• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Why can't they just include those small digital bonuses in the LE version.
Why does everything have to be so fragmented.

Why not just be simple and consumer friendly?

BgBV0.jpg

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Scanner helmet looks like something else i've seen
can't put my finger on it

what if scanner is just an attachment for another helm
are there attachments?

raindoc

The helmet you dork.

The photo-bomb spartains are rocking the same helmet.

2nd pic is from the e3 trailer, right?

does any of the Spartans we've seen in action so far actually wear one of the... "extravagant" designs?

EDIT: eff me. you edited that post while i hit "quote", nevermind the first question.

While you guys are busy quarreling, I'll be racking up time in the Scanner Helmet.

Super Secret Umbra Top Level Clearance Elzar-Myyke In-Joke

Andy is some kind of pseudo-genius is his word building abilities.

Also you better have BS2 today, scumbag!

senador

Banned
Really? Seems vanilla as fuck to me.

But then again everyone goes ape over Mk VI in Halo 3 and Reach, so maybe people are into that.

That's probably why most people like it. It looks like Halo while still being something new. I don't hate the other armor and helmets, well some, but this one just looks the nicest from what I've seen. That'll probably change once I get the game and get a better look.

I sure hope there is still a bunch more we have yet to see.

Ken

That's probably why most people like it. It looks like Halo while still being something new. I don't hate the other armor and helmets, well some, but this one just looks the nicest from what I've seen. That'll probably change once I get the game and get a better look.

I sure hope there is still a bunch more we have yet to see.

Probably because it's the most familiar.

Recruit also seems to be the armor on every spartan in the Objective Assassinations video:

y7raB.png

This is striking me as really odd. It's an armor named "Recruit," and it's been seen on a lot of the spartans that we've seen so far. Why is it exclusive to the LE?

Ken

So more people will buy the LE when they discover that the armor they've been desiring for for months is exclusive to the LE?

So more people will buy the LE when they discover that the armor they've been desiring for for months is exclusive to the LE?

I dunno, it's just weird that it's almost been treated as default armor in some ways. All things considered, we've probably seen Recruit and Warrior the most. And we still don't even know what the "default" armor is.

343 seems to be being secretive about things that...don't really need to be secrets.

Ken

I dunno, it's just weird that it's almost been treated as default armor in some ways. All things considered, we've probably seen Recruit and Warrior the most. And we still don't even know what the "default" armor is.

343 seems to be being secretive about things that...don't really need to be secrets.

I wonder if we're getting any kind of in-box day 1 incentives like the Recon attachment again, in addition to retailer stuff.

Ryaaan14

Banned

I was busting senador's balls a bit when he said he liked that armor, but if that armor sells someone LE, then may god have mercy on their soul.

Pretty damn disappointing even though I'm still looking forward to everything else in the LE. I'm still an armor slut. :_\

I wonder if we're getting any kind of in-box day 1 incentives like the Recon attachment again, in addition to retailer stuff.

The more armor we get, the better.

And TBH, I hope there aren't attachments this time around. Most of them barely changed anything.

I fully expect there to be more armor pieces than Reach, PLUS the LE content, PLUS the Season Pass content, PLUS the stuff that was revealed along with the Specializations.

And I'm probably crazy for expecting that.

Ken

Am I crazy for expecting them to include a way to add more armor after release.

I'm still baffled by why they locked themselves out of easy money with Reach when people like me that are paying money for 10 pixel glasses in P4A exist.

Ryaaan14

Banned
The more armor we get, the better.

And TBH, I hope there aren't attachments this time around. Most of them barely changed anything.

I fully expect there to be more armor pieces than Reach, PLUS the LE content, PLUS the Season Pass content, PLUS the stuff that was revealed along with the Specializations.

And I'm probably crazy for expecting that.

I am too lazy to number crunch, but I'd bet the confirmed armor so far is around 3x that of Reach. At least as far as base pieces go.

Daddy like.

Woorloog

Banned
LE's Map Packs do NOT contain those bonuses.
"War Games Map Pass" = LE's Map Packs AND Those Bonuses.

WHAT THE FUCK WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!?

EDIT SERIOUSLY, need official confirmation how this works, ASAP. I need to know whether to cancel getting the whole fucking game or not.
I can deal with LE/CE exclusive armor and i can deal with pre-order bonus skins but armor tied to season pass but not available in LE... that's unacceptable. Because i kinda like both of those helmets.

.shin

Banned
LE's Map Packs do NOT contain those bonuses.
"War Games Map Pass" = LE's Map Packs AND Those Bonuses.

Are you sure? I remember the website that announced the pass did say that the LE pass is the same thing, which would imply we would get the same bonuses.

Ken

shacknews said:
On top of today's specialization details, 343 Industries has also given some more information on the Limited Edition, and the (somewhat unsurprising) revelation that the "War Games Map Pass" will be sold separately. The pass will go on sale for $24.99 on November 6, alongside Halo 4.

Previously only announced as part of the Limited Edition, this grants you three DLC packs, consisting of three maps apiece, for 15% off the cost of buying them separately. You'll also get two exclusive helmets and a Falcon emblem.

So confusing. So is the WGMP part of the LE and being sold separately, or is the one in the LEs different from the one being sold separately.

Top Bottom