again. Now that's a win win if I ever saw one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom