• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

heckfu

Banned
umad-o.gif

SECOND PAGE!

So, will the remake map be a "straight remake", or it will see some adjustments or changes to fit Halo 4 better? I know it wont be a straight port, but I am curious how many changes we will see.

m23

http://www.gamespot.com/features/exploring-halo-4s-e-sports-side-with-frank-oconnor-6394806/

What are the most-requested maps to be included in Halo 4 from the community?

The ones we get asked a lot (but may not come back) are The Pit, Valhalla, Lockout, Beaver Creek, Blood Gulch, and Hang 'Em High. Since sprinting is a default command in Halo 4, most of the requested maps might be too cramped. We have one remake of an old map that I can't reveal yet.

Doesn't this pretty much confirm no Valhalla?

Fun times in BTB Slaker and munish!

Yeah, good games.

blamite

If we get a valhalla remake in H4, Halo 5 will have a new Blood Gulch successor-style canyon map which will be remade in Halo 6. Calling it now.

1 and 2: Blood Gulch
3 and 4: Valhalla
5 and 6: ???

Didn't we have a discussion earlier today about how Valhalla would suck with a 3x zoom DMR?

I hope 343 addressed that.

Edit: Also, what Dax said.

But couldn't Valhalla remake be adjusted to accommodate 3x scope on the DMR? Sprinting would help compensate for the larger size, same with AAs. With some tweaks I really could see Valhalla working as a remake, even if it means seeing some changes overall.

Wow sandtrap? Hells yes.

I am now very excited. BTB has been crap in Reach. I loved santrap. The only thing I would have liked more is Waterworks... although

Mammoths? Please PLEASE have them on this map. I loved having the elephants on sandtrap. Those were awesome and hilarious.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
But couldn't Valhalla remake be adjusted to accommodate 3x scope on the DMR? Sprinting would help compensate for the larger size, same with AAs. With some tweaks I really could see Valhalla working as a remake, even if it means seeing some changes overall.

Valhalla size worked thanks to bullet spread and the H3'S BR's range. A x3 scope DMR with no spread will fundamentally change how the map flows and plays, and not for the better.

Ramirez

I really don't see DMR's being as big of a problem on Valhalla as most of you are making it out to be.

Blood Gulch had literally no cover for the entire field part of the map. Valhalla has multiple rocks/side entrants/man cannons/etc. to break up sight lines. Add in the fact that you don't get knocked out of scope, and it will make it much easier to fight back from your base. Not to mention this isn't Reach, your Spartan doesn't move like a snail and has no hops.

Add in the fact that the laser will probably still be at the top of the hill, forcing players out of their bases if they hope to have any kind of vehicle action.

I think it'll play fine. Couldn't be any worse than Reach BTB, that's for sure.

Did past Juices take that pic in 1995 & email it to future Juices?

Enfinit

Mexico rhymes with Texaco.

Texaco is a fuel company.

Fuel is used in cars.

Cars are vehicles.

I drive a 2002 Dodge Neon.

It's beige.

Sandtrap is kinda beige and has vehicles.

New remake map = The Pit.

Top Bottom