• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

Woah, the Mantis is Metal Gear!??

I really hope every Spartan 4 is genetically cloned from Snake.

Dont know if that looks fun at all, the Base Spartan is a superman in a suit which makes him super athletic. The mantis just looks like your taking that superman, who is in a suit which makes him super athletic, and putting him in a chunky suit.

Really worried about promethean vision, thinking about the games I played I didnt see too much AA use at all, but the thing is Prom Vision is an AA which is used and goes unnoticed when it is used. Theres a pulse on the radar to indicate it, but its extremely subtle and could be pretty hard to spot.

Gui_PT

Woah, the Mantis is Metal Gear!??

I really hope every Spartan 4 is genetically cloned from Snake.

Dont know if that looks fun at all, the Base Spartan is a superman in a suit which makes him super athletic. The mantis just looks like your taking that superman, who is in a suit which makes him super athletic, and putting him in a chunky suit.

Really worried about promethean vision, thinking about the games I played I didnt see too much AA use at all, but the thing is Prom Vision is an AA which is used and goes unnoticed when it is used. Theres a pulse on the radar to indicate it, but its extremely subtle and could be pretty hard to spot.

YOU'RE BACK TO COMPLAINING AGAIN!?!?!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
13 including Forge maps
1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

YOU'RE BACK TO COMPLAINING AGAIN!?!?!

I love Metal Gear.

I love Halo.

Somehow this doesn't seem right. :p

The base gameplay is so fast and so good I dont want BTB to just be heavies. That said 343 have surprised me a whole lot already, so im willing to bet its a LOT better than it looks.

Beckx

So there are only 10 maps, including forge environments?

Oh dear.

As they said above, and remember that there will be no forged maps in MM to start (excluding the Grifball stuff of course.

-----------------------------

UNRELATED.

This gave me joy. If this doesn't just describe most video game talk.

qi.png

This video's probably been posted. He went 29 to 0, untouchable perfection, chaining ordinance drops. The SAW looks way too powerful with too much ammo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff8wbTh79KI&list=UUEPC34t9jHYIl22_4tkC_TA&index=3&feature=plcp

Yeah Ordnance drops are crazy, I was getting multiples of them per match and it just felt a bit too much like I was being given more and more powerful tools to hurt people who where already hurting lol.

That said the guys I played against seemed really bad at the game - so maybe trueskill will balance that out.

I think im the guy who gets destroyed by the needler bottom mid in that game.

Good news... you can't get Dexterity and Ordnance Priority, but perhaps Mobility and Ordnance Priority could revolve around abusing weapon drops. Basically having the right power weapons for the right moments.

Gui_PT

I love Metal Gear.

I love Halo.

Somehow this doesn't seem right. :p

The base gameplay is so fast and so good I dont want BTB to just be heavies. That said 343 have surprised me a whole lot already, so im willing to bet its a LOT better than it looks.

You just like to complain

Amazing Mic

Neo Member
Ugh- my last game reminded me...

I wonder how mechanics-breaking it would be to address the glitches where you can shoot through walls if the very top of your head is exposed (i.e. if you can see over the wall). I can't think of a Halo without it, but trying to smoke out a sniper that's repeatedly just Cyclops-ing people with only his forehead is exposed always makes me throw fits. There are definitely times I mistakenly think I'm safe because I can't see the weapon.

My first thought was the guns are being held too low, but seeing pics that really isn't the case. It's probably not an easy fix, and perhaps not worth the resources. I know there are other games where you essentially lose the ability to fire if you are too close to a wall by bringing the gun to your chest, but that can be equally frustrating at times.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Calling there will be no small, symetrical maps.
crying-cat.gif
It's been said over and over and over and over that we already have small maps announced for Halo 4. With sprint as a default ability, the new small maps are bigger than the small maps from past Halo games. We're not going to get Midship-size maps, nor should we.

Edit : Looks like others already made my point for me. :lol

Top Bottom