• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
You can actually just buy the Cisco Linksys E1000 as a refurb on amazon for $19.99. It's fairly straight forward to put DD-WRT on it if you're patient enough to follow directions exactly as they're written. It might not be the easiest for everyone to do, but it will give you an absolutely rock solid router for $20 + 30 minutes of work.

Thanks for the tip, once I get internet back I'll give this a try.

wwm0nkey

What are some of you smoking? Even with Halo 3's so-so Netcode I am still having a MUCH better time on Halo 3 than Reach.

Also it has good maps.

Talents

Banned
"Black Ops 2 Will Change How You Think About Multiplayer"

Banned site?

Big MP reveal is tomorrow!

Your move 343.

They've already shown games of their multiplayer, don't think they really need to make a move. Although a sneak peak at the ranking system would be nice COUGH COUGH.

I just can't play it. In the times I've tried over the last few weeks, I haven't gotten in a game without horrible lag. It's totally unplayable for me

As much as I wish I could play 3 (it's my favorite Halo), Reach is the better game to play online.

Just imagine what it could of been with Reach's netcode.

What are some of you smoking? Even with Halo 3's so-so Netcode I am still having a MUCH better time on Halo 3 than Reach.

Also it has good maps.

I just can't play it. In the times I've tried over the last few weeks, I haven't gotten in a game without horrible lag. It's totally unplayable for me

As much as I wish I could play 3 (it's my favorite Halo), Reach is the better game to play online.

wwm0nkey

Guess I have just been lucky with my match ups in Halo 3 then.

CyReN

My guess for Black Ops

ksnTb.png

You can actually just buy the Cisco Linksys E1000 as a refurb on amazon for $19.99. It's fairly straight forward to put DD-WRT on it if you're patient enough to follow directions exactly as they're written. It might not be the easiest for everyone to do, but it will give you an absolutely rock solid router for $20 + 30 minutes of work.

Ewwww....refurb. I have *never* had a good experience with any refurbished product.

In any case, just like this one, putting DD-WRT on your router is almost never a big ordeal. It will, however, be a slightly different process depending on features, cpu, memory, manufacturer, etc., so make sure you do the one for your model. For example, the Cisco router that willow mentions requires you to follow these instructions:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E1000

Each router that is confirmed to be flashable is listed at that site with instructions. This one seemed fairly straightforward: download firmware, 30/30/30, install. I use this one at home and haven't had any problems with the device, DD-WRT, anything: http://netgear.com/home/products/wirelessrouters/work-and-play/WNR3500L.aspx#

Im hoping this Black Ops reveal kickstarts Halo reveals, considering the games are out pretty close to eachother.

Kinda looking forward to the Black Ops reveal tomorrow, should be interesting to see what they have cooked up, Black Ops 1 was great.

"Black Ops 2 Will Change How You Think About Multiplayer"

Banned site?

Here's the quote.

"If u could only play what we R playing right now," Vonderhaar writes. "Will 4ever change how u think about winning or losing. 10 days and the lid comes off."

Big MP reveal is tomorrow!

Your move 343.

All I can think of is when they were talking about double team being added to MW3 like it was some new innovative thing that would change the genre.

Also it has good maps.

Netcode, FOV, aiming feels like dragging an anchor through sludge, weapon feedback/feel in Reach is much better IMO, and quitting at this point in the lifecycle is horrifying on H3.

I tried to play Ranked TS with a friend last week: we played 5 games, and won every game due to the entire opposing team quitting out.

Tawpgun

How so?

The geometry is the exact same as in Halo CE.

I know at the end of T&R, the cliffs can be very misleading as to which parts the player can walk ok. Is that what you mean?

Yup. I'm playing Legendary and had to turn on Classic GFX. I kept hitting invisible walls with my bullets and nades.

How so?

The geometry is the exact same as in Halo CE.

I know at the end of T&R, the cliffs can be very misleading as to which parts the player can walk ok. Is that what you mean?
The new graphics don't always match up with the original geometry. T&R is notorious for this. CEA is gorgeous, but it's pretty apparent when playing through it that it just doesn't match a Bungie Halo game in terms of polish.

DeadNames

Banned
Ugh CoD fanboys piss me off to no end. While I was in a party, I heard my friend trash talking Halo 4. Things like "Oh loadouts? Obviously can't make their own ideas; stolen from CoD. They can't even make a game! Let's have aliens, SO ORIGINAL." He went on to talk about how "balanced" CoD is and how unbalaced Halo is. Saying that all you have to do is get the rockets and you automatically win. Talking about how you can't shoot through walls (lol) and other assortments of blatant fanboyism. I told him to play the game and then formulate an opinion. He thinks BlOps2 will be the savior of the FPS genre, and any other FPS that's not CoD sucks and CoD 4 is the greatest game of all time.

/rant

Sorry about that... Just had to get it off my chest. So about that Spartan Laser! Lookin' good!

Ugh CoD fanboys piss me off to no end. While I was in a party, I heard my friend trash talking Halo 4. Things like "Oh loadouts? Obviously can't make their own ideas; stolen from CoD. They can't even make a game! Let's have aliens, SO ORIGINAL." He went on to talk about how "balanced" CoD is and how unbalaced Halo is. Saying that all you have to do is get the rockets and you automatically win. Talking about how you can't shoot through walls (lol) and other assortments of blatant fanboyism. I told him to play the game and then formulate an opinion. He thinks BlOps2 will be the savior of the FPS genre, and any other FPS that's not CoD sucks and CoD 4 is the greatest game of all time.

/rant

Sorry about that... Just had to get it off my chest. So about that Spartan Laser! Lookin' good!

And then you took a dump on your own post.

Also just realized that I was 15 precision weapon kills from the weekly last Thursday and didn't play the game again, so I didn't finish that challenge. DERP

FyreWulff

IIRC, people found some interesting hacks in Rock Band games that allow them to change their status to whatever they want. This is most likely something similar.

Basically this. Never trust a Live status screenshot, it's extremely easy to modify Rock Band 3 to put anything there that you want.

Karl2177

The new graphics don't always match up with the original geometry. T&R is notorious for this. CEA is gorgeous, but it's pretty apparent when playing through it that it just doesn't match a Bungie Halo game in terms of polish.
Two Betrayal canyon walls are really bad as well. The location of the skull in Two Betrayals is also notorious for being misleading. On those notes, I'm gonna put in CEA. Still no Internet. :/

ugh, spartan lazer. that thing is the bane of my existance. homing rockets/missle pod/ sticky launcher please.

also i really hope vehicles are worthwile when everyone can spawn with plasmas, power drain grenades, plasma pistol, etc. then also vehicle health, lazers, sticky detonators, sprint, overheating turrets, jetpack, thruster, sentry turret, etc. this all has me worried about vehicle gameplay, my favorite part of halo. at least those longbow videos made the warthog seem pretty good.

I think the spartan laser would be better if it were more like a sentinel beam/focus rifle, or if you had to paint the vehicle with a laser before it would shoot or something. That way you couldn't just instantly kill any vehicle and the pilot/driver would get some warning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom