• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

JackHerer

Thanks. Video is making me wonder about camo.

I can't tell from the video exactly how it's been changed other than the jammer dots are now blue. It would be nice if, when a player near you activates camo, the blue dots appear but other enemies still appear red on the motion tracker (full jam for the actual camo user though).

Would tell you a camo user is nearby without giving them the added advantage of gimping your radar.

High three!

NATIONALHIGHFIVEDAY

G17

Looking at the Bravo video reminded me again of how powerful Dexterity (faster reload times) looks. A bit too powerful in my opinion. Cuts down on the reload animation time by a huge amount and a clear advantage in BR/DMR battles.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Sidewinder.

eh, even giving you sidewinder (which i had forgotten - also, avalanche is better), theres that and maybe battle creek and wizard. certainly not the epic map list everyone thinks ce had, especially in light of ce's most popular (blood gulch, damnation, and hang em high).

CE is at the bottom, with reach, as far as maps go.

Havok

Some of the highly regarded CE maps haven't held up well (because most of them work best in a 2v2 context, which isn't nearly as common now as it was in XBC days), but I think that the lesser known ones are pretty underrated. Rat Race is better than I gave it credit for back then, and Chill Out (yeah, I know it's well regarded, but it doesn't spring up in conversation much) is one of the best 2v2 maps in the series, as far as I'm concerned. There are others in there that are good but have been outdone by their remakes in later games. Wizard and Battle Creek fall in that category. CE does remind me of Reach in some regards. Some of the most popular maps are not very good in retrospect (Sword Base, Blood Gulch), but there are some gems hidden in there.

Looking at the Bravo video reminded me again of how powerful Dexterity (faster reload times) looks. A bit too powerful in my opinion seems cuts down on the reload animation time too much.
Agreed. Imo, the players visibility is camouflaged fairly quickly in that vid. compared to Reachs Camo but more limited per usage. Looks balanced with map flow.

Released

Some of the highly regarded CE maps haven't held up well (because most of them work best in a 2v2 context, which isn't nearly as common now as it was in XBC days), but I think that the lesser known ones are pretty underrated. Rat Race is better than I gave it credit for back then, and Chill Out (yeah, I know it's well regarded, but it doesn't spring up in conversation much) is one of the best 2v2 maps in the series, as far as I'm concerned. There are others in there that are good but have been outdone by their remakes in later games. Wizard and Battle Creek fall in that category. CE does remind me of Reach in some regards. Some of the most popular maps are not very good in retrospect (Sword Base, Blood Gulch), but there are some gems hidden in there.

I've always considered RR to be incredibly underrated, and I think it would work a lot better in modern Halo than some of the maps they brought back with Anniversary.

Damnation and Priz just aren't working with 3 minute item timers and slow killing weapons.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I've always considered RR to be incredibly underrated, and I think it would work a lot better in modern Halo than some of the maps they brought back with Anniversary.

Damnation and Priz just aren't working with 3 minute item timers and slow killing weapons.

rat race is just tunnels. the only "interesting" thing going for it was its dark, and has that one spot with overshields to drop down on people. dull and simple. dimple.

Released

rat race is just tunnels. the only "interesting" thing going for it was its dark, and has that one spot with overshields to drop down on people. dull and simple. dimple.

It didn't have multiple overshields....

Anyway, I'm not saying the map is the greatest thing ever. It's mid-tier in CE, but of it's one of the few CE maps that I think would transfer well to the other games. Some of the ones they decided to remake (HH, Damnation, Priz), despite having worked well in CE, just don't play well at all in Reach.

Ninja joined our game of Murder Miners. I killed him.

I have a perfect K/D against Ninja.
Did it happen on stream?

Also: is this a game that is going to be fun 3 days from now? Or is it just what the kids are doing these days?

Finally: Halo.

I'd guess we played on stream, it was a really fun match aside from the bad map.

And the game is really cool, feels like Halo. Also it's only a few dollars.

You just sold a video game.

Did it happen on stream?

Also: is this a game that is going to be fun 3 days from now? Or is it just what the kids are doing these days?

Finally: Halo.

I'd guess we played on stream, it was a really fun match aside from the bad map.

And the game is really cool, feels like Halo. Also it's only a few dollars.

zap

I used a friends account to get the demo of murder miners (NZ doesn't allow Indie games for whatever reason - seriously though, why not???), but I want to try it online... :/

heckfu

Banned
So this game may have custom button mapping but it also freezes all of our xboxs every 10 minutes. So yeah, maybe they shouldve spent more time on it not crashing.

/notalegitargumentbutstill

Tried toying with a few other color concepts for Promethean weapons.

mjLGR.png

It'd be cool if there was a way to change the colors on the Promethean weapon's lights, given how neutral their color palettes are to begin with. Maybe add Weapon Primary (Main Metals), Weapon Secondary (Lights, etc), and Weapon Detail (Skin) color options in the Armory.

Imagine you have all the Promeathean guns on the ground next to each other. All that indistinguishable grey.

The Covie weapons all had pretty unique or distinctive outlines, colours and features - but all the Prom weapons like grey and exactly alike.

Promoethean weapons are like the Forge maps of the weapons sandbox.

Depends on the angle for sure but I see what you're talking about. Size and shape seem to be a big factor though. For example, it'd be hard to mistake a Light Rifle for a Binary Rifle because the Binary Rifle's practically as long as a Spartan. Playing Reach last night I forgot how similar Shotguns and DMRs looked in the middle of action, it looks like they're going great lengths to try and avoid this though.

Tried toying with a few other color concepts for Promethean weapons.

mjLGR.png

It'd be cool if there was a way to change the colors on the Promethean weapon's lights, given how neutral their color palettes are to begin with. Maybe add Weapon Primary (Main Metals), Weapon Secondary (Lights, etc), and Weapon Detail (Skin) color options in the Armory.

maybe it could change colors depending on the users primary color, and have an effect like the vehicles in Tron

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Imagine you have all the Promeathean guns on the ground next to each other. All that indistinguishable grey.

The Covie weapons all had pretty unique or distinctive outlines, colours and features - but all the Prom weapons like grey and exactly alike.

nillapuddin

unfortunately true story bro.

there really is not a lot of distinguishment : /

Aggrotek

Holy shit MM is so fun. :lol I also have a perfect K/D on Ninja, but everyone lagged out before we could finish the game. Was pretty cool to play against him though.

heckfu is now a true Murder Miners Spiderman.

We found double jumps and evade jumps.
I tried playing with you guys the first couple games.

Top Bottom