• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Huh!

http://download.halowaypoint.com/content/waypoint/assets/images/f9c6a8b2a98c49898ff8564e2dbd0f06/2821808-web_preview.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Not to be annoying with this Campaign stuff, but don't we have a whole other thread if people wanna post Campaign pics/info?

I'm looking at you too Demon >;[ - I must've misinterpreted the honor code..

^ Officially released 343 material is fair game for this thread. But to be fair, if there was something really spoiler heavy I wouldn't post it (surprise characters, etc)

What if a Mammoth could be a base in Dominion...

That would be fucking amazing, and it better happen. If not, 343 getting working on dat TU.

Also, Dominion + Flood would be awesome where humans are awarded better bases as time goes on to hold out in. Or Dominion + bomb where teams have to plant the bomb in the other bases to win points and knock the base back down to its unfortified state.

Well this is awkward, there was a NDA for the new map picture that someone tweeted out..

Really? Do you mean just on the Waypoint forums? Cause they have funky rules on whats a 'leak'.

I'm now thinking about Falcons on Valhalla. I think that could be pretty fun if they made the map a bit bigger.

Oh that's right! I forgot that Falcons are in this game.. Can't wait to see those not get shot down like paper planes anymore :D

lol and nice timing BOps2.. They should seriously consider just making CoD every 2 years with a more fleshed out Zombie experience between releases.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Not to be annoying with this Campaign stuff, but don't we have a whole other thread if people wanna post Campaign pics/info?

I'm looking at you too Demon >;[ - I must've misinterpreted the honor code..

The other thread is a spoiler thread, that wasn't a spoiler was it? I don't want to be spoiled, and the screens don't do much of that so far.

FyreWulff

Maybe. If they added more cover to the map, cause if not the Falcons will rain down the pain.

The upside is this should be Valhalla post-Forge revelation, in that you'll actually be able to forge structures and cover onto it now, instead of just crates and weapon pods. If the crashed Pelican is there, it'd be nice if it was a Forge object (although I wouldn't expect it to be one, or for there to still be a Pelican there)

Vire

By the way, just noticed there was a subtitle on Waypoint for the screenshots labeling them "Infinity"
2821727-web_preview.png

2821748-web_preview.png

2821749-web_preview.png

So that would make this the Fourth Level based on the achievements (this follows Forerunner the one shown to the press).

By the way, just noticed there was a subtitle on Waypoint for the screenshots labeling them "Infinity"

So that would make this the Fourth Level based on the achievements (this follows Forerunner the one shown to the press).
I hope you read the gallery description. It would have saved time.

DeadNames

Banned
Ragnarok... What an ugly name.

I'm sure Ragnarok Flames is ecstatic though :p

Yeah, the Banshee (or any vehicle for that matter) wasn't really an issue on Valhalla. You've got Plasma Grenades, a Power Drainer, 2 Plasma Pistols and a Missile Pod spawning in your base which is enough to counter any vehicle. Spawning outside of the base did suck at times though. I do wonder what will spawn in the base with the Missile Pod and Drainer not being in the game. I guess it's less of an issue because people can spawn with more effective weapons to combat vehicles.

Besides... We can spawn with PPs, stickies, and power drains.

Overdoziz

Banned
The Banshee was extremely easy to take out on Valhalla.

If you lose hill, laser, snipers, & your missile pod, you deserve to get dumped on.
Yeah, the Banshee (or any vehicle for that matter) wasn't really an issue on Valhalla. You've got Plasma Grenades, a Power Drainer, 2 Plasma Pistols and a Missile Pod spawning in your base which is enough to counter any vehicle. Spawning outside of the base did suck at times though. I do wonder what will spawn in the base with the Missile Pod and Drainer not being in the game. I guess it's less of an issue because people can spawn with more effective weapons to combat vehicles.

Havok

Valhalla wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'm interested to see what changes they make to it. Laser removal would be a nice start. Adding cover the the no-mans-land near the big wall would be nice. Making the hill less of a power spot by adding more lanes to reach it, I guess, even if it changes what the map is about in a big way. Hopefully making Pelican/hill setups less annoying to break up. Flattening out the pelican so snipers couldn't just peek their head over the wing would be nice. I like Valhalla well enough, but the outcome of the opening rush was always a little too decisive for my taste. One thing I'd like to see is an extension of the hill over to the former turret spot, with a rock bridge or something connecting the two halves. Vehicles can go around it on either side or use the river, so it's not like the vehicle lanes would be ruined. That way, you've got another side route to the bridge that doesn't involve crouching in the river hoping to get to the waterfall side of the hill where you can actually make it up.

If they want it to be a big team map, then it could use some serious resizing. Valhalla was a bit cramped even in Halo 3 BTB, especially if you were trying to use the tank on the waterfront side.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Halo 4 confirmed to be on 2-discs:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-gets-the-most-out-of-the-7-year-old-xbox-360
Now that still doesn't answer whats on disc 2, and we have known this for a while.. But its being acknowledged at least. Maybe we will get an answer soon.

"Unlike previous Halo games, Halo 4 runs natively in 720p resolution and comes on two discs. It also looks lovely - not quite as good as some of the screenshots released by Microsoft suggest it may, but at least as good as the best-looking games on the console."

lol here come the haters

S1kkZ

I imagine SP on disc 1, and MP on disc 2.

nah, that would make it too easy to sell the mp disc. part 1 of the campaign and the complete mp will be on disc 1, part 2 of the campaign will be on disc 2. but i really dont see how they fill up 2 discs, since they only use realtime cutscenes.

Ramirez

Why are you so rude sometimes?

Waypoints site wasn't working for me until now so I only saw the screenshots before.

But thanks for being a jackass know it all.

I sometimes wonder how HaloGAF handles the real world, especially if Hyper came off as a jackass know it all from that post.

lol

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'm excited to see Valhalla again, but I really hope it's tweaked. For reasons that have been mentioned many a time, I don't think the map (as it was in Halo 3) would work here. Maybe I'm wrong.

Beckx

Valhalla wouldn't have been my first choice, but I'm interested to see what changes they make to it. Laser removal would be a nice start. Adding cover the the no-mans-land near the big wall would be nice. Making the hill less of a power spot by adding more lanes to reach it, I guess, even if it changes what the map is about in a big way. Hopefully making Pelican/hill setups less annoying to break up. I like Valhalla well enough, but the outcome of the opening rush was always a little too decisive for my taste.

If they want it to be a big team map, then it could use some serious resizing. Valhalla was a bit cramped even in Halo 3 BTB, especially if you were trying to use the tank on the waterfront side.

I would also like to see carrying a turret returned to its H3 usefulness. In Reach grabbing a turret was a death sentence. On Valhalla - at least down in the depths of matchmaking where I play - you could actually get kills, especially in the river bed.

my thoughts precisely.

and hopefully disc 1 also has a 3 hour behind-the-scenes documentary with lots of hidden and never before seen footage.

seriously, that'd be awesome.

would be really nice for some BTS stuff but i doubt it's happening.

a real shame though, I'd like to see some early alpha footage of gameplay, some of the problems and decisions they had to work though, and just what happened during the creation of the game.

DeadNames

Banned
I would also like to see carrying a turret returned to its H3 usefulness. In Reach grabbing a turret was a death sentence. On Valhalla - at least down in the depths of matchmaking where I play - you could actually get kills, especially in the river bed.

I will never forget the killing frenzy I got with that turret...

I was so happy. I also got a few double kills which I was ecstatic about.

Vire

I sometimes wonder how HaloGAF handles the real world, especially if Hyper came off as a jackass know it all from that post.

lol

He's always so quick to criticize and point someone as incorrect and wrong. It's annoying to say the least.

It's not just this one time.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Looking at the flood picture, the screen next to the guy seems to have jetpack as an AA.

Oh god please just be my eyes.

Oh dear

You're correct, sir.

(i hope flood infected get promethium vision, if anything. That'd actually make some sense referring to the 'enhanced vision' comments)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Ram plz. Gaf is the real world.

New interview:

"Something happens after the mission you played that keeps with our story-telling. I won’t ruin it for you but we also have terminals that go into the very surprising history of the Forerunner relationship with humans, and there’s some stuff that happens in the terminals that will – certainly for the hardcore fans – blow their minds."

Overall the interview just covers familiar ground, but it was still an interesting read.

PREPARE TO BE SUCKED!

New interview:

"Something happens after the mission you played that keeps with our story-telling. I won’t ruin it for you but we also have terminals that go into the very surprising history of the Forerunner relationship with humans, and there’s some stuff that happens in the terminals that will – certainly for the hardcore fans – blow their minds."

Overall the interview just covers familiar ground, but it was still an interesting read.

Karl2177

Why are you so rude sometimes?

Waypoints site wasn't working for me until now so I only saw the screenshots before.

But thanks for being a jackass know it all.
English isn't his primary language, so the wording could have been a bit nicer. 9/10 times I give him and a few others the benefit of the doubt. The 1/10 times is when something is getting downblurgegghghg-ed. ;)

I5CharactersMax

Neo Member

EMP 'nades? will/do they act like the power drainer on vehicles?, or do they just annoy your shields?

Top Bottom