• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

Striker

Gui_PT said:
You're one of them, mister complains-about-post-counts =P

The problem is not what is posted, it's how he posts it.
Post-counts I don't care about. If most of the substance is regarded to garbage or shit that belongs in an IRC chat, then sure. Ghaleon, for example, always has a high count in Halo threads, but at least he has consistency and posts about the actual game.

I have no problem with what Wise Man wrote. And it's true there's a group here who get overly sensitive over certain quirks. It's why non-regulars are often discouraged from posting more often. Then there's certain ones who try too damn hard to fit in.

Oozer3993

MrBig said:
My top hat is much better than any helmet.

sure

Anyone else for some 200k FF action right now?

big ander said:
Why. Why would you even make me hope for that.
If it's that...I would have no words.

I set up the dreams, Mancannon crushes 'em. But that was the first thought I had upon seeing the final scene in the trailer.

Gui_PT

Striker said:
Post-counts I don't care about. If most of the substance is regarded to garbage or shit that belongs in an IRC chat, then sure. Ghaleon, for example, always has a high count in Halo threads, but at least he has consistency and posts about the actual game.

I have no problem with what Wise Man wrote. And it's true there's a group here who get overly sensitive over certain quirks. It's why non-regulars are often discouraged from posting more often. Then there's certain ones who try too damn hard to fit in.

I agree with your first paragraph, but the mock-ish tone of all his posts got really repetitive really fast. All he does is make fun of people liking features in the game. If he didn't do that, the posts would be fine, really.

But 4 posts out of 4 being about "wow, seriously, you guys are hyped about this or that? wow, really? I mean, is that really what you guys get excited about? Am I really the only one in here who expects cool stuff? wow" gets old really fast.

Edit: Won't continue discussing this though. No disrespect, but I don't want to fill the thread with posts like this.

Nutter

So uh about PAX, who else is going?

Ill be sure to have impressions/videos of me playing in HD uploaded somewhere. New Maps and other hotness will be awesome.

Also, where is this opening cut scene everyone is watching.

desertdroog

The wall crawling/jumping Skirmishers in the firefight vid reminds me of an article pre-Halo2 where it was suggested that the aliens may have similar behavior and hide in shadows.

I don't remember the details or with whom the article interviewed. Here is hoping someone here remembers that and can discuss it in detail?

Because I'm really jazzed about the thought of such verticality in firefights with such a hyper twitch enemy in Halo: Reach and wondered what if for Halo 2.

Not sure if this was posted, but a new video interview with Sketch is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C9UuwpWYk4&hd=1

Nice compilation of video interspersed with dropping knowledge.

someone give me avatar helmetz lolz

Nutter said:

Ill be sure to have impressions/videos of me playing in HD uploaded somewhere. New Maps and other hotness will be awesome.

I put it in the OP if you can't find it.

Striker

Nutter said:

Blim posted it a page or two back. The first stream is basically what the VGA trailer was, but up to date, and still looks gorgeous. The stream two is the actual opening cut-scene that shows us from a first-person view.

chess

So in the latest vidoc is Halsley talking to Cortana? Is Noble team's goal in the end to ensure MC get off reach safely? Is this the important job/mission? I really don't know the fiction at all. Would just seem fitting to get 117 out safely giving the ultimate sacrifice and lead in to CE. Why else would you want to play reach to just die?

I'm more of a competive MM player. This is the first time I've found interest in the story.

Oozer3993

desertdroog said:
The wall crawling/jumping Skirmishers in the firefight vid reminds me of an article pre-Halo2 where it was suggested that the aliens may have similar behavior and hide in shadows.

I don't remember the details or with whom the article interviewed. Here is hoping someone here remembers that and can discuss it in detail?

Because I'm really jazzed about the thought of such verticality in firefights with such a hyper twitch enemy in Halo: Reach and wondered what if for Halo 2.
That was probably from an EGM spread from November 2002. Interestingly, it also mentioned sprinting and reduced gravity, among a bunch of other things that didn't make it into the game.

vhfive

Wiggum2007 said:
Seeing my customized Noble 6's helmet in the opening scene is gunna rock my balls off.
I cannot wait to see my big-ass security helmet (security has to be in it right?)
with a bullet through it
<-opening cinematic spoiler

Doodis

chess said:
So in the latest vidoc is Halsley talking to Cortana? Is Noble team's goal in the end to ensure MC get off reach safely? Is this the important job/mission? I really don't know the fiction at all. Would just seem fitting to get 117 out safely giving the ultimate sacrifice and lead in to CE. Why else would you want to play reach to just die?

I'm more of a competive MM player. This is the first time I've found interest in the story.
There are two opinions on it - 1)It's Cortana, and 2)It's Auntie Dot, the new A.I.

Most of the evidence points to it being the new A.I.

Striker

Wiggum2007 said:
Seeing my customized Noble 6's helmet in the opening scene is gunna rock my balls off.
What I've wondered is how will cut-scenes look with, for instance, you go into the campaign with two others and there's 3 Noble 6 characters with their own unique customization. Will it show one Noble 6 (the users), all the co-op players, or something else? Not sure if I've caught Brian saying one thing or another. :\

Wiggum2007

Striker said:
What I've wondered is how will cut-scenes look with, for instance, you go into the campaign with two others and there's 3 Noble 6 characters with their own unique customization. Will it show one Noble 6 (the users), all the co-op players, or something else? Not sure if I've caught Brian saying one thing or another. :\

I'd assume the host's Noble 6 will appear in the cutscenes, and the other players won't be visible in the cutscene. Similar to how extra players in past Halo games aren't shown in cutscenes.

desertdroog

Oozer3993 said:
That was probably from an EGM spread from November 2002. Interestingly, it also mentioned sprinting and reduced gravity, among a bunch of other things that didn't make it into the game.
Thanks for clarifying.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Oozer3993 said:
Anyone else for some 200k FF action right now?
I won't be around my 360 till the weekend, but if you want to try Saturday or Sunday night (or any night after that) after 6pm PST, I'd be totally down! GT = popular revolt.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Chinner said:
untextured mesh? is that what we're calling muscle nowadays?

29gcug1.jpg

ElRenoRaven

EazyB said:
Kinda inconsiderate of them to abandon us after only 10 straight years of nothing but Halo.

I know how dare they. Talk about rude and inconsiderate. I demand 10 more years of Bungie made Halo damn it!!

:D

Gui_PT

Sai-kun said:
Damn where can I get me one of those? :lol

He's too sexy for his shirt too sexy for his shirt
So sexy it hurts
And he's too sexy for Milan too sexy for Milan
New York and Japan

The 5 minutes of bungie FF has me super pumped. That's exactly the kind of short burst of gaming someone with a job and family needs. Awesome.

Dirtbag

I hope that big wildlife monster thing from the photos a month back appears in firefight. Would be cool to have a beast round.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
I know, it sucks. But Reach will be awesome.
MS' super studio with Frankles will be glorious, Halo is in good hands. But it makes me curious for Bungie's next IP.

Top Bottom