• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

I'm getting 403 Forbidden errors.
Just press enter again.

Famitsu posted even a better pic of the Limited Edition armor:
iizZJYaShFc4c.jpg

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Strider is okay. Scanner is unspeakably terrible and I really hope it's not trying to replace GUNGNIR.

It's a fucking VCR strapped to your helmet.

DeadNames

Banned
Scanner. I think that's the ugliest helmet I've ever seen in a Halo game. Seriously I think Reachs GUGNIR (or however you spell it) looks better.

Strider is okay. Scanner is unspeakably terrible and I really hope it's not trying to replace GUNGNIR.

It's a fucking VCR strapped to your helmet.
GUNGNIR is still in Halo 4 IIRC. If that scanner piece is an optimal bit, the helmet wouldn't be bad at all. But yeah, looks dumb with it on.

Dem Helmets! I really dig the Strider helmet... As for scanner, lol, its so stupidly retro and big that I like it.

Just press enter again.

Famitsu posted even a better pic of the Limited Edition armor:

iizZJYaShFc4c.jpg

Damn, that is sleek. Do you have a link to the article accompanying the pics?

Slaker117

That larger picture of the LE armor confirms it as my favorite so far, though I actually don't mind the Scanner helmet. It's weird and cumbersome and obtuse, and that's kind of why I like it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, LE armor looks too awesome, not ugly enough for Halo 4. needs moar tape deck

What I really like is it seems like they're just letting loose with some of this. Just whip up a concept and bring it out. Thats what makes the best shit happen.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
What I really like is it seems like they're just letting loose with some of this. Just whip up a concept and bring it out. Thats what makes the best shit happen.
But so far there's been nothing that good...

Not to be team downer on this but considering I love the "dress-up"/customization aspect in videogames that allow them I have been really disappointed with a number of unveiled helmet designs as most have come off as weird. Some barely even resembling a helmet. I would also like to see more designs with visors and not just dome visors.

Not to be team downer on this but considering I love the "dress-up" aspect in videogames I've been really disappointed with a number of unveiled helmet designs with most coming as weird. Some barely even resembling a helmet. I would also like to see more designs with visors and not just dome visors.

I don't know; I just think of Reach's safe and clunky armor and I see this all as way better. More experimentation, more fun, and I think it looks way sharper and more realized.

Reach's helms were pretty good but also pretty plain. When I think of the other parts of the armor, Halo 4 just destroys Reach.

Not to be team downer on this but considering I love the "dress-up"/customization aspect in videogames that allow them I have been really disappointed with a number of unveiled helmet designs as most have come off as weird. Some barely even resembling a helmet. I would also like to see more designs with visors and not just dome visors.

I'm on the same page as you re: loving the dress-up stuff. But the helmets we've seen have looked FAR better than the stuff that we saw in the E3 build. Some of those helmets just looked stupid. I'm assuming they've been polished up now.

Recruit also looks awesome, and it's making me pretty happy to have gotten the LE.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
I don't know; I just think of Reach's safe and clunky armor and I see this all as way better. More experimentation, more fun, and I think it looks way sharper and more realized.

But there's a fine line between Experimentation and Over saturation. I'm all for NEW helmets, but i'm also AGAINST every helmet looking ridiculous.

There are a few helmets that i'm absolutely in love with so far. I just hope to see some old helmets, too. CQB has always, and will always, be my favorite.

Buddy and I are playing Reach. Go into Objective. Get matched with three randoms against a team of five Inheritors. Oddball Countdown.

YgVp

Naturally they start destroying us, one random goes AWOL and starts to betray after dropping -7 then eventually gets booted, the Inheritor team then drops the ball at 149 to play slayer as anticipated. I sent one of them a message mid-game saying "Don't be a dick, just win the game." He waited until after the game, where he replied, "I just wanted to have more fun xD."

It's times like these where I hate playing this game. How the in the hell does it make sense to match virtually five randoms up with a full team at max rank?

HAhahaha you got Oddball Swordbased!!

DeadNames

Banned

Pretty much this. Although one set of armor that was revealed with specializations was pretty cool.. Operator, I think. Reminded me of Security

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm okay with Halo 4's armor, and I do appreciate that it's more athletic and less hulking, like Reach's armor. But the helmets are borderline grotesque. It's like a Spartan's face got shoved in a blender.

Someone in a gaming side thread a few weeks ago put it well when they said that all the helmets look like crinkled up tin foil. There's so much weird geometry. I'd say it's good in concept, but not well realized at all.

Top Bottom