• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

Dani said:
Each video ends with Remember Reach.
Nah, tis my fault really for not realising the spoilers were live-action related.
I'll resist the urge to highlight.

Tis a bit odd that
when the soldiers are called in, they leisurely stroll to the transport rather than a military jog/run.
Not sure if we're spoiler tagging the clips once they're in the wild to be seen, but just incase.

Dani said:
Apparently the folks behind the "Believe" ad campaign are behind this.
Neat, gives the same vibe, and having proven their quality before it makes sense.

Lazslo

Dani said:
Apparently the folks behind the "Believe" ad campaign are behind this.
Nice find. I was searching 42 Entertainment and 4th Wall's webpages for anything Reach related but no luck.

Cetra

Sai-kun said:
So who the fuck else is staying up for 4 more hours with me?!?!?!?

I'm there. Just got a 12 pack of brew. Listening to some ODST soundtrack and spamming F5 on this thread. :lol

Popeck

Megaton: apparently Halo Waypoint will be coming for Windows Mobile 7.

Windows Phone 7 also will be supported by content from Microsoft Game Studios (MGS), providing strong first-party gaming titles and intellectual property for the phone. For Xbox fans, this means that Windows Phone 7 will offer companion titles to familiar names, such as "Halo: Waypoint," and "Crackdown 2," extending the experience of their favorite Xbox 360 franchises.

Sai-kun said:

Oh man, I just woke up.

Sai-kun

Banned
II CETRA II said:
I'm there. Just got a 12 pack of brew. Listening to some ODST soundtrack and spamming F5 on this thread. :lol

Get the Live Thread Updater thing. Works very well for threads like these!

Sai-kun said:
:lol
I hope they announce stuff just so you're not disappointed

Popeck said:
Oh neat idea, hell yeah for making this happen.

Very excited for this. I wonder what they're gonna announce.

I've got to hit the hay though. Sai-kun I wish I could stay up with you, but I've got work in the am, and I need to be sharp.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sure, here's the summary.

Remember Reach

The Remember website was found (http://www.rememberreach.com)

The website teases that a "monument" will go live in just over a week.

When all hope on planet Reach seemed lost,
Noble Team stood united in defense of humankind.
In honor of their heroism, we come together.
Remember Noble. Remember Reach.
The Monument to Noble Team burns brighter with each who remembers their courage.

The monument is a montage of light created by a robot (the arm featured on the site) created by Kuka, a robotics and technology company.

Fans wishing to pay tribute to Noble Team's sacrifice will get a chance to remember Noble Team by placing a beacon on the portal. The Kuka robot will then place your light into the montage and you will be notified via Facebook.

Remember Reach goes beyond this "monument" as videos will be shown on the site (TV spots?) and users can print out their own Spartan III program certificate.

This is a preview video showing you behind the scenes setting up the Kuka robot.

This is the first video (TV spot?) called "Patrol"

MP3 of the Ghosts of Reach background music on the site.

Scripts for the other videos

Balloon

Don't worry Sophie, we'll get you another one next Saturday.

Hybrid/New Life

The timing is insane.
Why? Half our friends have already gone.
We can't live in this Kiva anymore. Manassas is the only choice.
And leave my family? We've been here for three generations.
You think I could just up and go?
Why not?
I don't want you to go.
Oh Gabe, I have to.
Why?
Because the company needs me to.
3 Charlie. Come in.
3 Charlie. Copy.
Prep your team for immediate mobilization to Visegrad.
We’ve lost contact with the Comm Relay Hub.
Roger. We’re on the way. 3 Charlie, out.
There is nothing in Visegrad anymore. It’s dying. Right along with this farm.
I’m so sick of the argument. If we go, how are you going to support us?
I’ll find a job. Alright? Two if I have to. Things will get better.
You don’t know that.
Maybe not. But it’s better than staying here and having no future at all.
It’s only 3 days Gabe. I’ll be back in no time.
I’ll talk to you every night before you go to bed, ok?
Let’s move.

Spaceport

I don't want you to go.
Oh Gabe, I have to.
Why?
Because the company needs me to.
I'll tell you what, if you're a good boy, and take care of daddy for me..
I will bring you back a present ok?
It's only 3 days, Gabe. I'll be back in no time.
I'll talk to you every night before you go to bed, ok?
Attention! The following flights have been cancelled...

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
n4vy1.jpg

I shall call him Action Frankie and that is his "not sure if serious" face.

Popeck

New Reach features incoming? From Microsoft's official press release:

2010 finds all the biggest blockbusters on Xbox 360, with an amazing 3rd
party lineup proving that once again Xbox 360 is the best place to play,
including the highly anticipated blockbusters "Halo:Reach" and "Fable
III" which will be showing off some new features for play at Gamescom.

Of course this could be just some PR mumbojumbo about a familiar yet revamped feature.

Roche

Mik2121 said:
I made another 'character' for my comic template (that I might or might not use ever for an actual comic :p)

lCm29.png

It's already avatar-sized in case someone wants it.

That's really awesome, I'm going to use it as my avatar if nobody else is using it.

Mik2121

Roche178 said:
That's really awesome, I'm going to use it as my avatar if nobody else is using it.
Nobody else is using it so feel free to take it. You might want to re-host it, though. I would not trust imgur's long term hosting.

Popeck said:
Yeah
bannerdefault.jpg

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/h/halowaypointmobile/default.htm

Channel 9 has an video interview with Dan Ayoub, executive producer at 343 Industries about the features and what we can expect. HERE

And, it appears that 343i Is going to make a podcast also, check the video at 0:45. I'm trying to take a screenshot, i'll upload it in a few minutes.

Edit: done
k3509f.png
2wqzsl0.png

Kibbles

Something is coming :D Bungie last signed into YouTube 2 hours ago (could be coincidence, but usually it says weeks, so it seems it's only used to upload videos). They probably uploaded something and set it to private for now until it's time to put it up.

[edit] Oh... it better not be the live action trailer. I'd rather see the actual game.

wwm0nkey

Kibbles said:
Something is coming :D Bungie last signed into YouTube 2 hours ago (could be coincidence, but usually it says weeks, so it seems it's only used to upload videos). They probably uploaded something and set it to private for now until it's time to put it up.

[edit] Oh... it better not be the live action trailer. I'd rather see the actual game.
Vidoc confirmed :lol

Mik2121

Am I the only one not that interested in Waypoint on a mobile? I'd rather see a bnet version for mobile to be able to check stats and screenshots from halo 3 / odst / reach and have access to all their blog entries, all easily viewable on a mobile, rather than just videos and my own achievements.

Or if they were to add all the stats available in bnet to waypoint, and then have all that available on the mobile version.. then I would be interested.

JMizzlin

Does Bungie normally post any marketing videos on their site? I'm personally thinking it's a Theatre mode ViDoc, considering thus far it's been two other 'unique' features, Forge and Firefight. The new 'unique feature' that is Theatre 2.0 surely warrants a ViDoc.

Also, AusHaloGAF: If you pre-ordered from EB Games prior to yesterday you not only receive that sexy Recon helmet, but ALSO that epic chest plate and grenade belt.

Any pre-orders post yesterday will receive only the latter as Recon supplies have run out. This is exciting as it means I no longer have to try and hunt one down from a US friend.

von zipp

Eye Drop said:
Also, AusHaloGAF: If you pre-ordered from EB Games prior to yesterday you not only receive that sexy Recon helmet, but ALSO that epic chest plate and grenade belt.

Any pre-orders post yesterday will receive only the latter as Recon supplies have run out. This is exciting as it means I no longer have to try and hunt one down from a US friend.

PROFIT!

that is good news.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Sai-kun said:
I'm half asleep in my bed and i feel like I am dying

This is incilviided djdifjt svUf

I'm slowly fadinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I also approve of the UK appropriate time.

Raide said:
*waits for the Flood in Firefight announcement* :D

Please!

I don't get this obsession with wanting Flood back in the game. It wouldn't make any sense, and they're far less interesting to fight than Covenant. They've been shoehorned in to enough Halo games as it is.

wwm0nkey

Photolysis said:

I don't get this obsession with wanting Flood back in the game. It wouldn't make any sense, and they're far less interesting to fight than Covenant. They've been shoehorned in to enough Halo games as it is.
How about playing as flood for infection only?

That remember Reach site does nothing for me. I pick Ireland, it loads up something for a minute, then all I see is that robotic arm... Nothing else happens... halp?

Sibylus

Banned
Sai-kun said:
Am in bedz. My back was hurting so bed = delicious.

I would kill for someone to bring me a cold glass of apple juice
That's how the bed gets you though, it starts getting comfy and BAM! You miss whatever it is you're staying awake for. Do something stimulating before your bed sings beautiful songs to ur butt and makes you go out like a light.

Raide

Photolysis said:

The Covenant are great fun because they use tactics but the Flood also had its moments where they just try to beat you with numbers. In Halo, it was a shift from the tactical Covenant style to the mindless zombie style of the Flood. Especially the little popcorn Flood who just hang on to you. :lol

As an added option for Firefight, it would be great to have some variety mixed in there.

Botolf said:
That's how the bed gets you though, it starts getting comfy and BAM! You miss whatever it is you're staying awake for. Do something stimulating before your bed sings beautiful songs to ur butt and makes you go out like a light.
I am awake already after like 4 hours sleep and already wanting to sleep. Damn you Reach :p

27 days guys.

Top Bottom