• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

Woorloog

Banned
They never let people run around lookin' like Master Chief in multiplayer. Either it's a different shade of green, or now he's got exclusive armor.

Halo 2's Campaign Chief was olive/olive. You could use those colors in MP.

But otherwise, yeah, never been able to be just like the Chief.

Gunnerdude

Neo Member
Kinda wish there was secondary portion to some of the helmets that could be toggled like the emblems. The FOTUS would look so bad ass if it didn't have a metal Anal Invader on it.

edit: well, this is a nice top-of-the-page post.

Clap.gif

Kinda wish there was secondary portion to some of the helmets that could be toggled like the emblems. The FOTUS would look so bad ass if it didn't have a metal Anal Invader on it.

edit: well, this is a nice top-of-the-page post.

Ha, awesome.

Squid, google image search dildo helmet penetrator.

Woorloog

Banned
and according to canon. MKVI does not have nano-machines. it is the MKVII models that have nano-machines

http://www.halopedia.org/MJOLNIR_Powered_Assault_Armor/Mark_VI#Armor_components

Which makes Cortana upgrading the Chief's armor a rather difficult task. Unless Cortana mindcontrolled the Chief and had him to upgrade his armor while in cryosleep.

EDIT wait, what, the page does claim Cortana did upgrade the armor using nanotech?

It has to be an unlockable armor! Color for MC has always been Custom since CE (I think). Bungie followed it with Halo 2, Halo 3, and Reach.
In Halo 2 it was olive, which is available in MP. In Halo CE, olive as well, i think, though the MP didn't offer it. In Halo 3, custom.

That's what I said, the one in campaign was altered by Cortana, it's not in multiplayer.
They never let people run around lookin' like Master Chief in multiplayer. Either it's a different shade of green, or now he's got exclusive armor.
It has to be an unlockable armor! Color for MC has always been Custom since CE (I think). Bungie followed it with Halo 2, Halo 3, and Reach. Edit: Woorloog, Inception? I stand corrected that MC Armor Color is Exclusive custom colors in each game.

Akai__

yeah same for me I wouldn't have to go to London. Would also be nice to meet you guys

If there only was a Halo 4
event, here in Berlin. I would invite Frankie and some HaloGAF'ers instantly to my parents restaurant. We could have some croatian/international food and some german beer. ;)

---

I know you guys will probably do it anyways, but please spoiler tag all the campaign and SpOps information. I don't want to know anything, about those two modes.

Color correction and audio mix are both the LAST things to happen. Unfortunate but necessary. We're seeing final quality episodes with proper color/PQ balance and they are obviously consistent and correct, but we won't be done with them until almost the last minute.

Always shitting on the audio guys...

Droid

I'm still worried about the shoulder pieces fitting properly. It was atrociously done in Halo: Reach and it made me a sad panda. Also, the Scout shoulders in Halo 3 were so underrated, they were pretty snazzy to wear.

I'm still worried about the shoulder pieces fitting properly. It was atrociously done in Halo: Reach and it made me a sad panda. Also, the Scout shoulders in Halo 3 were so underrated, they were pretty snazzy to wear.

Yeah the shoulder pieces in Reach just felt off for many of them.. That being said, thanks for reminding me how ugly Scout was in Halo 3 lol

Everything about that armor just looked so ugly to me. The helmet especially.. reminds me of a pigeon or some other bird. As a whole, I think Halo 4 definitely has some of the best armor sets IMO.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Recruit is just the skin with the LE. Only FOTUS is actually Armor-exclusive I believe. Possibly the Scanner and Strider helmets as well, which I REALLY hope also comes with the LE, so I don't have to also buy the (redundant) DLC Season pass to get them. #completionistwithaproblem

<3 FOTUS.

Kiki: "FOTUS is just for 343!"

HaloGAF: "Equip that shit NOW."

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Recruit is just the skin with the LE. Only FOTUS is actually Armor-exclusive I believe. Possibly the Scanner and Strider helmets as well, which I REALLY hope also comes with the LE, so I don't have to also buy the (redundant) DLC Season pass to get them. #completionistwithaproblem

Frankie said he's trying to clear that up, as of yet, there's no definitive answer.

I never noticed that before someone else pointed that out a couple weeks ago.

But, of course, I know what FOTUS actually means.

First Of The Ultra Spartans!

Top Bottom