• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo Reach |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

Spent all day goofing around in Forge. Will finish up my first test tomorrow, grab some screens and make a link available to my map.

On that note, is there a Forge-specific thread, or how is HaloGAF keeping track of GAFfer Maps?

Muffdraul

Finally got around to taking out my LE Noble monument and putting it together. Q to anyone else who has one- Does your Kat have a pistol in her hand? It isn't mentioned in the assembly instructions, and there was none included in the plastic baggie that contained everyone else's weapons. But she's holding one in the photo shown on the instructions. My Kat just has an empty hand.

Kapura

Banned
so recently upgraded to a slim, but my gamestop didn't haave the 250 gb model. They offered to sell me the hdd extra, and I foolishly turned it down. Now I can't theatre or Co-op. Weak. Was gonna get pics of the map I'm working on but I can't until I get the hdd.

Arnie

Shake Appeal said:
Don't touch Armor Lock, it's perfect. My buddy and I are griefing games of Arena with it right now. DPM is high.
I understand why It's fun, and believe me, when DMR slayer gets chosen in Arena me and my friends all choose it, I'm just questioning it's existence in a competitive environment. Personally I would like it removed altogether from Arena as it cheapens the actual "skill" needed to execute a kill.

More importantly though Bungie really needs to address the assist problem as at the moment they are completely and utterly broken.

Trasher

AwesomeSyrup said:
Why do people care about assists? This isn't basketball. :lol

b87guo.jpg

Holy crap, this game is sooooo much harder than Halo 3. I have to put 3-4 skulls on before Legendary is a challenge (outside of the trouble spots like the Brute Pack in Crow's Nest) in H3, but I have to fight just to survive in Reach.

On Heroic.

Jesus :lol

zumphry

Banned
Gui, when we do our Co-Op run this weekend (the whole game, or what?), you wanna do the
Tribute Room? Or basically do all of the easter eggs found so far, and help search for any in New Alexandria?

Teknoman

NameGenerated said:
I hate that crap, but as long as the announcer shuts the hell up I'm kind of ok. It's still lame though.

Yeah I really hope flag tossing gets patched or something with Reach. It was annoying in Halo 3 especially with the announcer, but it kinda ruins the whole idea/tension of running with the flag imo.

I don't think some people know what Booting for a Betrayal means. Don't boot me because you were the one who jumped out and stood next to an elite in firefight. It's not my fault you got blasted by a fucking grenade you twit.

Boot people because of the usual team killing bullshit that we use to experience in Halo and other FPSs. You know, when you'd first spawn and some fucker thought it was fun to shoot the guy infront of him. Fuck.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Are there maps in the solo campaign? Any way for me to tell where I'm supposed to go?

MMaRsu

Banned
DoctorWho said:
I don't think some people know what Booting for a Betrayal means. Don't boot me because you were the one who jumped out and stood next to an elite in firefight. It's not my fault you got blasted by a fucking grenade you twit.

Boot people because of the usual team killing bullshit that we use to experience in Halo and other FPSs. You know, when you'd first spawn and some fucker thought it was fun to shoot the guy infront of him. Fuck.

Too many idiots playing right now man..just cause it's the new hot thing.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I'm about halfway done through the campaign so far and from what I've seen I can already declare it far superior to Halo 2 and 3. I'm hesitant to say it's better than Combat Evolved only because of how much of an impact it had and all the time I spent with it.

But man oh man, Reach is gorgeous. The levels feel huge and filled with detail. I love just staring at the sky of each level and taking in the atmosphere.

So effin' good. Bungie, you bastards. You did it, you fucking did it.

Teknoman

Cerrius said:
I'm about halfway done through the campaign so far and from what I've seen I can already declare it far superior to Halo 2 and 3. I'm hesitant to say it's better than Combat Evolved only because of how much of an impact it had and all the time I spent with it.

But man oh man, Reach is gorgeous. The levels feel huge and filled with detail. I love just staring at the sky of each level and taking in the atmosphere.

So effin' good. Bungie, you bastards, you did it, you fucking did it.

Agreed. The strange motion blur stuff takes a little getting used to though. Campaign battles are intense though, and every fight feels nicely paced. Was surprised to see an Elite use armor lock...and i'm also glad the aliens ACTUALLY sound like aliens now.

second multiplayer game and my entire team drops out leaving me against 6 enemies :lol

at least it got awesome at the end when I rolled up in a tank and took them by surprise

Dan Yo

Banned
Though they said they were fixing the ghosting of weapons. Not only do they still ghost, but even your legs ghost when you look down at them. It's strange. Is this supposed to be deliberate?

Scarecrow

Just got done. Most of Reach was pretty awesome. Spoilers, I guess:

The progressive deaths of Noble team were how I expected the ODST crew to die out. I especially :0 at Kat's death.

I saw "Never Surrender" copyright info during the credits. Where does that appear in the game?

I can't believe they ended this one with an enemy gauntlet, too. That shit was weak in ODST, let alone in this.

I found a diary do-hicky in the last level. Are these spread out over the game?

Fighting a dance quartet of Hunters in a night club was probably my highlight of the game.

I still hold that the space section was dumb. The T&R style part after it was a blast.

What's a "Moa" that I have to kill 7 of?

Thank you for no Flood. No thank you for more Brutes.

Music was awesome.

It's been said before, but doesn't get said enough:

This game is ****ing STUNNING to look at.

Also said before but not repeated enough:

Slayer Pro is the most boring, simplistic, repetitive mode in the game and should be banished to the same playlist as SWAT and Snipers.

Alienshogun said:
wow this sprint melee DMR or sprint double melee crap is going to get old really fast.

Only a problem in Slayer Pro, SWAT and Snipers. In every other mode, you have the option to counter those idiots with an armor lock. Time it, drop it, kill their shields give them a nice '**** you' with a melee right back.

Or you could just Jetpack to evade upwards, or hologram to distract them, or stealth to try and escape them.

Not in Slayer Pro though.

MMaRsu said:
Too many idiots playing right now man..just cause it's the new hot thing.

During the few matches I got to play earlier in Team Slayer I kept seeing people dropping their pistols for rifles then pulling out their AR and rushing in. It made me :(

Kibbles

CTF games aren't as fun without flag tossing. It was fun just getting the rush of just making it because you flag rush away from people.

Kibbles

Scarecrow said:
Just got done. Most of Reach was pretty awesome. Spoilers, I guess:

I saw "Never Surrender" copyright info during the credits. Where does that appear in the game?
This was on the Halo 2 soundtrack :) It plays if you do the night club easter egg as shown over at RoosterTeeth's AchievementHunter.

MMaRsu said:
Probably above 750k
Oh yeah, I saw 800,000+ online on tuesday.

dslgunstar said:
It's been said before, but doesn't get said enough:

This game is ****ing STUNNING to look at.

Also said before but not repeated enough:

Slayer Pro is the most boring, simplistic, repetitive mode in the game and should be banished to the same playlist as SWAT and Snipers.

Only a problem in Slayer Pro, SWAT and Snipers. In every other mode, you have the option to counter those idiots with an armor lock. Time it, drop it, kill their shields give them a nice '**** you' with a melee right back.

Or you could just Jetpack to evade upwards, or hologram to distract them, or stealth to try and escape them.

There should probably be a straight Team Slayer playlist, and a 'hardcore' or 'pro' playlist (just a name - I don't actually mean its for pro's) so that people who enjoy snipers/swat etc can enjoy it. It's a little irritating getting into a good lobby with excellent ping/lag and people constantly choosing snipers/swat. I thoroughly enjoy them, but I don't want sprint to be my only AA every game.

MrBig

Linkzg said:
Is there a glitch or some other reason that the "This is how we do it" challenge isn't 9/9? I finished the game and it is stuck at 8/9
Yes there is, I finished the challenge the first day and then when I woke up the next day it said I had only done 3 missions and revoked the cR.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Hey guys, I am finally playing he game tonight. If there is a secret mission or secret ending, what do I need to do in order to get them?

Sai-kun

Banned
godhandiscen said:
Hey guys, I am finally playing he game tonight. If there is a secret mission or secret ending, what do I need to do in order to get them?

Just don't skip the credits.

This is the last one (for now) I swear :D But it was too awesome to pass up. Thanks to McChiken116 for the idea!

find-scorpion-drive-forklift-1.jpg

Sai

Campaign was amazing. Bittersweet for many reasons, as expected.

Jun never got a confirmed death. Maybe that's something 343 take advantage of at a later time. Kelly's death was so... Underwhelming compared to the others. Sacrificing themselves for the greater good and all that, while she gets a surprise headshot from a Needle Rifle because she was being careless about her suit's shields?
Bah!

Heroic was actually kind of kicking me around the place. Don't know if my skills have dulled, or the Heroic AI's just gotten that much better, but whatever the case... I'm hesitant to take on Legendary now. :lol

dslgunstar said:

I haven't really had a problem with this, are they sneaking behind you then sprinting from behind a corner or something?

Deadly

Why does one person always have to quit during Firefight? I don't think I've actually played a game with all 4 players until the end.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
I must be the only one on the planet that thinks Reachs Multiplayer sucks.

You think getting kills in MW2 was cheap and easy.. HALO is Jump and Toss grenades and super snipers who hit you behind walls while running.

Honestly I love the single player and the Firefight however the competitive side sucks for me..

Maybe its CALL of duty that ruined me but HALO is way to slow. Every class should be able to run for christ sakes.

Alot of the game modes are just BORING and drawn out. I wanted to like the multiplayer heard good things but Im not into it.

Wonder if I am the only one that feels this way..

voltron

So is there one of those
data pads
on every level? And I know theres no achievement but do you get anything for finding them?

I only found one and it was right at the start of the game. First level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom