• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach & Bungie at GamesCom 2010

NeXuSDK

I just secured a spot to play Halo Reach at our local Microsoft department next thursday (September 2nd). After the campaign, I plan to do a fair bit of firefighting... any suggestions for really fun settings to try out? :D

FourDoor

NeXuSDK said:
I just secured a spot to play Halo Reach at our local Microsoft department next thursday (September 2nd). After the campaign, I plan to do a fair bit of firefighting... any suggestions for really fun settings to try out? :D

Build as tall a wall as you can make in Forge and then try to jump over it with vehicle mancannons. Several mancannons if necessary. :D

Man I can't wait to get my hands on Forge World.

GhaleonEB

NeXuSDK said:
All Grunts. Max enemy health, max shootiness, Catch, Cowbell, Mythic and Grunt Birthday Party turned on, Legendary difficulty. DRM and pistol starts.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Serious question for 343i folks: why not just bankroll your own Halo film/episodes and let a studio pick up the distribution rights (like Marvel)?

After the last few spots for the franchise, a feature would be pretty spectacular.

Chinner

Banned
EMBee99 said:
Serious question for 343i folks: why not just bankroll your own Halo film/episodes and let a studio pick up the distribution rights (like Marvel)?

After the last few spots for the franchise, a feature would be pretty spectacular.
yeah totally and they can use their own staff. frankie can be cortana!!!

Striker

Kimosabae said:
It's funny because I played the beta and loved the game, and enjoyed how it looked. I liked the muted tone of the colors that gave the game a more grounded visual flair. The final version I witnessed seemed to revert back to the highly colorized, plasticine look of H3 I never liked.

Anyway, I'm done. I'll let you guys return to your regularly scheduled cult gathering of consenting opinions.
You do not need permission, but the way you went about posting your insight was downright poor. You don't like the way the game looks? Fine, not going to argue because quite frankly, I know for a fact it's head and shoulders above Halo 3. Really no point in arguing with you or anybody about it. If that's how you feel, that's unfortunate.

So, is there going to be a GAF Reach gamertag? I'm sure there will but haven't seen any of you mention it yet. I might have just missed it.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- I think I just got the entire ending spoiled by reading one sentence of a youtube comment.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
SquallASF said:
So, is there going to be a GAF Reach gamertag? I'm sure there will but haven't seen any of you mention it yet. I might have just missed it.

There will probably have to be like 8 of them:lol

FlawlessCowboy said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU- I think I just got the entire ending spoiled by reading one sentence of a youtube comment.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Yeah me too. But IIRC Joe Tung spoiled the whlole game (said the same thing the youtubber said) in a gamespot interview giving away the end...I was like "WTF!"

Tashi

Domino Theory said:
There aren't more than 100 HaloGAFfers.
Yea but there were i think 3 beta tags. There are lurkers who will add the tag along with the casual halo players who don't post in the threads.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Tashi0106 said:
Yea but there were i think 3 beta tags. There are lurkers who will add the tag along with the casual halo players who don't post in the threads.

I don't understand why non-GAF lurkers are even added. It's a GAF gamertag, after all.

It should be GAFfers only. Just sayin'.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Domino Theory said:
I don't understand why non-GAF lurkers are even added. It's a GAF gamertag, after all.

It's a pain in the arse to moderate. How can you tell the difference between a lurker and a GAFer that doesn't post? What if you deny a GAFer who then posts and bitches about it?

I was going to run the Reach HaloGAF GT but after running the Beta tag, I found the experience dull, unrewarding, hardly used and not worth the effort.

DrBo42

Dani said:
It's a pain in the arse to moderate. How can you tell the difference between a lurker and a GAFer that doesn't post? What if you deny a GAFer who then posts and bitches about it?

I was going to run the Reach HaloGAF GT but after running the Beta tag, I found the experience dull, unrewarding, hardly used and not worth the effort.

Dani
Dirty tag dodger
(Today, 12:23 PM)

Oh, you don't say? :lol

NH Apache

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
I know that at the launch of Halo 3, we had at least three. And, I think they are full.

NeXuSDK

GhaleonEB said:
All Grunts. Max enemy health, max shootiness, Catch, Cowbell, Mythic and Grunt Birthday Party turned on, Legendary difficulty. DRM and pistol starts.

Yes of course! It shall be the greatest of grunt birthdays ever...

Kimosabae

Banned
One thing I'm definitely glad seems to be gone is the ghosting, and the anti-aliasing seemed REALLY good, which has been a problem in the past for this series. Every time I witnessed the game it was in split-screen (to be fair in regards to previous posts), which made it more impressive.

I am SUPER LTTP, but I'm moving into a house, what d you expect.

That trailer was amazing. Completely didn't expect it, and could hardly contain my excitement. I felt like the Double Rainbow guy (I probably sounded like him too).

Tashi

Domino Theory said:

I have no problem with it, I'm not even on any of those tags and probably won't be for Reach anyway. Mainly because the people I play with most are already on my list.

Sean P.

Kimosabae said:
One thing I'm definitely glad seems to be gone is the ghosting, and the anti-aliasing seemed REALLY good, which has been a problem in the past for this series. Every time I witnessed the game it was in split-screen (to be fair in regards to previous posts), which made it more impressive.

Split screen also means that the game is being optimized to run two screens, won't look as good as a single person playing

You know what's sad? After figuring out what my bills will come up to by the end of the month, I don't think I'll be able to afford Reach for a while. :( :( :(

I hope that somehow an extra $60 would appear in my wallet before the 14th.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
-Yeti said:
You know what's sad? After figuring out what my bills will come up to by the end of the month, I don't think I'll be able to afford Reach for a while. :( :( :(

Sell blood and semen.

Not mixed together though.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
-Yeti said:
Oh snap, forgot about that. I could donate Plasma and get like $40 a week for doing it. I guess that's the plan!

I was about to suggest this. :lol Used to do it in Orlando all the time, some places give a ridiculous amount but you have be up there almost an hour or two before they open if you live in a decent sized city.

GhaleonEB

Dax01 said:
Just got finished watching the trailer for eighth or ninth time. Man. This game is only almost two weeks away!
It occurred to me just now that at this time next week. I'll be in Seattle having already picked up a couple of GAFers from the airport. My how time flies, PAX was like this abstract concept a few weeks ago.

Not a Jellyfish said:
I was about to suggest this. :lol Used to do it in Orlando all the time, some places give a ridiculous amount but you have be up there almost an hour or two before they open if you live in a decent sized city.

Yeah, the wait can be ridiculous sometimes. I've done it like 4 times before, and one of the times I waited for about 3 hours, then the donation took an extra hour. It'll be worth it though.

In other news, I just bumped up my internet speed from 1 Mbps to 7. :D Pretty stoked to test it out with Reach.

I wish it could be a little more though, but oh well.

-Yeti said:

Sell all of your other games. You won't need them any more.

Gui_PT

So I start a custom match to play with a friend -which I haven't for months- and everyone from gaf just randomly joins! :lol :lol

Teknoman

Dani said:

Another thing is that alot of GAF will pile on a bandwagon, only to fall off later*
So sometimes its good to have a few extra non-gafers that are still good people to play with. Speaking of which, hope i'm good for weekend customs in Halo 3. I always seem to be busy or end up missing the time.

*Those on the XBLA Castlevania tag, i've just been busy. And no one ever invites me to a SSFIV online match room :(

NullPointer said:
Sell all of your other games. You won't need them any more.

I was thinking about that, but I always regret it when I sell my games. I know that Reach will consume most of my time for a couple years, but I may want to play them sometime down the road.

Falt

-Yeti said:

I'm in the same boat.

I canceled my pre-order just last week. I'm headed to Berlin the week before the 14th, and if that wasn't already killing my wallet I'm back on the 13th which is also the day our rent is due. Win/Win, right?

Luckily:)lol), pay day is the 18th.

Max said:
Live action trailer gives me the chills. Every time.

Yeah.

Which is good, given how hot has been here for the past two days xD

The story about Tom-293 is great, it gives to the first part of the ad a sense of war-documentary, or something like this.

Which again is what Bungie was aiming at, as said in the first Vidoc.

Two more weeks. Three updates to go.

Top Bottom