• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach Campaign Trailer

Gui_PT

Hydranockz said:
I had 22 fucking flag grabs :p It was only a matter of time :lol Fucking epic match though.

You can find a hole and bury yourself with that sniper whenever you want gui :lol

I have NO idea how I was doing that with the sniper, but it was awesome :lol

It was great waking up to all these news, thanks a lot for the campaign spoiler guys. Gaf is kind <3
Those MP maps are looking awesome, can't wait to get my hands on them

Wizman23

Banned
EazyB said:
IGN says the Falcon seats 5 people. That's about as close to a pelican drop as we're going to get. Going to lead to a lot of easy killtaculars and a few awesome assaults.

u mad? Urk said long ago that significant content would be released and there are no rules I'm saying "fuck you" to. It's an awesome screenshot that was not part of some leak but instead officially released media. Ghaleon posted that first person shot from the falcon in campaign so I thought I was definitely good to go.

Good point. Anyone that has been following Reach for the past year should know about that giant ass creature from the Morello leak. This is now confirmation that everything he said back in November last year was 100% true.

Blueblur1

NOKYARD said:
I like to experience games with fresh eyes and would be happy if Bungie announced Reach on Sept 13 for a Sept 14 release. They had my sale for this game since the summer of 2001. :D

This is too much for me (the spoilers) so i am going to go as dark as i can. I will pop in as the BWU threads go up but will dart out the second i see a spoiler tag (i find them hard to resist). Besides, i have to focus on getting High Speed Halo.net ready for Reach and HaloGAF can easily suck an hour out of my day.

work in progress…
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4121/4794960767_2909f4d81d_b.jpg[IMG][/URL]

See you in customs.[/QUOTE]
That looks awesome, Nokyard!

And the new media is fantastic. Great stuff to wake up to. :D

Wizman23 said:
Good point. Anyone that has been following Reach for the past year should know about that giant ass creature from the Morello leak. This is now confirmation that everything he said back in November last year was 100% true.
Not everyone read the Morello link as I believe a lot of it was spoilered. Everyone hasn't been following Reach from day 1.

Wizman23

Banned
Hydranockz said:
Not everyone read the Morello link as I believe a lot of it was spoilered. Everyone hasn't been following Reach from day 1.

Go to the other thread then. 99.9% of Halo Gaf knew about the Morello stuff

Tashi0106 said:
Is it me or does Zealot, the Midship remake where "The layout of Midship remains largely unchanged here."(IGN Article) looks absolutely nothing like Midship? I'm down for new maps and if it's good, awesome! However, don't tease me like that by saying it's related to Midship in anyway. :lol
Well, it is purple. I guess that's what they meant by "remake". Doesn't look anything like it to me, either.

Shake Appeal said:
One of the assassinations in that IGN MP video is vicious.
The head stab? Yeah, that one was awesome. Couldn't really get a good look at it in the Rooster Teeth reveal from a couple of weeks ago.

and thanks for the imageblock mention. I had a squinty look at the campaign shot that EazyB posted, but was able to overlook it for the most part.

Mik2121

Holy FUCKING hell. I can't believe this bullshit. Is people on LIVE fucking retarded or what the fuck? Seriously, god damn...
I've played just two Team Slayer games and in one everybody is fucking around with their mics making an awful lot of noise, shooting each other and just being a jerk.
Next game, this retard keeps jumping and moving his camera around, without moving from his starting place, the whole game and getting killed by the enemy every single time. It didn't help that another one of the teammates sucked donkey balls. So yeah, we lost.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people? Why would you join a ranked playlist if all you're going to do is jump in place and move the camera around, without even trying to kill anyone? God damn...

I've seen many idiots in PSN playing MW2 and many other games during the last two years, but nothing nearly the amount retards I've seen playing Halo online in this week.

/rant

Can't wait for Reach to come and just play with gaffers.

That's Halo for ya. Derankers like getting killed and asshats like to be, well... asshats. :lol

Btw:
1. Press and hold Back button
2. Scroll up/down player list with d-pad
3. Hit A
4. Select Mute Player
5. Profit

I felt like I was god when i found this out. Also you can mute people while in the pregame lobby the same way:
1. Highlight player name
2. Hit A
3. Select Mute Player
4. Dong on like a Boss with no audio distractions

Mik2121

Cuban Legend said:
That's Halo for ya. Derankers like getting killed and asshats like to be, well... asshats. :lol

Btw:
1. Press and hold Back button
2. Scroll up/down player list with d-pad
3. Hit A
4. Select Mute Player
5. Profit

I felt like I was god when i found this out. Also you can mute people while in the pregame lobby the same way:
1. Highlight player name
2. Hit A
3. Select Mute Player
4. Dong on like a Boss with no audio distractions
Yeah. I knew about muting in the pregame lobby, but during the game when I press back and hold it, I can't see what player am I selecting, so whatever...

Anyway, just finished another game and it was like a mix of all the shit people you have online. One of them would smack talk all the time and he teamkilled some other guy and me. I had the option to kick him, so I kicked him right away. Then a second guy leaves the game and we are 2 vs 3 (one of the other team members left too... uh). Then my other teammate (which sucked horribly) decided to leave with a minute of game left. We didn't win, but if only one of my teammates could have even tried playing the game, we would have won for sure. Way too annoying :/

ManCannon

Oh journalists.. "Zealot" has nothing to do with Midship beyond a similar Covenant ship backdrop. It's not a remake in the slightest.

Mik2121 said:
Holy FUCKING hell. I can't believe this bullshit. Is people on LIVE fucking retarded or what the fuck? Seriously, god damn...
I've played just two Team Slayer games and in one everybody is fucking around with their mics making an awful lot of noise, shooting each other and just being a jerk.
Next game, this retard keeps jumping and moving his camera around, without moving from his starting place, the whole game and getting killed by the enemy every single time. It didn't help that another one of the teammates sucked donkey balls. So yeah, we lost.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with people? Why would you join a ranked playlist if all you're going to do is jump in place and move the camera around, without even trying to kill anyone? God damn...

I've seen many idiots in PSN playing MW2 and many other games during the last two years, but nothing nearly the amount retards I've seen playing Halo online in this week.

/rant

Can't wait for Reach to come and just play with gaffers.

Lol was his gamertag I JUMP ALL GAME or something? I came across several of those dudes while hitting my 50s in SWAT. Walk into them and then jump off the map and you can boot them. Might not win but it'll help your chances.

Mik2121

xxjuicesxx said:
Lol was his gamertag I JUMP ALL GAME or something? I came across several of those dudes while hitting my 50s in SWAT. Walk into them and then jump off the map and you can boot them. Might not win but it'll help your chances.
His GT was "HIII ALLLL" or something like that. I'll try what u said, thanks :p

Cuban Legend said:

As much as I have always like the level system for rank in Halo, deranking has been a very annoying problem. I won't be missing it in Reach.

ManCannon said:
Oh journalists.. "Zealot" has nothing to do with Midship beyond a similar Covenant ship backdrop. It's not a remake in the slightest.
IGN is an insult to genuine gaming journalists. It's unbelievable how much misinformation they have and vomit up.

Speaking of good journalism, where is EDGE magazine during all this? They had an excellent article or two way back when, but now not a peep. whatupwitdat?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
squidhands said:
IGN is an insult to genuine gaming journalists. It's unbelievable how much misinformation they have and vomit up.

Speaking of good journalism, where is EDGE magazine during all this? They had an excellent article or two way back when, but now not a peep. whatupwitdat?

How about...Wired? Remember their Halo 3 cover? One of my favorites.

1253929848_b26a2b74cb.jpg

The new campaign screen shots look amazing... I am really looking forward to finally getting this game home and immerse myself in the campaign experience.

Hopefully it doesn't get leaked again... hard to believe that Halo 2 had already leaked at this point (1+ month prior to launch)

GhaleonEB said:
So do people want a new thread to talk about the campaign stuff openly without anyone getting mad, or keep it in here?
If we are keeping the Campaign stuff, can we please use the tags so that those keenly trying to follow the MP side of things don't get major spoilers thrown their way?

Plus, it would be odd to have a new campaign thead if this is the one whre other talk would be had. ie MP talk in the Official Campaign Trailer thread.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Someone should just check with the mods to see if we (Ghaleon) can post the OT for the game, its a month out but this game is big enough and we have had like 3 threads a week.

In there we can talk about both campaign and multi, but keep campaign tagged.

GhaleonEB

Hydranockz said:
If we are keeping the Campaign stuff, can we please use the tags so that those keenly trying to follow the MP side of things don't get major spoilers thrown their way?

Plus, it would be odd to have a new campaign thead if this is the one whre other talk would be had. ie MP talk in the Official Campaign Trailer thread.
Okay, I understand, but I think I'm going to stay out of it. I was thinking a thread to discuss stuff openly and this thread can fill up with spoiler tags. The problem is I don't consider any of that stuff spoilers and some people will consider all of it spoilers. Someone mentioned earlier that MP maps are taken from campaign, so they're a spoiler. I don't know where to draw the line - are we spoiler tagging all MP, FF and Campaign related stuff now until launch?

My take is, I think officially released information and screens are by definition not a spoiler, and if people don't want to be spoiled they shouldn't be in a thread where that content is being discussed.

GhaleonEB said:
Okay, I understand, but I think I'm going to stay out of it. I was thinking a thread to discuss stuff openly and this thread can fill up with spoiler tags. The problem is I don't consider any of that stuff spoilers and some people will consider all of it spoilers. Someone mentioned earlier that MP maps are taken from campaign, so they're a spoiler. I don't know where to draw the line - are we spoiler tagging all MP, FF and Campaign related stuff now until launch?

My take is, I think officially released information and screens are by definition not a spoiler, and if people don't want to be spoiled they shouldn't be in a thread where that content is being discussed.
Exactly. You take your campaign experience in your own hands by coming here and posting/browsing now. It's simple enough to scroll by a pic you don't want to see or engage an image blocker.

Besides, urk put it quite plainly in the BWU a couple of weeks ago:

"If you want to go into the Halo: Reach campaign as pristine as possible, now is the time to go dark. Seriously. Stop reading the internet, turn your television off, and for the love of God, whatever you do, don't answer the phone. You've been warned.

There's a storm coming."

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
squidhands said:
Besides, urk put it quite plainly in the BWU a couple of weeks ago:

"If you want to go into the Halo: Reach campaign as pristine as possible, now is the time to go dark. Seriously. Stop reading the internet, turn your television off, and for the love of God, whatever you do, don't answer the phone. You've been warned.

There's a storm coming."

My mom is going to spoil Reach? Noooooooooooooooooooooo. :lol (Urk = awesome)

Gui_PT

A new thread is fine as long as this one is used for general halo discussion.

People who don't want to be spoiled with campaign stuff will be left out of halogaf if there's only one thread going on.

Schmitty

Seriously, the graphics got a noticeable bump since the beta. I love it.

All that is on my mind is REACH REACH REACH

Gah, I hated night vision in ODST. Everything was so dark that I had to use it, and with it on I didn't get to enjoy the beauty of the environments - it just reduced everything to dark blue with candy-color stencil cutouts. Disappointed to see it in Reach.

Mik2121 said:
Yeah. I knew about muting in the pregame lobby, but during the game when I press back and hold it, I can't see what player am I selecting, so whatever...

Anyway, just finished another game and it was like a mix of all the shit people you have online. One of them would smack talk all the time and he teamkilled some other guy and me. I had the option to kick him, so I kicked him right away. Then a second guy leaves the game and we are 2 vs 3 (one of the other team members left too... uh). Then my other teammate (which sucked horribly) decided to leave with a minute of game left. We didn't win, but if only one of my teammates could have even tried playing the game, we would have won for sure. Way too annoying :/

Look carefully when you press the back button ingame. There should bea thin white outline around the selected players Gamertag.

Are you on a 4:3 SDTV, or an HDTV running at 480p? On my 1080p Display I can just barely see it, it's very thin and I used to miss it before I got my HD Display, it's how i never found out about it before. :lol

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Genesis Knight said:
Gah, I hated night vision in ODST. Everything was so dark that I had to use it, and with it on I didn't get to enjoy the beauty of the environments - it just reduced everything to dark blue with candy-color stencil cutouts. Disappointed to see it in Reach.

I actually liked it in ODST, don't know why but it just looked awesome to me. :lol

JaggedSac

ManCannon said:

I was wondering what they were talking about in that video. It only appeared similar in aesthetics.

GhaleonEB

electricpirate said:
IGN multiplayer map description (which they totally fuck up, zealot isn't midship)
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1107261p1.html

IGN Singleplayer preview
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/110/1109806p1.html

Gamespot Single player preview
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/act...l?sid=6272215&mode=previews&tag=topslot;img;1

Campaign screens, MP videos
I didn't notice until a few minutes ago just how much media was out. IGN has over 70 new screens, between MP and Campaign. So much to take in. One thing that stands out is how varied the encounters and missions are, something Gamespot mentioned in their preview. Every mission looks very distinctive from a visual and gameplay standpoint.

Lazslo

I think for this Halo game I'm going to not worrie about getting my fun spoiled, I'll be here to the bitter end. It only takes one asshole in matchmaking to yell out the storyline/ending so it's not worth all the effort to stay clear of spoilers while surfing the web. I really enjoy this part of PR cycle, when Bungie trickles out info ever so gently. Is there going to be a new thread for all this new Info? I'll help someone gather all the info for people who don't care about 'spoilers' (they aren't really spoilers just mp maps and pictures of weird monsters to me)

Falagard

GhaleonEB said:
I didn't notice until a few minutes ago just how much media was out. IGN has over 70 new screens, between MP and Campaign. So much to take in. One thing that stands out is how varied the encounters and missions are, something Gamespot mentioned in their preview. Every mission looks very distinctive from a visual and gameplay standpoint.

*edit for minor spoilers*

Game looks amazing. Has nobody pointed out the
new vehicle
?

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/110/1109806/halo-reach-20100803093026357_640w.jpg

That's not the
truck
we've seen already is it?

*edit*

Somebody else already linked to this image so yeah, it's been pointed out:

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/110/1109806/halo-reach-20100803092828047.jpg

GhaleonEB

Top Bottom