• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT9| One Final Effort Is All That Remains

DesertFox

Uhhhh. If you Jetpack in your base's mancannon, using proper pulsing couldn't you end up straight on top of the enemy's base?

I've got an idea for that - once you step into the man cannon, your aa meter gets fully depleted and has to go through the usual recharge period.
also it causes the player to suddenly explode, just for using jetpack

Gui_PT

(bolded)
exactly.

seriously though, your telling me that in MM you never only kill the driver of the Wraith and/or Scorpion?

That given scenario is something I do often in Halo, I rarely ever destroy the whole thing

edit:
the difference between the number of melee's to kill a driver, and blow up a scorpion is very slim
with a little conservation you could easily kill the driver and take it for yourself in many situations
(in my experiences)

The Mantis is ridiculously tall though. So you stick out like a sore thumb which means you're easier to take out.

Shadders

Do we even know anything about the "new" jetpack? Like how long does it last, how quick is the recharge, etc.?

I can field this. It lasts about as long as it did in Reach, but there is a short cooldown before you can jet again. So sustained holding is about as good as it was in Reach, but you can't pump it for sustained flight like you used to be able to.

Looking over that Ragnarok video again. Dammit, it looks so good, but the ground could use some serious grass seed/fertilizer/sprinkler attention. Its the only green map in the game, make it green, dudes!

GhaleonEB

I don't know if this eases your worries about that at all, but I watched some gameplay and it appears that the walls/railing is higher on the bases so that when you're on the second level platform, you can't see the hill unless you jump on top of the actual railing.

Here

Also a good tweak.

Though I feel the man cannon and raised ridges on the base dance around the problem. To elaborate on what I'm concerned about, from the clip (I haven't watched the whole thing yet), the sniper in the base was getting tagged by the Light Rifle user, who was on the hill. If they can do that, then they can tag everyone in between the hill and base as well (who is not using cover, of course). You get these long range shootouts where players are entrenched and movement in between is throttled; think the middle of Hemorrhage.

What the clip did was cement my worry that play is going to be more dependent on those long range shootouts, with a lot of dead space in between.

I want to play it. But I'm not liking what I just saw in that clip. :(

Yo guys. They watered Blood Gulch for too long and it became Hemorrhage. Now they've not watered Valhalla enough and it's become Ragnarok!

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Why is the Carbine orange?? :*(

Surely it's just a skin, right?

Yes.

halo-4-covenant-carbine.png

Bsigg12

Hey quick question about Primordium. Does anyone know where I should go for either speculation or clarification of the ship who's name is redacted in the book?

Beckx

So will SR50 be something reasonably attainable through normal (if consistent) play? I'd guess that since it looks like you're supposed to level up multiple times to unlock all the specializations, right? It's not the Reach mountain again?

Hopefully all rank/exp reliant helmet unlocks are cleared by the time you hit SR50.

I hope it just falls over like an ATAT in Star Wars.

Wow, I actually wasn't aware that you couldn't get out. Guess this is why I could never escape a boarding. :p
I wonder if you can get out in Halo 4 while being borded.

Why would you want it to go back to the old way? Boarding a vehicle in Halo 2 was a death wish. The driver would just exit the vehicle while you're stuck in a long boarding animation and either kill you or immediately re-take the vehicle.

It wasn't much fun boarding a ghost only to have the driver get out, have the vehicle power down, and be locked into a vulnerable animation while the former driver sticks your new ride.

Use Thruster when you're at the highest point of the mancannon launch arc.
I remember seeing in one video (E3 build perhaps) someone used thruster after hitting the outside man canon on adrift. It completely killed his momentum from the man cannon and replaced it with the momentum from the thruster; he fell into a pit and died.

Bsigg12

Post it here with a spoiler tag like this:
[Primordium Spoiler]
Didact is a bad ass

Alright, I figured that's what I would do I am just trying to figure out what the fuck I just read.

Anyways, [Primordium Spoiler]
I for the life of me cannot figure out what ship it is that Guilty Spark (Chakas, seriously what the fuck) was being questioned on and eventually ends up taking over. Undoubtedly we'll see the ship mentioned or even show up in 4.

DeadNames

Banned
So... Only two unknown maps left.

I hope there's a Covy one or maybe one set near a volcano or something. Halo has a phobia for lava.

From impressions, order of how much I like those maps:
1. Solace
2. Complex
3. Haven
4. Ragnarok
5. Adrift
6. Exile
7. Abandon
8. Longbow

In general I'm more partial towards maps with CQB, more broken up structures with multiple levels, and varied lines of sight (Not a big area where you can see super long distances from anywhere). Abandon should be higher, according to those preferences, but something about the style just doesn't tickle my fancy.

Still, good stuff, big step up from Reach design I think.

789shadow

Banned
My brother (he doesn't have a GAF account) just showed me this IGN walkthrough of Meltdown and noticed the internet is still silent about it, even though it's been up for a while. I can't find it directly on IGN either;

Meltdown:
http://nl.ign.com/show_videos/56152

I did some URL-hunting (just changing the last number) and there's more:

Complex:
http://nl.ign.com/show_videos/56153

Adrift:
http://nl.ign.com/show_videos/56154

Isn't Meltdown an environment we've seen before?

L1NETT

From impressions, order of how much I like those maps:
1. Solace
2. Complex
3. Haven
4. Ragnarok
5. Adrift
6. Exile
7. Abandon
8. Longbow

For me, Solace, Haven and Adandon are easily the most promising. Longbow looks like a good BTB map as does Ragnarok while Adrift and Complex are yet to convince me.

Edit: I have never seen Meltdown before. I assume that vid wasn't mean to go live yet.

Edit 2.0: Nice to see they named a map after the GameInformer article.

Edit: 3.0!: Another BTB map :/

Vire

My brother (he doesn't have a GAF account) just showed me this IGN walkthrough of Meltdown and noticed the internet is still silent about it, even though it's been up for a while. I can't find it directly on IGN either;

Meltdown:
http://nl.ign.com/show_videos/56152

I did some URL-hunting (just changing the last number) and there's more:

Complex:
http://nl.ign.com/show_videos/56153

Adrift:
http://nl.ign.com/show_videos/56154

Wow... nice fucking work. Watching now before it gets removed.

Top Bottom