• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Meltdown:

Meltdown%25201.PNG

Meltdown%25202.PNG

For me, Solace, Haven and Adandon are easily the most promising. Longbow looks like a good BTB map as does Ragnarok while Adrift and Complex are yet to convince me.

Edit: I have never seen Meltdown before. I assume that vid wasn't mean to go live yet.

Edit 2.0: Nice to see they named a map after the GameInformer article.

Edit: 3.0!: Another BTB map :/

I don't get it either. When was BTB even close to the most popular game type?

Now that it's all Heavies all the time, YES.

Yep, just like battlefield. Everyone jumps straight to their respective vehicles and I run around as hopeless infantry looking for another on-foot sucker to kill before I'm blown sky high. Still, in terms of BTB, meltdown looks pretty sweet to me.

Bsigg12

I think something people need to keep in mind is that since sprint has become a permanent ability available to everyone, the map sizes as a whole have to grow. A map the size of say Lockout would be even more hectic (and potentially frustrating) since you could traverse the map in half the time that it normally takes.

Infinity + Avalanche + Ice Fields = Meltdown

jacknicholsonheadnod.gif

Let's organize them by size again, roughly anyway:

1. Haven
2. Adrift
3. Abandon
4. Solace
5. Complex
6. Longbow
7. Exile
8. Ragnarok
9. Meltdown
10. Daddy Didact's Mammoth Mountain!*

not revealed yet but IT'S GONNA HAPPEN

I don't get it either. When was BTB even close to the most popular game type?

The big new gametype is Conquest mode, so it's gonna need some big maps to play on. I'm just glad they're BTB maps instead of specifically made Conquest mode that are shit for regular BTB, and take away from the map count

Vire

One thing I don't like about Meltdown is that there is too much information on screen at once. It all seems kinda complicated with the texture work.

Nonetheless, interesting and very pretty map.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Meltdown reminds me of Asphalt. But, like, way way way better. The little cave paths look really fun to sneak around in.

I like the cave footpaths and a teleporter(!), seems like there's plenty of ways to get around on foot if you're not in one of the many vehicles.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
That leaves 1 map to be revealed now huh?

And then whatever the other Forge environments are...

Vire

Guys, this is why we can't have nice things.

:lol

Meltdown looks really neat though, definitely one of the more unique maps of the lot.

My brother (he doesn't have a GAF account) just showed me this IGN walkthrough of Meltdown and noticed the internet is still silent about it, even though it's been up for a while. I can't find it directly on IGN either;

Meltdown:
http://nl.ign.com/show_videos/56152

I did some URL-hunting (just changing the last number) and there's more:

Complex:
http://nl.ign.com/show_videos/56153

Adrift:
http://nl.ign.com/show_videos/56154

So Im way behind back on page 363 since I have been pretty busy, and I decided to skip ahead... Im glad I did. Meltdown looks amazing. Holy shit, great find! I have a bunch to catch up on Im sure, but this is great.. I wonder if the final map is posted and its just a matter of finding it?

On another note, the lighting in Adrift is way brighter now.. I don't like it. =(

But holy shit, that skybox. =D

willow ve

Meltdown looks great for BTB and larger team objective play. +10 for teleporter and +100 for no banshee on map at launch.

- 1,000,000 for the quote "jetpack does work out really well" during the vid...

Dug

Banned
So Im way behind back on page 363 since I have been pretty busy, and I decided to skip ahead... Im glad I did. Meltdown looks amazing. Holy shit, great find! I have a bunch to catch up on Im sure, but this is great.. I wonder if the final map is posted and its just a matter of finding it?
Either: A) it is there and hard to find or B) they haven't uploaded it to the site yet.

Beckx

At first I wasn't getting Meltdown until he started showing off the caves and the bases. So we've got a slot car race track, multiple ledges, a big cave system, and Avalanche style multilevel bases?

Yeah. I can get behind this map. Really want to see a game of Dominion played on it.

willow ve

At first I wasn't getting Meltdown until he started showing off the caves and the bases. So we've got a slot car race track, multiple ledges, a big cave system, and Avalanche style multilevel bases?

Yeah. I can get behind this map. Really want to see a game of Dominion played on it.

Reminds me of a better version of Rat's Nest

edit

added for Top of Page
http://nl.ign.com/show_videos/56152 (meltdown vid "discovered" by HaloGAF nerds)

senador

Banned
Hahaha IGN publishes shit that's to be released in the future instead of auto-posting when the time rolls over? Great map walk troughs, and Ryan is alright, but man....IGN. Eh, it's more difficult to keep static media and files behind a time gate.

Meltdown looks fun. I get a Containment vibe from it. Kinda disappointed that so many if the maps seem to be rocky. Ah well. Hope the last one is bright and colorful. Covenant pls?

Edit: Wow the plasma electricity stuff coming off the bottom of the Ghost looks sick!

VV Yeah sorta weird feeling about all the big vehicle centric maps.

feel

Mmm.. so now we have 5 BTB and 4 Medium maps?

Shouldn't it be like 7 medium/small and about 3 BTB for launch? Forge maps galore in MM at launch.

Fuchsdh

Mmm.. so now we have 5 BTB and 4 Medium maps?

Shouldn't it be like 7 medium/small and about 3 BTB for launch? Forge maps galore in MM at launch.
I'm pretty sure they are factoring in that te community will be able to make better arena sized maps, but I dont think we're going to lack developer options either.

Top Bottom