• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

2hg8s2o.jpg

jl06c1.png

Bungie is set to appear and show Halo Reach at this year's GamesCom 2010.

Community content writer and all around family man, urk, in a recent update proclaimed,

"Next stop, Gamescom. Bring a change of pants, people. You’re gonna need ‘em."

2146nmt.png

Microsoft Keynote: August 17th – UK 11.30am US 6.30am (ET)

Live Stream of Webchat Q & A with Bungie: August 18th – US 1.30 PM (ET)
28iwydk.png

ViDoc: A Spartan Will Rise Direct Download | YouTube

Firefight Map "Corvette" Revealed | Offscreen Action Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 | Part 4 | Part 5

Official Firefight Video of Corvette

Official Firefight Video of Outpost

Campaign Intro Demonstration: Warning for Spoilers

Bungie.net Integration

Live Action Trailer: Deliver Hope

Live Action Trailer: Patrol | Live Action Trailer: Remember Reach

Halo Waypoint coming to Windows 7 Mobile Phones

German Video Interview: About Halo Reach

French Video Interview: A Summary

Gamespot Video Interview: Confirms Campaign Matchmaking

est27r.jpg

jzwmiq.jpg

27yjie.jpg

123oz0h.jpg

akhkzk.jpg

2a77ql2.jpg

Editor's Note: I will be updating the OP as more relevant information becomes available.

WARNING: HALO REACH HAS LEAKED ONTO THE INTERNET. Please use appropriate spoiler tags and be considerate.

DancingJesus said:
Resident community manager and all around family man, urk, in a recent update proclaimed that, "Next stop, is Gamescom. Bring a change of pants, people. You’re gonna need ‘em."
I am literally shitting myself with anticipation

Blueblur1

Hopefully Theater Mode will have some fancy improvements. If only it could record XBL voice but that's asking for too much.

Arnie

Countdown and Boardwalk please. Oh and Theater too, I want to be able to edit and combine my clips without leaving my 360.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hypehypehype.

All I want for theater 2.0 is a much faster fast forward option. Last one took forever if you wanted to get something past a few minutes or so into the match.

Havok

DancingJesus said:
I was in a bit of a rush. The moment I uploaded it, I realized it was incorrect. Sorry bout' that. :)
Oh, no worries, I just love it when people commit typos to images. It happens all the time :)

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Worst banner ever, you should be ashamed!

:p

Gui_PT

user_nat said:
Trying to work out the Australian time, does the UK have daylight savings?

Doesn't all the world? =\

It's 1 am right now, UK time. The conference will be at 11:30. That should help a bit.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Gui_PT said:

It's 1 am right now, UK time. The conference will be at 11:30. That should help a bit.

Nah, there's actually a couple states in the U.S that don't. I would imagine there may be some countries that don't either.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
Gui_PT said:

Haha, I thought it did but wasn't sure. Where I live we don't have daylight savings.. so no.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
So what time does this thing kick off? 630 EST?

Kibbles

Hmm, what do you guys think. ViDoc tomorrow on Bnet? Those videos urk teased on Reflection, Spire, and Zealot?

Where are the teases?! Shishka needs to give us the scoop.

GhaleonEB

Kibbles said:
Hmm, what do you guys think. ViDoc tomorrow on Bnet? Those videos urk teased on Reflection, Spire, and Zealot?

Where are the teases?! Shishka needs to give us the scoop.
That or a MP trailer is my guess for the morning.
PIMPBYBLUD said:
Space Combat Multiplayer?
Ruled out previously. I'm hoping for more MP and Firefight maps, and some deep dives into the MP content (customization is BONKERS).

EazyB

Banned
Ya think Shishka deleted Urk's map as he was being thrown out? It's been quite a while since the last Incompetent Cartographer.

MrBig said:
ya
I don't think there's going to be an official stream though, and bungie hasn't said much on times

Not much has been said in the way of a video live stream, but there will at least certainly be live blogging and any important details related to Halo will be posted on Bungie.net

If I find anything I'll let you guys know.

big ander

I'm really excited for this, was gone for the weekend so I missed customs and most of the discussion but:
-Another awesome Waypoint vid, thanks again
-Spartansamurai :lol :lol
-Some very cool drawings you did Mik. Really enjoyed them.

Well I'm hoping for:
-One last vidoc
-Another look at campaign
-The reveal of the one final game mode (there was one more, correct?)
-At least one new MP map reveal
I've got my hopes too high. :p

Not expressly on the GamesCon topic, but Rooster Teeth just put up the newest Red vs Blue episode is up on their website, but only for sponsors for another half hour. Then it goes live for all registered members (free accounts) and then it's available for all an hour after that.

EDIT: oh yeah, and do we know what happened to Shishka yet?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Getting a 360 + XBL + Halo 3 again has abated my Reach hype... UNTIL NOW. SO EXCITE! The only thing I can possibly imagine is Theater 2.0 and Campaign footage, but who the hell knows. I've been pleasantly shocked a bazillion time by Bungie with this title.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I really think we need a new vid that delves into MP more in terms of customization, and just showing off the maps.

Speaking of which does anyone have a list of known maps that are gonna be in Reach?

Mik's earlier display got me in a creative mood and I thought I would share this pic I sketched from Carter's render on bnet.

mlgsvs.jpg

Zeouterlimits is representing IrishHaloGaf at GamesCom wooot :p

big ander

Hydranockz said:
Mik's earlier display got me in a creative mood and I thought I would share this pic I sketched from Carter's render on bnet.

mlgsvs.jpg

Zeouterlimits is representing IrishHaloGaf at GamesCom wooot :p
Said on Tweeeeter, but I really like that, good work!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I hate when this happens because I wake up and HaloGAF is lightyears ahead on everything, so nothing is new and you enter the thread and they're already talking about Reflection again. *shakes fist*

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Metroidvania said:
Hypehypehype.

All I want for theater 2.0 is a much faster fast forward option. Last one took forever if you wanted to get something past a few minutes or so into the match.

Please stop pretending you have some interest in Halo. That act died long ago. :)

GamesCom get!

Top Bottom