• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

Aegus

So if ranks/levels are being consolidated into a single credit system, does this mean that there is no more ranked playlists? I spend most of my time in the social big team playlists (I come from PC multiplayer where 24+ players is common and I feel naked playing with any less than 16) and it'd be nice to get something to work towards even in that that sort of playlist.

Aegus said:
So if ranks/levels are being consolidated into a single credit system, does this mean that there is no more ranked playlists? I spend most of my time in the social big team playlists (I come from PC multiplayer where 24+ players is common and I feel naked playing with any less than 16) and it'd be nice to get something to work towards even in that that sort of playlist.
Arena will be the base of visible ranks, but trueskill will be operating in the background for matching in Big Team.

Wizman23

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
GameTrailers TV has a teaser up for this week's episode. They will supposedly show a campaign mission that hasn't been shown yet and they have an interview with Marty lined up as well. This excites Ram, right?

Well I won't be watching then. 4 of 10 levels have already been shown so this makes 5 of 10 which is more then Halo 3 was shown before launch at this point. I don't understand why Bungie just can't stick to 2 levels on previews. Its like they want the entire campaign spoiled.

Aegus said:
You'll be getting credits for playing in all playlists.

Blueblur1

I'll probably order a copy of Halo 1 PC and Halo 2 Vista today along with another HDD for my PC. I really want to fire those two up and see how they perform. :)

Teknoman said:
You'd think it would be on the Games for Windows database or something. I kinda want to reinstall the game just to check it out, but I forget whether it had widescreen resolution options or not.

Also it's not on any download services like games for windows?

EDIT: I might just solo my way through a few Reach campaign stages, then evenly mix in firefight and other MP modes along the way. With Halo 3, I ended up steamrolling through the campaign with 3 other players who werent really interested in the story...so most of the scenes were lost on me or talked through.
If I was in a chatty party who had no interest in halo I would bail out and go solo, I like to enjoy a story or plot the first time around not the repeats :(

Also instead of going Heroic from the start i'm grabbing my balls and going in the deep end with legendary first time, going out with a bang!

Gui_PT

It's supposed to be today, yes.

Btw, whoever doesn't want to use the Halo Pc cd key, I'll be glad to remove that awful burden from you =P

Who needs halp with achievables?

VVVVEdit: Do we have two more people interested?
Edit2:Just need one more

S1kkZ

wwm0nkey said:
Because Microsoft is dumb and didn't let Bloomkamp make one :(
nope. its because the studios bailed out. i love bloomkamp but after watching district 9 (which is one of the best scifi movies of all time for me), i think it was the right decision to fire him. i dont think he was the right guy to do a 200 million dollar scifi epic.

wwm0nkey

Littleberu said:
Universal. Universal is dumb.
From what Peter and Bloomkamp said it was Mostly Microsoft's fault I may be mistaken though

Still its weird though we where so close to getting a Halo movie and done by a now proven Sci-fi director, yet it was all taken away.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm glad that there's no cut off date for Halo PC, because I'm pretty sure I have the game but I can't even check that now since I won't be back at my place till the 25th...

Gonna watch that trailer when I get back in a few hours today, gotta be comfortable when I watch it... :D

Can't wait to see the Reach marketing campaign in full effect soon!

derFeef

wwm0nkey said:
From what Peter and Bloomkamp said it was Mostly Microsoft's fault I may be mistaken though

Still its weird though we where so close to getting a Halo movie and done by a now proven Sci-fi director, yet it was all taken away.
he is a proven CGI director, I am not sure he can handle an epic scifi movie.

Retro

wwm0nkey said:

Amazing. Almost gave me chills.

COMPLETELY UNRELATED: Since this is the de-facto Halo Reach thread now, has there been any word on promotions? I'm hoping 7-11 has Slurpee cups like the did with Halo 3, I still use those puppies. In fact, since there were only three, the girlfriend and I often fight over who gets to use the last clean one... so maybe Reach will even things out :lol

S1kkZ

Assembly Required said:
James Cameron, I presume?

I think Bloomkamp would of done "Halo" justice...
no, not cameron. i love the style of bloomkamp but maybe his vision for a halo film was to "radical" for ms. i think jon favreau (director of iron man) would be perfect.

derFeef

wwm0nkey said:
I really think he could do it, I just hope he makes a movie based off his short film Yellow.
All his short films are very good, I agree there.
Since we did not see Carter, are there more live action trailers coming?

wwm0nkey said:
Because Microsoft is dumb and didn't let Bloomkamp make one :(
Don't think it was MS, it seemed more Fox & Universal.

Anyway, nice work to all involved, quick watch at work, seems great.

derFeef said:
All his short films are very good, I agree there.
Since we did not see Carter, are there more live action trailers coming?
I think you see him doing the stab in the background.

neoism

wwm0nkey said:
20it548_th.jpg

Devin Olsen said:
Holyshit

I got goosebumps when he grabbed the bomb and then jet packed into the ship.

so so so so good
It narks me a bit because you can think "why the fuck didn't he do that in the first place" but there could be a lot of reasons why kat has the bomb before anyone else.

DSN2K

played Halo 3 online properly today for the first time in about a year, I was awful! gonna have to get some practice in before Reach if I dont wanna get embarrassed more! :lol

Top Bottom