• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Really? I thought times were random too. Maybe someone from 343 can clarify this?

Kinda' sad that we're five weeks from launch and we still don't have definitive answers to questions about how power weapon spawns will be handled, and what we do know has been largely cobbled together by the community from bits here and pieces there.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Try it on reach, it's pretty comfortable.

Just go into custom and enable bumper jumper, and off course the sprint ability.

tumblr_lk8j6qmj7K1qzu5wc.gif

I don't think I could ever get used to the jump button not being mapped to A lol

Isn't there a chart with all the control schemes somewhere? I might take a look.

A scheme with jump on A, reload on RB, and LB being armor ability, with a button on the D-pad to toggle between sprint and my primary armor ability would be absolutely perfect for me.

^monster.. Fishstick Master Race

Working out with these remixes is legit! Starting out with 117 got me hyped so decided to listen to all of them ;]

Anyone else listen to Halo or other video game music while working out? Suggestions?

With all the ranking system talk I have been convinced that we need a 1-50 ranking system for sure... but not for playing Halo, instead it should be for forging maps. You would rank up by achieving certain accomplishments, from opening forge, to making a map, to setting up for all gametypes, to getting a map in matchmaking, etc. Do this and I will fight for 50 all the way. And make it as difficult to get to 50 as Halo 2. :)

TheOddOne

With all the ranking system talk I have been convinced that we need a 1-50 ranking system for sure... but not for playing Halo, instead it should be for forging maps. You would rank up by achieving certain accomplishments, from opening forge, to making a map, to setting up for all gametypes, to getting a map in matchmaking, etc. Do this and I will fight for 50 all the way. And make it as difficult to get to 50 as Halo 2. :)
Fyre will forever be stuck in 20-30. Justice.

DesertFox

tumblr_lk8j6qmj7K1qzu5wc.gif

I don't think I could ever get used to the jump button not being mapped to A lol

Isn't there a chart with all the control schemes somewhere? I might take a look.

A scheme with jump on A, reload on RB, and LB being armor ability, with a button on the D-pad to toggle between sprint and my primary armor ability would be absolutely perfect for me.
I changed to bumper jumper after playing 11 years as default. Played through anniversary, ODST, 3 and reach campaigns with that control scheme and now it's second nature.

I avoided all the button frustration by playing it on campaign and honestly the switch to bumper jumper is well worth it

Get 3 maps into MM = 50. Ship it.

From playing the game.
Not killstreaks, all your personal points awarded to you in the game fill up the meter. 343 has not said how have points you need for a personal ordnance drop.
That's why I used the words "something like". It's about 5 kills, perhaps 75 points.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk8j6qmj7K1qzu5wc.gif[IMG]

A scheme with jump on A, reload on RB, and LB being armor ability, with a button on the D-pad to toggle between sprint and my primary armor ability would be absolutely perfect for me.[/QUOTE]

Oh don't get me wrong, same here, I'm just using its armor ability mapping to get used to sprint on x, because I'll be rocking recon on 4.

Get 3 maps into MM = 50. Ship it.

That's why I used the words "something like". It's about 5 kills, perhaps 75 points.

In that system I think only myself, Joeski, and HWM Blacknight would reach 50... lol. Getting 50 needs to be harder than that though. :p Nobody should be a 50 so we all have reason to improve. There might be someone I'm missing with the mix of Invasion/Infection/BTB maps. But would Joeski lose his 50 since Rebirth and Atom are no longer in matchmaking?

Fyre will forever be stuck in 20-30. Justice.

lol... Fyre you gonna let him talk about you like that?

Computron

THAT TREE DOES NOT REACT TO A WARTHOG IMPACT THE SAME WAY IT DID IN HALO 3, WHY EVEN BOTHER REMAKING THE MAP.

Haha, Hell yeah! This guy gets it!

i8EoMAJZEoc6M.gif

Nah, I am stoked to be able to play Valhalla again, I have pretty much only been playing Halo 3 BTB for the last several months, in part due to Valhalla.

But I will be just a little disapointed if that is not the case. You know;
I'll have to go get an electron microscope and burn that heresy off of my hard-drive! LOL

Only proper way to play Valhalla was with the modded version with a hundred goddamn trees.

Halo 3's engine was not amused by that one

Lol, I remember that one. I remember another one wher you could shoot trees from your SMGs too.

Just realized it's going to be a bit hard to make direct comparisons of any press shots of Ragnarok to Valhalla, as Halo 3 screenshots are still in limbo... damnit.

If you got a flash-drive partitioned for xbox storage, you can use an App called Halo ScreenShot Extractor.

I think I will do that just for fun. I am interested in seeing these kind of thinks just for old time's sake and to see the progress.
I don't think I have ever judged a game for it's graphics, I play a lot of Higher end PC title's but I still find things that halo does very well very enjoyable to look at.
There are quite a few things it excells at even over higher end games.

About to kick off a Halo themed October in preparation of Halo 4. I'm planning replays of 3 and ODST on Heroic, in addition to making it through a couple of the Halo books (Starting with fall of reach-- read it back when it came out but not since then).

I would've liked a layout for this:

LB: Sprint
RB: AA
X: Reload
B: Melee

Why can't I have this? Should've been the new Recon IMO with it's mix of classic (X button reload) and new (Bumpers for Sprint/AA).

Grenade on X would've been fine by me cuz how many times will you be throwing grenades per life anyway, especially in Halo 4?

I would've liked a layout for this:

LB: Sprint
RB: AA
X: Reload
B: Melee

Why can't I have this? Should've been the new Recon IMO with it's mix of classic (X button reload) and new (Bumpers for Sprint/AA).

Grenade on X would've been fine by me cuz how many times will you be throwing grenades per life anyway, especially in Halo 4?

Yeah, that's the control scheme that I want. Damn shame it didn't make it into the game.

Gui_PT

This is the last time I try to cheer this pit of bitter complaint tears up!

I quit!

Where do I go to collect this month's check?

Fracas

#fuckonami
Just got robbed of a perfection in MLG. Random tried to teamkill me, popped my shields, then a grenade comes out of nowhere and kills us both.

Blargh.

http://i.imgur.com/0ZwBq.png[img][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][IMG]http://www.laboiteverte.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Scenes-cult-movies-gif-11.gif
but really, what was that icon? lol

Halo 4 "Arrival" - Too good.

Also just realized.. Revenge + Dexter start tonight with The Walking Dead in a couple weeks! Survivor + The Challenge midweek too.. This month is going to FLY by! Halo 4, I'm ready for you.

Top Bottom