• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Wiggum2007 said:
What was with that Skirmisher jumping 30 feet in the air in that Corvette Firefight video? :lol

Was he jumping or did he teleport...new AA...

040723_MNightShyamalan_bcol_2p.widec.jpg

:lol Really though, they are just crazy aliens, either that or the game kinda wonked out for a second.

Not a Jellyfish said:
Was he jumping or did he teleport...new AA...

040723_MNightShyamalan_bcol_2p.widec.jpg

:lol Really though, they are just crazy aliens, either that or the game kinda wonked out for a second.

Im hoping thats how they usually act. If so they are so freaking awesome, its scary. They could seriously swarm you no matter where you hid.

Demoncarnotaur said:
Im hoping thats how they usually act. If so they are so freaking awesome, its scary. They could seriously swarm you no matter where you hid.
Yup. But if it is normal, then I gotta wonder about elites as well

Thanks for running the demo today Brian, I could tell you were itching to shoot something ;)

Played two sessions of FireFight today; 1st on the new map which is pretty awesome - definitely gets hectic once the wraith is dropped off.

Second was on Overlook, where I got to try the concussion rifle which seems cool - controls weren't inverted on that machine though so I sucked that round.

Major Williams said:

Oh, did they do the same thing in that video? I must have missed that. Well hey, the more crazy aggressive and agile aliens the better I guess.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Major Williams said:

I always wanted elites or any enemy in halo to act more animalistic, to climb around, knock things over and actually act like a different species. I love the AI in the series because it is challenging but not much of a difference between grunts and jackals for me.

Hopefully skirmishers bring some very interesting chaos to the mix. :D

I saw this on HBO and I just had to bring it over here (sorry if I steal your thunder Mr. Wu) apparently Forklift action, a Forklift trade magazine did an article on Forky. :lol

forkliftaction_20100818.png

Enough with the Corvette vids already--sure, it looks damned pretty, but I want to see how firefight plays out on a bigger, vehicle based map. The best firefight rounds I've had in ODST involved vehicles.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
The Wise Old Man said:
Enough with the Corvette vids already--sure, it looks damned pretty, but I want to see how firefight plays out on a bigger, vehicle based map. The best firefight rounds I've had in ODST involved vehicles.

Enough of the FireFight vids already, I want my Invasion on the map Spire vids! :D

I'm kinda disappointed that you can't raise or lower the fork. :(

It would have been awesome to move around crates and other objects and build a little fort to help keep the baddies out.

EDIT: In Firefight, that is.

MrBig

The Wise Old Man said:
They're not going to show anymore of the firefight maps due to possible spoilers in the campaign.
I do hope there will be some better firefight maps, all the ones show so far aren't exactly great for vehicle combat.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
-Yeti said:
I'm kinda disappointed that you can't raise or lower the fork. :(

It would have been awesome to move around crates and build a little fort to help keep the baddies out.

I would have liked to make a forge map and infection gametype where the zombie drove a forklift and had to drop items and explosive things on players who were in a pit below. Could be random and fun.

Sai-kun

Banned
The Wise Old Man said:
Dude, are you fucking kidding me? What the hell is your problem? You've made like 4 posts, all of which are nothing but complaints.

You seriously need to sit down and zip it, because whining about it ain't gonna make Frankie come in here and post a video. All we have is Corvette right now, so that's all you're gonna get. You know if Waypoibt or Bungie puts up bids of another map, they will be posted.

Chill.

Not a Jellyfish said:
I would have liked to make a forge map and infection gametype where the zombie drove a forklift and had to drop items and explosive things on players who were in a pit below. Could be random and fun.

Haha, that would have been pretty fun. At least we can push items around. Maybe your gametype could still work that way.

Sai-kun said:
Dude, are you fucking kidding me? What the hell is your problem? You've made like 4 posts, all of which are nothing but complaints.

You seriously need to sit down and zip it, because whining about it ain't gonna make Frankie come in here and post a video. All we have is Corvette right now, so that's all you're gonna get. You know if Waypoibt or Bungie puts up bids of another map, they will be posted.

Chill.

ignore list is your friend.

I'm going to have to agree to disagree about vehicles in Firefight. There really was only one vehicle map in ODST and I wasn't crazy about Lost Platoon.

Chasm Ten and Crater for the win. :)

Kibbles

Foxy Fox 39 said:
Part 2 of that Gamersyde vid the guy says Halo Reach's environments are now conducive to exploration! YAY. I was hoping for Halo CE like exploration. And Mancannons post makes it that much sweeter.
That guy is Mancannon. :p

electricpirate said:
I saw this on HBO and I just had to bring it over here (sorry if I steal your thunder Mr. Wu) apparently Forklift action, a Forklift trade magazine did an article on Forky. :lol

http://halo.bungie.org/images/forkliftaction_20100818.png[./img][/QUOTE]
This just in: Reach pre-orders have quadrupled since this article was released.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
-Yeti said:
Haha, that would have been pretty fun. At least we can push items around. Maybe your gametype could still work that way.

I am sure it still could but it would be so much better to be able to be down in that pit and watch the forklift actually drop shit on you. :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
Not a Jellyfish said:
I am sure it still could but it would be so much better to be able to be down in that pit and watch the forklift actually drop shit on you. :lol
Or what if you could lift enemies then dump them off a cliff :lol Forky would finally be useful!

Lothars

DancingJesus said:
I'm going to have to agree to disagree about vehicles in Firefight. There really was only one vehicle map in ODST and I wasn't crazy about Lost Platoon.

Yeah but I did think Firefight with Vehicles was a blast, I really enjoyed the vehicles and hope they have more firefight maps with vehicles. I do like maps without vehicles as well though.

Mik2121

DancingJesus said:

Really? I found Oni Building (the inside version) to be the best firefight map. Love close quarters for firefight. In Lost Platoon and other maps like that when the grenades skull shows up it's just a goddamn grenade shower that's so hard to prevent. I hate it :(

cazosozey

squidhands said:
Are you talking about the Beachhead game from E3? Meh, vehicle action isn't that great (but the Wraith spatter is funny).

well the wraith parts pretty boring, but the warthog action at the end is all right. And yeah the wraith splatter is the best part lol

MrBig

Game2Death said:
Annual achievement sometime today? Now or tonight? Looking to get Recon before Reach. :)

GT: Game2Death
I'll play if you need someone, I already have the achievement but its always fun GT: avp DRAGON

Not a Jellyfish said:

:lol Yeah that would be a lot better.

I'm still going to love Forky. Too bad it won't be on Forge World though. :(

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
-Yeti said:
:lol Yeah that would be a lot better.

I'm still going to love Forky. Too bad it won't be on Forge World though. :(

Waaat???? Nooooooo, there goes bumper forklifts/sumo wrestling gametype. :(

Pretty much my goal was to make whatever mini-games I can from mario party but they all will now require you to be in a forklift, my dreams have been crushed. :lol

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
MrBig said:
I'll play if you need someone, I already have the achievement but its always fun GT: avp DRAGON

Ah, I need both Annual and the firefight one, but ODST netcode hates my internet connection. I have 2 ODST achievements left and 3 Halo 3 achievements.

Any easy way to get the sword/shotgun spree achievements in Halo 3 for the new maps? Also the one for getting a perfection medal seems impossible. :|

Not a Jellyfish said:
Waaat???? Nooooooo, there goes bumper forklifts/sumo wrestling gametype. :(

Yeah, sorry for the bad news. I don't remember who said it, but I'm pretty sure it was confirmed not to be on Forge World.

It'll most likely be on some other maps though.

Roche

The forklift was obviously a marketing tactic to appeal to the literally hundreds of Forklift enthusiasts all over the world, a genius plan by Bungie.

MrBig

Deadly Cyclone said:
Ah, I need both Annual and the firefight one, but ODST netcode hates my internet connection. I have 2 ODST achievements left and 3 Halo 3 achievements.

Any easy way to get the sword/shotgun spree achievements in Halo 3 for the new maps? Also the one for getting a perfection medal seems impossible. :|
I needed all the mythic achievements last month and got them all on within an hour or two on the 7 on the 7th playlist
e: getting on h3 now for the annual run
Still no mic though

Also still need some of the firefight 200k achievements

MrBig said:
Deadly Cyclone said:

Well I am sitting in the lobby, I can most of today. When you guys want to? And hey if you need the ODST ones so do I.

Kapura

Banned
Roche178 said:
The forklift was obviously a marketing tactic to appeal to the literally hundreds of Forklift enthusiasts all over the world, a genius plan by Bungie.
Hundreds? It could easily be almost tens of hundreds.

Circle T

Game2Death said:
Well I am sitting in the lobby, I can most of today. When you guys want to? And hey if you need the ODST ones so do I.
I need Annual as well, but my router is not being very cooperative these days, so I'm hesitant to play with you guys. I don't want to drop out, causing everyone to have to start over. But, if you guys want to risk it, I'll play.

GT: SevenInchScrew

Circle T said:
I need Annual as well, but my router is not being very cooperative these days, so I'm hesitant to play with you guys. I don't want to drop out, causing everyone to have to start over. But, if you guys want to risk it, I'll play.

GT: SevenInchScrew
We can try. Invite sent.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
MrBig said:
I needed all the mythic achievements last month and got them all on within an hour or two on the 7 on the 7th playlist
e: getting on h3 now for the annual run
Still no mic though

Also still need some of the firefight 200k achievements

Wow., was it a team effort? How did you get a perfection? (That is 15 kills and no deaths?)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Game2Death said:
We can try. Invite sent.

Well, I have 2 hours or so, have to leave at 4 CST. If you guys need me I can jump in now, but no guarantee on my internet connection, as I said ODST is the only game I lag in.

big ander

Oozer3993 said:
I demand an army of dancing Martys.

Halsey Video Journals confirmed.
Why. Why would you even make me hope for that.
If it's that...I would have no words.
electricpirate said:
I saw this on HBO and I just had to bring it over here (sorry if I steal your thunder Mr. Wu) apparently Forklift action, a Forklift trade magazine did an article on Forky.
Forky's a gotdamn celebrity now. Congrats.
Kibbles said:
Like the missile pod reticule on that, and the rate of fire seems fair. EDIT: guy uses a laser on a pack of 3 grunts and misses all 3 :lol Something I thought only I could pull off.

Also, that map was the one from the Gamespot commercial. So that map isn't Countdown or Boardwalk (or Boarddown or Countwalk).

Top Bottom