• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Hmm how did you guys get that perfection medal in Halo 3?

I have 4 achievements left total between 3 and ODST:
Deja Vu
Shotgun Spree
Sword Spree
Perfection

The 3 Halo 3 achievements are giving me quite a hard time, and perfection seems impossible...

Tapiozona

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:

Deja Vu
Shotgun Spree
Sword Spree
Perfection

The 3 Halo 3 achievements are giving me quite a hard time, and perfection seems impossible...

Sword spree and shotgun spree you should be able to get quite easily. All you have to be is patient. If you go offensively there's a better chance you'll get flanked or killed but if you let them come to you that achievement is very very easy to get. Flag games in particular (Standoff) make it real easy. Don't get too overzealous either. If you see 2 red dots, it may be better to just let them pass than try and kill both of them. You have a whoooole game to camp and get 5 kills in a row. it WILL happen.

I got my first perfection in the banshee on Valhalla. I played very cautiously..constantly hiding behind the large angled rock and making sure I knew where the laser was at all times before coming out. Otherwise, a good team on BTG usually makes the perfection easier to get.

Cynar

Deadly Cyclone said:

Deja Vu
Shotgun Spree
Sword Spree
Perfection

Perfection is just a bitch. I got it by playing with my friends who helped cover me. Play on Team Mythic so you'll always be on a mythic map. I think it also has to be a slayer gametype but I'm not sure.

Or you could get lucky and have the other team members lag out and quit too and that would make it easier for you to stay alive and hope that your other teammates don't get to 15 first.

Shotgun and Sword spree you'll get from just playing team mythic and being patient. It's a mix of luck and skill with these. :)

Major Williams said:
This was lost in all the new video craze.

THIS is an excellent choice for Director. He can handle character development very well while portraying realistic scenarios that enables the viewer to believe his vision.

The Fav man would be great but I am still praying for a chance Peter Jackson will take the reigns.

GhaleonEB

Devin Olsen said:
Well you know what else occurred to me just now...

The GAF Breakfast Before Bungie Bash (think I went a bit overboard there) is officially going to happen!

List of Confirmed Attendees
  • GhaleonEB
  • Devin Olsen
  • goatrope
  • Baily Howatt (My Friend)
  • Reluctant-Hero +1 Guest
  • BlueBlur (I would assume since you'll be with Ghal)
  • Hostile Paradox (Same as BlueBlur)
  • Sean P. +3 Guests (possibly only one)
  • Deady Cyclone +1 Guest

List of invited but Un-Confirmed Attendees (when I say invited what I mean is by reading this and seeing your name, you're invited... You know?)
  • urk
  • Louis Wu
  • ManCannon

Where?: TBD... We will need someone from Seattle to suggest a good spot to meet-up in the morning for Breakfast. Preferably walking distance to the convention
When?: The panel starts Saturday morning at 10:00AM and showing up 1 1/2 - 2 hours early probably wouldn't be a bad idea... 7:00AM Breakfast would probably be the best bet, or perhaps even earlier, this can be fine tuned later.
Why?: Game with fame. (I've got to stop trying to make alliterations and rhymes.. this doesn't even make sense). Actually though it's a good way to all get together Saturday morning and introduce eachother (if we haven't all already met). This way we can queue up in line together while we wait for the Bungie Panel and at least have someone to talk to while we wait.

If you're coming to PAX and you'd like to be on this list PM me!

If unanimously you all agree that my idea is bad then so be it, we can change the plans... I just want to make sure we have something set up ahead of time.
It might be easier to do a post-panel lunch, as there will be more dining choices and it will be easier to round everyone up, as I'm not sure people want to be up at 6:00 to meet other GAFers. I'm down for it, but I haven't checked with BB and HP to see if they want me to haul them in that early. Just a suggestion; I haven't seen anyone else chime in.

GhaleonEB said:
It might be easier to do a post-panel lunch, as there will be more dining choices and it will be easier to round everyone up, as I'm not sure people want to be up at 6:00 to meet other GAFers. I'm down for it, but I haven't checked with BB and HP to see if they want me to haul them in that early. Just a suggestion; I haven't seen anyone else chime in.
Either a pre-panel breakfast or a post-panel lunch, I'm good for either one.

Kapura, we have an open slot now. If you'd like to join us , or anyone else for ODST firefight on Security Zone, Normal for 200k. My Gt is same as GAF

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Tapiozona said:
Sword spree and shotgun spree you should be able to get quite easily. All you have to be is patient. If you go offensively there's a better chance you'll get flanked or killed but if you let them come to you that achievement is very very easy to get. Flag games in particular (Standoff) make it real easy. Don't get too overzealous either. If you see 2 red dots, it may be better to just let them pass than try and kill both of them. You have a whoooole game to camp and get 5 kills in a row. it WILL happen.

I got my first perfection in the banshee on Valhalla. I played very cautiously..constantly hiding behind the large angled rock and making sure I knew where the laser was at all times before coming out. Otherwise, a good team on BTG usually makes the perfection easier to get.

Thanks both of you. Tap I should have specified, these are all mythic map achievements. Sword spree on Heretic, shotgun spree on Citadel and perfection on any mythic map. :)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
GhaleonEB said:

I like breakfast, I'd say 7am is plenty early though. That will allow us to eat and get to the panel location by 8:15 at the latest which should be plenty early.

Tapiozona

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
Thanks both of you. Tap I should have specified, these are all mythic map achievements. Sword spree on Heretic, shotgun spree on Citadel and perfection on any mythic map. :)

Crap, forgot it was on mythic maps..havent played in a while. Same strategy though for the shotgun one..camp the flag in different locations and pick your fights..who cares if you lose.

Poster before me was right to...You can only get perfections on a slayer gametype.

MrDaravon

Trailer is awesome.

Also if anyone's interested, the Series 1 McFarland figures have found their way into stores, I saw all of them at Walmart tonight.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm hopping on for the night, too. I still need some of the 200Ks, Deja Vu, Annual... Feel free to invite me! GT = popular revolt.

GhaleonEB said:
Yeah I kind of wondered about that...

Lets see what the rest of the folks think. My only thought on Breakfast was it brings up together for the whole waiting in the line-up & panel.

Devin Olsen said:
Yeah I kind of wondered about that...

Lets see what the rest of the folks think. My only thought on Breakfast was it brings up together for the whole waiting in the line-up & panel.
But post-panel you will be sure not to have that awkward "nobody-knows-what-to-say-next" phase :p

Quick thanks to you bungie guys, your game is the reason I have nothing after 9/14 that I will be buying. I didn't think all that could be crammed on one dvd-9 to be honest. Appreciate it.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GhaleonEB said:
Cheescake factory is directly across street, can seat big parties and makes excellent high calorie food with vast menu, including breakfast and is reasonably priced. Also sells cheesecake.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Cheescake factory is directly across street, can seat big parties and makes excellent high calorie food with vast menu, including breakfast and is reasonably priced. Also sells cheesecake.
You trying to invite yourself to our party?

Dani said:
Forge World Game Informer article

rockheader.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSqwCs7kRfU

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
OuterWorldVoice said:

Let's do breakfast there and go together to the panel. :D

Stackboy

Hey guys, I lurk here all the time, looking for new, spoiler-free info. Just had 2 quick question. They are probably stupid, but you guys are the best source around for getting information.

Are guest accounts going to be able to play online again, with an XBL gold member?

Any idea when the playlists are going to be announced?

Thanks

Tapiozona said:
Crap, forgot it was on mythic maps..havent played in a while. Same strategy though for the shotgun one..camp the flag in different locations and pick your fights..who cares if you lose.

Poster before me was right to...You can only get perfections on a slayer gametype.

You can't get a perfection medal in objective games. It has to be slayer. Schooled.

Stackboy said:
Hey guys, I lurk here all the time, looking for new, spoiler-free info. Just had 2 quick question. They are probably stupid, but you guys are the best source around for getting information.

Are guest accounts going to be able to play online again, with an XBL gold member?

Thanks
I'd guess so.

I'm not sure.

Striker

Stackboy said:

Thanks
Yes, you can.

Playlists were spoken of before, and mentioned things for "Competitive" and "Arena" in separate brackets. I do hope we see or find out more also, to be honest.

GhaleonEB

OuterWorldVoice said:
I didn't know they did breakfast, that sounds like a good meet up place.

Two years ago Voc brought me there and bought me some deep fried macaroni and cheese balls. They were amazing, but I have just this week dipped below my pre-deep fried macaroni and cheese balls weight. (Down to 169; I gained four pounds on the PAX'08 trip). It has taken two years and more recently a vigorous work out routine a few times a week.

I think I'll stick to bagels and cereal this time around.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
zero margin said:
Because I was in DP before you were born son. OK not really but it was a long ass time ago. :lol

Haha, I need to add your gamertag. FR sent. I don't think we have ever played together. Najaf posts here too.

Howcome Maya, Game,JAH, PJ, EAB and Bloody aren't on your friends list?

I am so pissed right now, just played FFA for like 6 hours trying to get Two for One and omg I can't. I played avalanche and got the laser so many times. 2 kills the whole game. I was so pissed. :lol

GhaleonEB said:

Two years ago Voc brought me there and bought me some deep fried macaroni and cheese balls. They were amazing, but I have just this week dipped below my pre-deep fried macaroni and cheese balls weight. (Down to 169; I gained four pounds on the PAX'08 trip). It has taken two years and more recently a vigorous work out routine a few times a week.

Cheesecake Factory sounds good. But are they open at 7:00 AM for breakfast? Yeah, they don't open until 11:00 AM on Saturdays...

MrDaravon

Game2Death said:
I am so pissed right now, just played FFA for like 6 hours trying to get Two for One and omg I can't. I played avalanche and got the laser so many times. 2 kills the whole game. I was so pissed. :lol

Mythic Brawl for the weekend playlist is up, Laser Tag (start with Laser and Sniper Rifle) comes up 11% of the time, you might try giving that a go.

Reluctant-Hero said:
Cheesecake Factory sounds good. But are they open at 7:00 AM for breakfast? Yeah, they don't open until 11:00 AM on Saturdays...
We were straight up lied to.

The nerve... Alright we will need to think of another good spot to meet-up in the morning.

We can do a two part meet-up... Early morning GAF'ers and the sleepier folks can catch up later.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Game2Death said:

I got mine in Lone Wolves on Snowbound. Get the laser and wait until you see one player walking towards another or camp inside until two players come in at the same time. With luck and patience (and lots of swearing), you'll have it in no time.

Kuroyume

Banned
The ad kind of was disappointing mostly because of the lame music. I liked it otherwise...

Halo 2 ad > Halo 3 first ad > Halo 3: ODST ad > Halo 3 ad > Halo Reach ad

I can see you guys morning GAF meetup being incredibly awkward with the lack of alcohol. I'm imagining a group sitting round a table, all refreshing GAF on their phones, maybe looking up every now and again...... then back to GAF. The ones with the high post counts being the very very quiet ones. Maybe someone will get the courage to speak, "Hey, uh, cool post". People trying to match each other to their avatars, realising they're a more overweight and greasier and than they pictured them (along with strange facial hair and glasses). Prepare for some weird age gaps as well.... and the very awkward moment when someone makes a post about the meetup, instead of actually speaking to the people he's posting to.

Devin Olsen said:
We were straight up lied to.

The nerve... Alright we will need to think of another good spot to meet-up in the morning.

We can do a two part meet-up... Early morning GAF'ers and the sleepier folks can catch up later.

Two part works for me. I just don't want to miss out the Bungie panel. I arrived too late to last year's ODST panel, thanks to the Dragon Age booth line, and the Enforcers weren't letting anyone in.

Kuroyume said:
The ad kind of was disappointing mostly because of the lame music. I liked it otherwise...

I watched it on mute and already know you are full of shit :p

feel

Kuroyume said:

Gotta admit, I'm a fan of your posts. :lol

GhaleonEB said:

Oh my god I wish I could go with you guys. That sounds so delicious.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, Chocopolka and I are looking for two more people to get some 200Ks! GT = popular revolt.

Top Bottom