• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided to give my room a makeover. In the last few months, I've gotten rid of a lot of posters and useless swag I've collected over the years, but I did buy two new posters to adorn my walls. Make 'em classy, in fancy frames and all. :lol

JUYqul.jpg
YBBBOl.jpg

Yes, I bought a Halo 4 poster. Can't believe it myself.

It just looks cool.

This reminds me - can you still watch the waypoint commentary for Reach that came with the Legendary Edition? If so, I could really use a map to help me find it.

...actually, never mind. My Gold expired a few days ago, so now I only have access to five preview items. This is actually pretty funny, in its monumentally shitty way! Exclusive bonus content! Pre-order now! Also, be sure to resubscribe to Gold in order to watch a freaking streaming video that you kinda-sorta paid for.
Setting aside the possibility that you can't find the content (in which case most of this post is useless) and the point "Well, if they're buying a new Halo game, they're probably going to buy gold for the multiplayer, in which case it doesn't matter if the content is restricted to gold members," there should be absolutely no possibility of restricting content you've already purchased. What about silver members, however few, who buy the LE but don't have gold?

We know it's likely Waypoint will be overhauled for the release of Halo 4, and with this, I hope access to the bonus content players have purchased for Reach and Halo 4 will be streamlined.

Just another reason to have the bonus content on a second disc. Personally, I can't stand e-purchases for many things (including TV shows and movies). My hold on them feels tenuous at best.

Edit: This goes back to the "Who has purchased the LE?" discussion a few pages back. I've yet to do it. I may in the end for the steelbook, though.

Call me crazy, but there's no way 343 is going to have shotgun load outs in the final game.
The response...

The fact that it could have ever been in the game at all saddens me.
Again, the response...
This kind of sentiment always baffles me. I happen to know that you, in particular, have a more nuanced understanding of how game development works. That pieces are assembled in such a way that they can be tested, used, tested, used, tested. That the code WE NEED to work with is utterly different in conception than the product we intend to deliver.

And here's a note - that functionality is STILL in the game, so that, for example, you can play team Shotties.

So there. Everyone please stop speculating that the shotgun will be a standard spawn weapon now.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
This thread is turning into Waypoint/Bungie.net forums. Are all of the new Juniors from there or something? At a certain point people will just stop coming here and go somewhere else (THC/FUD/ETC) because of how absurdly annoying this is. The thread moves way too fast and is full of bullshit and gifs. Some OT is fine, but this is next level bullshit right here.

Seems like any new OT from here on out should simply be labeled "Race to the next OT spam thread."

Omni

So I'm going through Halo 2 on Legendary, and I got to the second level when I saw this:

What happened to blood in Halo? In Halo CE and 2, there was lots of it. Halo 3 onwards and it seemed to trickle into nothing... Though I guess Reach had that one room in campaign that had a fair amount.

Still though. Need moar blood.

So I'm going through Halo 2 on Legendary, and I got to the second level when I saw this:

What happened to blood in Halo? In Halo CE and 2, there was lots of it. Halo 3 onwards and it seemed to trickle into nothing... Though I guess Reach had that one room in campaign that had a fair amount.

The scope on the Halo 2 BR looks weird now that iv been seeing the Halo 4 BR so much. I got my Halo 4 shirt today. Ill be waring it to the launch. http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...x00001a&ci_src=184425893&ci_sku=SPM6177029403

Tunavi

Banned
This thread is turning into Waypoint/Bungie.net forums. Are all of the new Juniors from there or something? At a certain point people will just stop coming here and go somewhere else (THC/FUD/ETC) because of how absurdly annoying this is. The thread moves way too fast and is full of bullshit and gifs. Some OT is fine, but this is next level bullshit right here.

Seems like any new OT from here on out should simply be labeled "Race to the next OT spam thread."

LfrBv.gif

L0GIKILL

Neo Member

Ive seen more spam, BS, OT, and GIFs from established members than I have from Junior Members. Also, about one third of the posts thus far have been about how fast the thread is moving. See the irony?

neoism

I think this is the most dissapointing picture (for me):

m24Am.jpg

Jetpack and Shotgun as a primary weapon.

lol at the shotgun icon.... :(
Hell I'm hoping for a no AA playlist at this point nothing but sprint... ;) and no goddamn shotgun at start... :/

I've been doing my part, lurking more than posting lately, I haven't had anything constructive to say so I dont (excluding this post)

97 days. Bam.

Yeah. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually starting to really like the new scope design.

Ditto. Crazy things happen when we take off the rose-tinted shades.

neoism

lol is it still difficult to install on win 7 64, I think I'll get it now on amazon.. haven't played 2 in like 5 years.
is a
R 8570
8gb ram
i5 2.7 x 4
good?

Omni

lol is it still difficult to install on win 7 64, I think I'll get it now on amazon.. haven't played 2 in like 5 years.
is a
R 8570
8gb ram
i5 2.7 x 4
good?
It took me a little while to install to Windows 7, 64 bit... In the end I had to install the GPU drivers again. But if everything is updated already, it should be fine.

Easiest thing to do is to go to this website, select Halo 2 and run the test. It'll tell you if you can run the game... but you should be able to.

a zoojoo

Banned
The Halo 4 Accolades trailer used information from ********, does that make talking about Halo bannable on this site?

Why does NeoGAF have such a problem with ********? I know they're unreliable, but there are other sources that people talk about on here that can be considered unreliable.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The Halo 4 Accolades trailer used information from ********, does that make talking about Halo bannable on this site?

I will personally categorize that trailer as fake even if it isn't

Horrible cuts, an absolute butchering of the trailer song (horrid extension, even gaps?) as well as horrible audio balance (cortana talking volume is so high) and inclusion of said website made it feel terribly amateur

Arnie

Completely agree.

Used to love posting here in the Halo 3/pre-Reach days, now it's just a load of spam, wolf pictures, and random nonsense. I'd rather have a 3 page argument on AR versus BR than the unintelligible bunkum that seems to have become the status quo over the past 12 months.

Which ones does GAF prefer?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xE2pXFw91Gw/TuNyysIVTRI/AAAAAAAAALc/yF1YA4fSXYA/s1600/grenades.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

I've always preferred the frag grenades over the stickies. Though in Reach, the frags don't really bounce properly, which made them so useful in Halo 3. Placing a nade just right as someone was chasing you and getting him one shot as he comes around the corner was so satisfying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom