• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

Chinner

Banned
clearly microsoft has NOT BEEN PAYING ENOUGH ATTENTION. IF THEY HAD PLAYED THE GAME THEY KNOW THAT THE JET PACKS CAN'T FLY THAT HIGH

Miggytronz

Zeouterlimits said:
Don't think it was MS, it seemed more Fox & Universal.

at the time Peter/neil were approached, Peter was still fighting for LOTR money/rights with New Line, and All the production companies wanted Rights, to which M$ said hell no, as well as Bungie and Peter. So it got put on the back burner and Neil went on with District 9.

Mik2121

Alienshogun said:
I wonder if that's actually a spoiler to how Kat dies.
Spartans don't die.

Also, she could have been just taken down there but still alive. And she didn't seem to have the robotic arm?

Cuban Legend said:
And now not as excited, while I'm holding off on watching until there is confirmation from Bungle on this... :(

It isn't about her death, it appears to be about the story behind how she loses her arm and what happened to the last noble six. They made a prequel for the prequel.

derFeef

Mik2121 said:
Yup. She has her normal arms there.
I am not sure it is intentional.

wwm0nkey said:
You know what since this is pre arm loss for Kat, is it safe to assume the bomb arming is the way N7 died?
Isn´t he the one they talk about in the reveal trailer (beginning of the game) ?

Mik2121 said:
Also, she could have been just taken down there but still alive. And she didn't seem to have the robotic arm?
I didn't look for it in the trailer, but the suit they build had it iirc, so I assume this does.
Alienshogun said:
That's all the further I got.

Spartan BJ Mmmmmmmmmm. :lol
Well, there is Maria, she was a Spartan who had kids (Halo Graphic Novel).

Chinner

Banned
Alienshogun said:
That's all the further I got.

Spartan BJ Mmmmmmmmmm. :lol

71728n.jpg

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mik2121 said:
Yup. She has her normal arms there.

He's saying he thinks it's on not on Reach, which it appears to be, also at about 1:16 while she is running if you look at her upper arm on the left side it looks robotic. It's hard to tell though.

Mik2121

derFeef said:
It better be. I believe all this stuff is from "where it all began", so it's probably, as someone said, what happened to the earlier Noble 6 before the current one (ie, the player) joins in and how Kat loses her arm.

Also I'm not sure it would be good to show one of the main members die on a trailer.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Mik2121 said:
It better be. I believe all this stuff is from "where it all began", so it's probably, as someone said, what happened to the earlier Noble 6 before the current one (ie, the player) joins in and how Kat loses her arm.

Also I'm not sure it would be good to show one of the main members die on a trailer.

From the beginning you know the end.

It's also clearly the planet Reach at the end. "Where it all began" is in reference to the Halo trilogy.

wwm0nkey said:
oh god what just happened in this thread

Spartan BJs, sloppy, noisy, messy, aggressive with slight teeth, spartan BJs.

I really liked the way the shields went on the Covenant ship, the tessellated mesh of it makes it seem much more uniform and precise than I had imagined.

derFeef said:

Yes, they spent some serious time building that suit, filming, and then editing this to go , "Ooops, we forgot she had a robotic arm."

I want to know how you guys think the Actor could possibly wear a what would look like a robotic arm unless she's missing that arm in real life?

Fuck this shit if it's a post-robotic arm spoiler... But if I'm wrong then it's all good.

derFeef

Cuban Legend said:
I want to know how you guys think the Actor could possibly wear a what would look like a robotic arm unless she's missing that arm in real life?

Fuck this shit if it's a post-robotic arm spoiler... But if I'm wrong then it's all good.
There is always CG :)

Mik2121 said:
You tell me:
Point taken, scruples silenced.

Miggytronz

Mik2121 said:
You tell me:

http://gruntsrus.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/halo-9306.jpg

[IMG]http://shadow.modacity.net/HaloReachShortPics/halo-9305.jpg

And from the trailer:

[IMG]http://imgur.com/bLvsP.jpg

I don't see robotic arms..

Ah, [URL="http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Reach/images/cutouts/e32010ff/full/Reach_E310_Kat.jpg"]this is the robotic arm.[/URL]

I might be wrong though, it just doesn't look like it's the robotic arm..[/QUOTE]

oh wow.

Mik2121

Cuban Legend said:

It can be done with CG, just like all the Elites and explosion and shit you see around.

I just got back from work, its 7 am here... Amazing trailer... i was watching in awe and once Noble 6 picked up the bomb and used the jet pack, i litterally said outloud "hohohohoholy shiiit!"

egpwlw.jpg

Molten armor, right arm, left side of picture.

Myth-busted.

EDIT: A look at the underarmor leading out of her upper shoulder leads me to believe there is separation of the arm from body

Hey guys, i was wondering if there was a list of Features that are in the game... Not the massively huge Firefight list, just a run down of everything for example: Campaign, Matchmaking in Campaign, Split-Screen Campaign, Forge, Firefight etc....

That was pretty fucking awesome, even on my iphone. Can't wait to watch this when I get home on the big screen.

I'm guessing that this is the pre-cursor to Kat losing her arm and the death of the guy you get to replace in the game. Can't wait to see more (I didn't seen Carter or that assassination pic that was leaked a few days ago. Did I just miss it on a tiny picture?).

VV Edit: Gotcha VV

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
squidhands said:
That was pretty fucking awesome, even on my iphone. Can't wait to watch this when I get home on the big screen.

I'm guessing that this is the pre-cursor to Kat losing her arm and the death of the guy you get to replace in the game. Can't wait to see more (I didn't seen Carter or that assassination pic that was leaked a few days ago. Did I just miss it on a tiny picture?).

It happens very fast, but Carter does assassinate the elite.

feel

Mik2121 said:
On Xbox? I used to play Halo 2 on XBox with my old gamertag (Mik2121) back when Halo 2 got released, but when I check that account on xbox.com it says he (me) has not played any game so I guess it would not count.

Well, I can't even access the goddamn account anymore so I'm stuck with this idiotic gamertag now (M1k2121............).
Just pay the 800 points to get it changed to something you like.

Blueblur1 said:
GameTrailers TV has a teaser up for this week's episode. They will supposedly show a campaign mission that hasn't been shown yet and they have an interview with Marty lined up as well. This excites Ram, right?
Want to see the marty interview, but not yet another campaign mission (wtf bungie, enough)... :/

wwm0nkey said:
:O :O :O

Now this was awesome.

Mik2121

squidhands said:

VV Edit: Gotcha VV
As he said, it happens. It's at around 0:22, but it's not lit like on that photo we saw. You actually see mostly the silhouette of the assassination because there's some fire on the background.

Letters said:
Just pay the 800 points to get it changed to something you like.
I know, but the only nickname I want is Mik2121, and it's already taken by my old and inactive account.. But yeah, M1k2121 just looks so lame...

GhaleonEB

Well done. I like that some of the vibrant Halo color scheme came through despite all the smoke and grit. It captured the art style from the game, which I wasn't expecting after the Landfall and ODST live action trailers. Another nice detail was the shield on the ship warping as it blew.

Nice job, Frankles.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Oh, as for the people who think this is "pre-robotic arm" and pre-Reach, It isn't look here.

"Deliver hope is a dramatic depiction of the sacrifice made by noble team on the battlefield."

That would seem to indicate that it is on Reach, especially since it's worded "the sacrifice" not A sacrifice."

Monocle

The trailer was worth the wait. It did occur to me that there could be spoilers, but I'll be surprised if the fate of one of Reach's central characters turns out to have been revealed so casually.

After four viewings I still can't tell if Kat's arm was meant to be robotic or not.

derFeef

Alienshogun said:
Oh, as for the people who think this is "pre-robotic arm" and pre-Reach, It isn't look here.

"Deliver hope is a dramatic depiction of the sacrifice made by noble team on the battlefield."

That would seem to indicate that it is on Reach.
Maybe pre-robotic arm and pre-noble 6? That Spartan on the ship goes MIA, no?

Mik2121

Alienshogun said:

That would seem to indicate that it is on Reach.
Uh.. she could have her arm when she was first fighting on Reach.

feel

Someone make a thread for that, it shits all over the Other M one (which was great too).

The arm thing was probably a budget/time decision, don't overthink it guys. And this is not actually from the game, so don't worry about spoilers and whatnot, have you guys forgot about the previous Halo advertising campaigns?

GhaleonEB

Monocle said:
The trailer was worth the wait. It did occur to me that there could be spoilers, but I'll be surprised if the fate of one of Reach's central characters turns out to have been revealed so casually.

After four viewings I still can't tell if Kat's arm was meant to be robotic or not.
Agree, it's just dramatized: Noble Team doing something heroic and critical during Reach's defense, dying in the process. I'm guessing that mission or series of events isn't in the game.
Letters said:
Someone make a thread for that, it shits all over the Other M one (which was great too).
Do it.

Wizman23

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
And now not as excited, while I'm holding off on watching until there is confirmation from Bungle on this... :(

Um everyone dies? Is this not COMMON Knowledge from the first vidoc and all 3 Halo games and countless books?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
GhaleonEB said:
I think it's probably just dramatized: Noble Team doing something heroic and critical during Reach's defense, dying in the process. I'm guessing that mission or series of events isn't in the game.

Yeah, hence "dramatic depiction." That's what I got out of it anyway.

Top Bottom