• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to think so as well.

But, I think, I feel 'safer', more prepared when I'm equipped with plasma grenades.

Although, this is down to the fact I spend my halo time in BTB.

It really does depend on the situation, but due to the plasma grenade's ability to stick to opponents and vehicles, I feel that it by and large gets the job done better than the frag grenade. I always have plasmas chosen if I have both.

Woorloog

Banned
Minecraft building competition for MLG? I want to see that one.
Would actually make me interested in MLG, in a way.
Didn't vote anything.

GhaleonEB

It really does depend on the situation, but due to the plasma grenade's ability to stick to opponents and vehicles, I feel that it by and large gets the job done better than the frag grenade. I always have plasmas chosen if I have both.

I find that plasmas are better at destruction, while frags are better at suppression. So while I'll toss a couple frags around a corner to keep enemies at bay, I'll hold the plasmas rather than waste them for that purpose. I do think they're more valuable, simply by being more powerful. But definitely unique circumstantial uses.

Do we know anything about Forerunner grenades yet?

It would almost have to be the MP on the second disc.

- it's an Xbox disc
- MP requires a hard drive
- the required space for 4 multiplayer is a bit over the space you have available on a 360 DVD9 (it's not the full capacity of DVD9 due to the security sector) which is now roughly 7.5-7.8GB

You probably put in Halo 4, and if it detects no MP maps it'll prompt you to insert the second disc so it can install them. Maybe. Who knows.

Completely and utterly baseless speculation and pipedreaming: the initial Halo 4 MP disc won't actually have 8GB of install, but having the 8GB minimum requirement leaves the door open for doing a Halo 4 Mythic Map Disc where every MP map after all 3 are out is on the DVD and it installs all of them. Since you've already required 8GB of free space to be available, users won't get confused as to why they were able to install the base disc but not H4Mythic.

Completely and utterly baseless speculation Turbo Alpha HD: You cannot have a single content package on 360 be over 2GB (hardware limitation). The initial Halo 4 install will be 2GB. This leaves them the maximum potential filesize for a worst-case scenario of 2GB for each map pack. (3x2GB = 6GB + 2GB from the install = 8GB). Perfect safety net even though I wouldn't expect any single pack to break the 1GB mark. Anniversary had 7 maps on it and it only got up to 1.1GB, 3 map packs would have to try real hard to get up there. The lone anomaly is Defiant which went from something like around 300MB in the early code giveaway period to 600MB when it went public because they had to do something to it for some reason (I think Frankie might have explained why in the thread)

Frankie said the 8 GB requirement would also cover the space needed to download the first season of Spartan Ops. It's possible that space covers both MP and Spartan Ops. Sound speculation all around; the second disc plus the space requirement on the HDD do strongly imply a MP map install.

It also implies a massive Campaign, with MP maps on another disc and Spartan Ops mostly delivered by download. Hopefully 343 can comment on the second disc in that pic soon.

Tawpgun

How long is that vote gonna be on? Waypoint Bulletin should rep it. Even if you don't like MLG, you should vote for Halo if you like Halo.

Helps competitive players and the game in general.

I find that plasmas are better at destruction, while frags are better at suppression. So while I'll toss a couple frags around a corner to keep enemies at bay, I'll hold the plasmas rather than waste them for that purpose. I do think they're more valuable, simply by being more powerful. But definitely unique circumstantial uses.

Mastrbiggy knows what it does. If I recall correctly, it causes an EMP explosion. But I could be wrong.

a zoojoo

Banned
How long is that vote gonna be on? Waypoint Bulletin should rep it. Even if you don't like MLG, you should vote for Halo if you like Halo.

I agree, someone from MLG should give it a plug on Waypoint

IHaveIce

Banned
Mastrbiggy knows what it does. If I recall correctly, it causes a EMP explosion. But I could be wrong.
Yeah I think I read something like this too.

Good Idea, I shared it on Facebook, I have a lot of Gamers in my list, every vote counts.

And you changed your name?

Fuchsdh

Completely agree.

Used to love posting here in the Halo 3/pre-Reach days, now it's just a load of spam, wolf pictures, and random nonsense. I'd rather have a 3 page argument on AR versus BR than the unintelligible bunkum that seems to have become the status quo over the past 12 months.

You do realize that all the OT post counts have all regular members (except this time, a zoojoo) posting the vast majority of posts?

Dont bitch at juniors when they're clearly not the "problem".

(Not singling you put Arnie just worth noting your criticisms are not juniors' fault.)

I have to ask...Is there anything stopping MLG from just running Halo 2 again? I mean, there's nothing in their charter or whatever that states that they need to use the latest game in a franchise, right?

I mean, bring it back for an event or two, just to see how the community responds.

The only obstacle I see to having it back full time would be the fact that there's really no way for players to practice what with Live support having been pulled for it.

Talents

Banned
I have to ask...Is there anything stopping MLG from just running Halo 2 again? I mean, there's nothing in their charter or whatever that states that they need to use the latest game in a franchise, right?

I mean, bring it back for an event or two, just to see how the community responds.

The only obstacle I see to having it back full time would be the fact that there's really no way for players to practice what with Live support having been pulled for it.

It'd be kind of annoying though. People wouldn't really be able to practice without using XBC.

u4iX

It'd be kind of annoying though. People wouldn't really be able to practice without using XBC.

They should just hold weekend show matches like they do with the MLG Arena's.

Fly two teams in, do some nostalgia and favorite moment pieces to fill time between games. Run favorite maps, gametypes, as well as some of the goofy stuff in Halo 2 like Plasma Punchout, etc.

Do the same with Halo 1 and Halo 3.

Dont bitch at juniors when they're clearly not the "problem".

Gotta disagree, while they may not be the only problem they are certainly a large part of it, the speed of the thread has increased by a pretty large magnitude and the majority of that is juniors posting. The nonsense posted by a large number disrupts worthwhile discussion.

Pretty much all of us are to blame but the influx of juniors is a terrible thing, iv went from spending the majority of my time reading this thread to checking it on a morning and spending an hour at night here.

Its chaotic in here to say the least.

Actually... that's not entirely true...

You're right in that, barring some crazy playlist, you will not see shotgun as a loadout in standard matchmaking.

However, if I recall, custom loadouts are suppose to be a big thing in Halo 4. You unlock weapons and other abilities to put them in your loadout. Custom tailoring it your playstyle. You can use your own loadout in Halo 4... but there are playlists that will restrict things, apparently.
I'd like to quote this just to attempt to clear up confusion. 343 has been pretty clear that custom loadouts will be heavily featured in the game. Now that screen features the Shotgun, which has since be removed as a starting weapon, but everything else on the loadout screen is going to be stuff you can choose in MM (with the exception of stuff like SWAT obviously).
Or you need the 8GB for the whole Spartan Ops Season which sounds as the reason for the 8GB required. (For me because Spartan Ops is completely digital, right?)
Yeah I'm pretty sure that's what the 8GB is for.
They appear to create a small EMP field.

Oh man, that feel when MLG puts up a suggestion site, and there are 9 suggestions above Halo, and the first place suggestion is outvoting Halo 9,567 to 614.

Oh man, that feel when MLG puts up a suggestion site, and there are 9 suggestions above Halo, and the first place suggestion is outvoting Halo 9,567 to 614.

And it's not even the GOOD type of TF2 comp. 6v6 is horrible compared to Highlander.

To be fair to Halo though, U4ix just put it up there, and it's been ROCKETING to the top.

Jmte

Neo Member
And it's not even the GOOD type of TF2 comp. 6v6 is horrible compared to Highlander.

To be fair to Halo though, U4ix just put it up there, and it's been ROCKETING to the top.
If it's advertised enough, it should increase much faster. Everyone here who has Facebook and Twitter (or anything else), and is a member of any other gaming forums, should post a link.

Aggrotek

Some of these comments on the MLG feedback...

Antalgic commented · July 31, 2012 13:21 · Flag as inappropriate
Honestly, CoD is what made MLG. I remember watching it on USA netword; the ogres were dropshotting everyone at the time. Without CoD, MLG would be nothing.

Jmte

Neo Member
I haven't seen this - I wonder how it works? Create a drain-over-time field, drain all your shields if you're in the blast radius (sounds overpowered), or drain a % of shields based on how close you are to it?

/idle speculation
I'm thinking something along the lines of what is essentially a power drain in grenade form, but we really don't know yet.

I hate to be team downer, but Halo as it is now is probably less exciting to me than I imagine some other games being. How official is that poll? In tempted to vote in the hopes that halo 4 gets a good amount of support out of the gates.

Which ones does GAF prefer?

grenades.png

It depends on the situation.
How about mixed company? That would be a tough one for me, because the frag grenades look too much like a couple of welded together bundt cake pans to safely keep near my constantly-baking grandmother. However, the writing on the plasma grenades reminds my mother too much of my brief stint as a Satan worshiper (One goat sacrifice, mom. Get over it.), so I can't very well keep those in the dining room centerpiece when she visits. I'm at a loss.

Risen

How many Halo players still regularly visit the MLG website? I'm just one single person, but I have literally not been on the MLG site since the last event and this vote isn't enough to make me want to go back.

I have a real apathy for MLG as an organization at this point. I still want to play and see competitive Halo, I just don't care if it's there or elsewhere.

GhaleonEB

How would an EMP grenade be used against most enemies? Very few have shielding. That doesn't sound very useful.

How about mixed company? That would be a tough one for me, because the frag grenades look too much like a couple of welded together bundt cake pans to safely keep near my constantly-baking grandmother. However, the writing on the plasma grenades reminds my mother too much of my brief stint as a Satan worshiper (One goat sacrifice, mom. Get over it.), so I can't very well keep those in the dining room centerpiece when she visits. I'm at a loss.

You raise good points.

a zoojoo

Banned
How would an EMP grenade be used against most enemies? Very few have shielding. That doesn't sound very useful.

You raise good points.

If the Promeathean/Forerunner weapons were designed to combat the Flood, and all the Grenade does is drop shields/emp vehicles, where does it fit canonically?

Also, Halo just passed 1,000 votes!

You raise good points.
Are the Prometheans not sentinel? Maybe their actions will be delayed by the grenade. Furthermore I think the grenade could be useful against Elites and Jackals on Legendary. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom