• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

senador

Banned
GameInformer Article

"The greatest thing about the new Promethean Karthog is once you get in your Spartan IV body is fully locked in, meaning you stay in the Karthog until you die or the Karthog runs out of Promethean fossil fuel"

this is a joke btw

Yet you wonder why THC gets DDoS'd. ;)

senador

Banned
I'm getting the iPad version right now too.

Considering dropping the print, iPad version is hot. I like the print too though.

Edit: Done. Checking out now. Nm, now it has to process. Almost there.

Jmte

Neo Member
Considering Waypoint's history, I'm not sure if this is a joke...
You don't say...

QzCxo.png

IHaveIce

Banned
GameInformer Article

"The greatest thing about the new Promethean Karthog is once you get in your Spartan IV body is fully locked in, meaning you stay in the Karthog until you die or the Karthog runs out of Promethean fossil fuel"

this is a joke btw

It wouldn't have surprised me.

But damn you.

senador

Banned
new enemy types?

Not exactly. Pics and short descriptions of the different classes of Promethean Knights and Crawlers. Looks like Watchers only have 1 class according to this.

How much can I post? Trying to paraphrase it but don't want to risk it or hurt GI.

No exactly. Pics and short descriptions of the different classes of Promethean Knights and Crawlers. Looks like Watchers only have 1 class according to this.

How much can I post? Trying to paraphrase it but don't want to risk it or hurt GI.
Just answer: Any new information? Or just more detail explanation?

I am sounding rude. I am sorry. SensyGAF Hyper mode activated

Flipyap

New pics of enemies and classes with descriptions. Its not new in that we knew about it, but the classes with pics and descriptions have yet to be seen so that part is new.
Does it explain some of the fiction behind these things, or does it just describe them in generic gameplay terms?

senador

Banned
Here's some quick info on class names and basic info. Will remove on request if too much, but I think its fine.

• Knight
    • Uses Supressor and LightRifle
  • Knight Lancer
    • Scouts and marksmen. Uses Promethean Vision.
  • Knight Commander
    • Leads groups, uses Autosentry turret and Incineration Cannon, has better armor and combat skills.
  • Knight Battlewagon
    • These ones look the most intimidating. They are rare. Uses Scattershot.
  • Crawler
    • Uses Boltshot.
  • Crawler Snipe
    • Has same description as Crawler. I imagine they hang back and use a different weapon, must have been a mistake on the description.
  • Alpha Crawler
    • Uses Supressor. Has spikes on back and head. Leader of packs.

Does it explain some of the fiction behind these things, or does it just describe them in generic gameplay terms?

There is a 2 page article on some of the stuff that I have only skimmed. The enemy and weapon info is just brief.

didn't they say weapon information too?

Yeah, its in there too. Just short descriptions and a side view image.

The Knights are one of three subdivisions within the Prometheans.
Crawlers are basically cannon fodder to distract from the Knights.
Watchers are support units. They can shield knights, spawn watchers, resurrect knights.
Prometheans work together strategically.
Frankie's example of a Knight sniping him, he takes cover behind a column, Crawlers attack him by crawling down from the column.
Promethean weapons/equipment designed to fight Flood.

There are different variants of Knights, watchers, and crawlers.

Knight - Deadly warriors, use weapons like Light Rifle and Supressor.
Knight Lancer - Scouts and Marksmen, use Promethean Vision to locate hidden enemies
Knight Commander - Have skills of Knights, but can wield Incineration Cannons, stronger armor, Autosentry turrets
Knight Battlewagon - Rare but incredibly dangerous, huge frames draped in heavy armor and hardlight shielding, can deploy Autosentries, will wield Scattershot if you get too close. (Orange patterns through body and on face, orange spikes on back. Super badass!)
Watcher - Wield boltshots, summon crawlers, protect and resurrect Knights.
Crawler - Agile and move in packs, fire Boltshot from distance
Crawler Snipe - upgraded crawlers, no further details. I assume they keep larger ranges.
Alpha Crawler - Lead packs of Crawlers, has a Supressor

This is just details about the Prometheans, might be considered spoilers to some people.
Prometheans work for the Forerunner civilization, "or whatever is left of it."
Why do they now appear as robotic entities? Were they always this way?
Prometheans are directed by a "general of sorts".
First you encounter the Covenant. Then the Prometheans. But it is when they combine forces, and how they combine, that will offer biggest surprises.

Also, the variants of the Prometheans weren't the blue ones, perhaps those are a different faction?

IHaveIce

Banned
The Knights are one of three subdivisions within the Prometheans.
Crawlers are basically cannon fodder to distract from the Knights.
Watchers are support units. They can shield knights, spawn watchers, resurrect knights.
Prometheans work together strategically.
Frankie's example of a Knight sniping him, he takes cover behind a column, Crawlers attack him by crawling down from the column.
Promethean weapons/equipment designed to fight Flood.

There are different variants of Knights, watchers, and crawlers.

Knight - Deadly warriors, use weapons like Light Rifle and Supressor.
Knight Lancer - Scouts and Marksmen, use Promethean Vision to locate hidden enemies
Knight Commander - Have skills of Knights, but can wield Incineration Cannons, stronger armor, Autosentry turrets
Knight Battlewagon - Rare but incredibly dangerous, huge frames draped in heavy armor and hardlight shielding, can deploy Autosentries, will wield Scattershot if you get too close. (Orange patterns through body and on face, orange spikes on back. Super badass!)
Watcher - Wield boltshots, summon crawlers, protect and resurrect Knights.
Crawler - Agile and move in packs, fire Boltshot from distance
Crawler Snipe - upgraded crawlers, no further details. I assume they keep larger ranges.
Alpha Crawler - Lead packs of Crawlers, has a Supressor

This is just details about the Prometheans, might be considered spoilers to some people.
Prometheans work for the Forerunner civilization, "or whatever is left of it."
Prometheans are directed by a "general of sorts".
First you encounter the Covenant. Then the Prometheans. But it is when they combine forces, and how they combine, that will offer biggest surprises.

Also, the variants of the Prometheans weren't the blue ones, perhaps those are a different faction?

this sound a little bit disappointing, I expected more :/

Vire

So just the three types, but different variants of them?

A little disappointing.... was hoping for more species of new enemies.

The Covenant was comprised of Grunts, Jackals, Elites, Brutes, Hunters, Engineers, Drones, and Prophets.

Prometheans is just Crawlers, Knights and Watchers? I can see that getting old fast.

Flipyap

A-HA! Can you quote (or closer paraphrase) the line that mentions this? Unless it's presented in the form of questions like that.

Prom Knight Battlewagon sounds profoundly ridiculous. I love it.

So just the three types, but different variants of them?

A little disappointing.... was hoping for more species of new enemies.

The Covenant was comprised of Grunts, Jackals, Elites, Brutes, Hunters, Engineers, Drones, and Prophets.

Prometheans is just Crawlers, Knights and Watchers? I can see that getting old fast.
There were only four enemy types of the Covenant in Halo: CE...

senador

Banned
A-HA! Can you quote (or closer paraphrase) the line that mentions this? Unless it's presented in the form of questions like that.

Not much is said about that in particular. Frank has a quote and says it'd be a mistake to think of them as simple robots, but they are directed and have a "general, of sorts." Hmm, interesting.

Edit: A Knight Battlewagon was seen in the E3 announcement.

That is how it was phrased in the article.
Frankie's direct quote is
"It's a mistake to think of them as simple robots, but they are directed - they have a general, of sorts."

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
GameInformer Article

this is a joke btw

not fucking cool

senador

Banned
Frank talks about how the Prometheans are different to fight than what we are used to. He describes a battle where a couple Knights were sniping at him so he took cover thinking he was safe but then Crawlers crawled up over the thing he was hiding from and continued attacking him. The encounters get complex and varied. Knights can spawn a Watcher off their backs. Watchers can then deploy a Hardlight Shield for the Knight, revive dead Knights, and call in Crawlers. Frank makes it sound like he doesn't think there will be a go-to strategy for beating the game on Legendary.

Between these guys and the Covenant, should make for some fun encounters.

Slaker117

Giving away PAX swag. 343 was being fairly generous with patches and posters and such, so I ended up with duplicates of a few items. I've decided to share the love and give them out to my fellow HaloGAFfers.

First up, an ONI patch. First person who answers the following question wins.

Name three weapons that are in previous Halo games, but not in Reach, that are returning in Halo 4.

Top Bottom