• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

None is because Halo 4 creates a random Spartan IV for you first. *

*Could be true. But I made that up.

I second this. give like 4 helmets and stuff and have "default" be random

Recruit?

Cortana modified Mark VI isn't in multiplayer.
Proof please?
Recruit, probably. The current LE listing includes only skin for it, not the armor itself.
Name is suitable for sure.
www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/08/more-new-images-of-halo-4-limited_22.html

senador

Banned
But now it's confusing because when it says:

KILL +10

Then ten points go on your score, but when it says:

ASSIST +5

your score doesn't go up at all. It would be considerably less confusing to have each kill equal one kill and it count up to sixty kills, then have your XP count up separately. What we have is a half amalgamation of the two, I don't think you can really put forward an argument to say it's less confusing.

I agree. Especially since games like CoD and Battlefield do it the way you thought it did, I think it'll just confuse players.

It's not hard at all to understand you got 1 kill which contributed to your score, and along with it came 10 exp.

u4iX

I really like the Samurai inspired elements in the Soldier armor, especially in the eyes and mouth. Probably why I want it first...

246608863_0ca08af731.jpg

senador

Banned
The helmets are growing on me. They are odd and different but kinda cool. I think once I see them in game I will like them even more.

Recruit is first on the list and the icon used for the armory on the menu. I'm guessing that the LE bonus is just the skin, not the armor, and Recruit is default.

Recruit is just the skin with the LE. Only FOTUS is actually Armor-exclusive I believe. Possibly the Scanner and Strider helmets as well, which I REALLY hope also comes with the LE, so I don't have to also buy the (redundant) DLC Season pass to get them. #completionistwithaproblem

GhaleonEB

I agree. Especially since games like CoD and Battlefield do it the way you thought it did, I think it'll just confuse players.

It's not hard at all to understand you got 1 kill which contributed to your score, and along with it came 10 exp.

I'm not sure it's even XP. Or if it is, it's XP that fills your personal ordnance meter.

raindoc

My thoughts on Silentium may tell how
The Ur-Didact came to Requiem after being Exiled (within a Cryptum) in the Flood Infested system
and fills that explanation for Halo 4.
Something must of happened to Born Stellar Makes Eternal Lasting (Didact). Possibly killed? Resulting to Didacts consciousness to return and should explain the above spoiler.
The Thursday War is so close and looks like it has a lot of foreshadowing for Halo 4 & Silentium intel already.

Thursday War Spoilers:
"The Didact sleeps on Requiem and must not be disturbed" - sounds like a warning to me.
Requiem's location is also hidden and it is called "unreachable", whereas the mysterious world Kelekos is reachable without knowing it's position (Portal?).

To me it seems like one of the two (probably the Ur- due to his prolongued contact with the Flood thanks to Faber) must have lost it and was locked away in a max-security/black site before the array was activated (by the second Didact). I don't think he exiled (and put the warning out there) himself, since he "has long since dreamed of this day, reclaimer" - that thing on Requiem wanted to be found, not to be left alone.

senador

Banned
I'm not sure it's even XP. Or if it is, it's XP that fills your personal ordnance meter.

Ah, that's what its for. The personal ordnance. Forgot about that. That would make sense then for why the score is 10 points based so that the other points make sense for filling your meter.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
None is because Halo 4 creates a random Spartan IV for you first. *

*Could be true. But I made that up.
Neat idea but would upset people.
I really like the Samurai inspired elements in the Soldier armor, especially in the eyes and mouth. Probably why I want it first...
Did not realize that, nice catch.
I liked the Hayabusa armor, fuck it, I'll be the only one to say it.

*has over 200 hours on Ninja Gaiden Black*
I didn't realize there was a stigma over one of the best helmets in H3.

The helmets are growing on me. They are odd and different but kinda cool. I think once I see them in game I will like them even more.

Small detail, but I actually really love that the chest pieces also give you different thruster styles on your back. Some of them look SO. SICK.

Slaker117

Recruit is just the skin with the LE. Only FOTUS is actually Armor-exclusive I believe. Possibly the Scanner and Strider helmets as well, which I REALLY hope also comes with the LE, so I don't have to also buy the (redundant) DLC Season pass to get them. #completionistwithaproblem

That was my understanding as well, but this image seemed to convince some people that the armor itself was exclusive.

After seeing it so prominently featured in the PAX build, I'm assuming the wording was a simple mistake, though I still feel the need to qualify my assumption as such.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, me too. One of the few helmets I really like.

I didn't realize there was a stigma over one of the best helmets in H3.
AHunB.gif

At the time I hated it but I've gotten considerably more lax on aesthetic consistency. Always thought it was ridiculous that among all this sci-fi futuristic military armour you got Shredder's mask with a katana, samurai pauldrons and a chestpiece that looks like a turtleneck.

The way Halo 4 is doing it is exactly like COD. All the points that pop up on your screen are your XP points/individual score, but only 10 (or 100 in COD's case) count for the team score for the kill.

The twist for Halo 4 is in a gametype with personal ordnance drops, your individual score fills your ordnance meter.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
AHunB.gif

At the time I hated it but I've gotten considerably more lax on aesthetic consistency. Always thought it was ridiculous that among all this sci-fi futuristic military armour you got Shredder's mask with a katana, samurai pauldrons and a chestpiece that looks like a turtleneck.
Because the others were so great. :/

vpOSv.png

I'll give you the turtleneck and the katana though.

Halo 3 Security was boss. Loved that visor. Reach's just reminds me of the shrunken head guy from Beetlejuice because they made it smaller but the bodies chunkier.

Cortana modified Mark VI isn't in multiplayer.

Mk.VI is the that generation of armor, not specific to MC. So MC has a customized Mk.VI, not the other way around. So the helmet in multiplayer is Mk.VI

-EDIT-

Ohh you meant it as Cortana-modified Mk.VI - I read it differently lol my bad

They never let people run around lookin' like Master Chief in multiplayer. Either it's a different shade of green, or now he's got exclusive armor.

Kinda wish there was secondary portion to some of the helmets that could be toggled like the emblems. The FOTUS would look so bad ass if it didn't have a metal Anal Invader on it.

edit: well, this is a nice top-of-the-page post.

Top Bottom