Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

The Librarian

Banned
Apr 22, 2008
44,148
0
0
27
GhaleonEB said:
I haven't seen one. Go for it, I want to see some large-scale meltdowns about a Firefight map included.
Okay. And that's what I was looking forward to the most too in a thread about it. :p
 
Aug 7, 2010
2,443
0
0
Dax01 said:
Okay. And that's what I was looking forward to the most too in a thread about it. :p
Yeah, it's gonna be sweet! If only this week was our Community Spotlight week. We did a lot to make ourselves look bad during the actual spotlight week, but we could've done so much more, NeoGAF, SO MUCH MORE!!!

/endDavidTennant

Kuroyume said:
It's 2 maps. That's it.

One of them is stuck in Firefight. Only one playlist. You can't play it anywhere else. You can't forge it. What's the point?

This is just ridiculous.
Save it for Dax's thread. You don't want to burn yourself out too soon!
 

Kuroyume

Banned
Jun 7, 2004
19,725
0
0
34
It's 2 maps. That's it.

One of them is stuck in Firefight. Only one playlist. You can't play it anywhere else. You can't forge it. What's the point?

This is just ridiculous.

I also don't see what's so special about the art. One looks like some Forgeworld/Tempest clone and the other is basically Spire/Powerhouse meets Boneyard. It's been done already. Do a new setting. Of course this is all based on those small pics so maybe there's more to see there but I don't see what's so special based on those pics.
 

Sai-kun

Banned
Sep 16, 2007
22,510
0
0
Chicago, IL
Kuroyume said:
It's 2 maps. That's it.

One of them is stuck in Firefight. Only one playlist. You can't play it anywhere else. You can't forge it. What's the point?

This is just ridiculous.

I also don't see what's so special about the art. One looks like some Forgeworld/Tempest clone and the other is basically Spire/Powerhouse meets Boneyard. It's been done already. Do a new setting. Of course this is all based on those small pics so maybe there's more to see there but I don't see what's so special based on those pics.
Did you miss the one that takes place in the Savannah? In outer space? With Reach burning in the background?
 

GhaleonEB

Member
Jun 7, 2004
77,909
2
1,490
Oregon
Like hell it's two maps. The one type of Firefight map missing is a larger scale vehicle map, and this pack seems to be filling it. Firefight was in better shape than MP at launch by a big margin, so it's fitting that 5/6 DLC maps go to MP. But it's silly to begrudge Firefight players one paltry map to diversify the lineup. I could make the same argument about any smaller map not filling my BTB needs, but that would be...silly.
 

Striker

Member
Dec 26, 2006
32,007
0
1,035
www.bigblueinteractive.com
Kind of disappointing it's just two maps. Will await more information on them, however. I hope Highlands is an actual BTB map instead of an Invasion map used for BTB - frustrating enough playing BTB on Spire and Boneyard when the weapon and vehicle locales are rather poorly placed. There are no true based BTB maps on the disc that aren't custom made from Forge World. That's sending something to the woodshed...

Only way its somehow forgiven is if the FF map is vehicular based. Otherwise, meh.

I agree with vhfive.
 

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Oct 23, 2009
20,158
0
0
Illinois
www.youtube.com
squidhands said:
Hey, at least you didn't bring up Armor L...

goddammit

Eh, it's my only MAJOR gripe about Reach, but it makes the game too infuriating to even bother with anymore.

GhaleonEB said:
Like hell it's two maps. The one type of Firefight map missing is a larger scale vehicle map, and this pack seems to be filling it. Firefight was in better shape than MP at launch by a big margin, so it's fitting that 5/6 DLC maps go to MP. But it's silly to begrudge Firefight players one paltry map to diversify the lineup. I could make the same argument about any smaller map not filling my BTB needs, but that would be...silly.

To be fair, the last one should have included a Firefight map, and this one should too.

For most people it's effectively only 2 maps.

2 new MP maps is just BS.
 

Ramirez

Member
Jun 7, 2004
34,254
0
1,310
I'm sorry, but two MP maps and another map wasted to vast majority of the player base just makes no sense to me. I wouldn't buy them anyways with as little as I play this game...
 

WJD

Member
Mar 8, 2009
12,090
0
0
Eh, 3 MP and 1 Firefight would have been better but I'll still buy the pack I guess.

At least they look pretty.
 
Oct 4, 2007
2,885
0
760
the1constant.mlblogs.com
Bungie's new IP to be revealed later this week?

"a new property from Bungie and an innovative new universe with broad appeal that will be revealed at Toy Fair later this week and will bring the world of toys, video games and the Internet together in an unprecedented way."

The link to the page reporting this has been taken down.
 

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Jun 16, 2008
26,370
0
0
WA
www.HaloWaypoint.com
Amazin86er said:
Bungie's new IP to be revealed later this week?

"a new property from Bungie and an innovative new universe with broad appeal that will be revealed at Toy Fair later this week and will bring the world of toys, video games and the Internet together in an unprecedented way."

The link to the page reporting this has been taken down.
New news, new threads. Do it. Seems kind of fishy if you ask me.

nevermind, someone already did...http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421289
 

MrBig

Member
Apr 2, 2009
9,231
0
0
California
Amazin86er said:
Bungie's new IP to be revealed later this week?

"a new property from Bungie and an innovative new universe with broad appeal that will be revealed at Toy Fair later this week and will bring the world of toys, video games and the Internet together in an unprecedented way."

The link to the page reporting this has been taken down.
Well it sounds liek they're not making 'just another game.' Good.
 

GhaleonEB

Member
Jun 7, 2004
77,909
2
1,490
Oregon
Amazin86er said:
Bungie's new IP to be revealed later this week?

"a new property from Bungie and an innovative new universe with broad appeal that will be revealed at Toy Fair later this week and will bring the world of toys, video games and the Internet together in an unprecedented way."

The link to the page reporting this has been taken down.
The full context - in the thread over on the gaming side - make it clear those are two different things. It's from an investor page listing stuff that will help Activision grow in the future, and the new Bungie property and "innovative new universe" are clearly separate statements.
 
Oct 4, 2007
2,885
0
760
the1constant.mlblogs.com
The full context - in the thread over on the gaming side - make it clear those are two different things. It's from an investor page listing stuff that will help Activision grow in the future, and the new Bungie property and "innovative new universe" are clearly separate statements.
After reading it in its full context, rather than just the quote, I would have to agree so I guess we have a false alarm.
 

Devin Olsen

Member
Feb 26, 2009
2,706
0
0
30
Langley, BC
How on earth do people still have cameras in their possession that take that terrible of pictures.

My 2 year old Niece LITERALLY got a better camera for Christmas.

Maps look pretty good either way though... I wish there was a good remake in there though.
 

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Oct 23, 2009
20,158
0
0
Illinois
www.youtube.com
Devin Olsen said:
How on earth do people still have cameras in their possession that take that terrible of pictures.

My 2 year old Niece LITERALLY got a better camera for Christmas.

Maps look pretty good either way though... I wish there was a good remake in there though.
phone?
 

kylej

Banned
Mar 2, 2006
12,362
0
0
Boston
Guys, guys. Don't complain about just 2 maps. I'm sure along with the new map pack we'll get a fresh round of Forge™ maps. Those are just as good as original ones.
 

Squall ASF

Member
Dec 15, 2008
7,420
0
0
Dang, pics are blocked from work. So they look impressive?

I agree with Ghaleon that FF needs a large vehicle oriented map, it sucks balls having to grind limited turret kills to work on that commendation. That said, I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be upset about having to pay 800 pts for a mixed combo. If you namely care about FF and don't care for MP, you didn't have to get the last map pack. This forces people to pay extra for a feature they could care a less about. I don't think that's very fair to the community and that's why I stressed in a previous post that they need to have seperate map packs for MP and FF. I keep thinking back to Halo 2 where they allowed someone else to make Tombstone and Desolation? Derelict? Forget the name atm. I wonder if they would consider allowing another company like 343 make map packs as well.

I know Bungie is hard at work on their new IP and they probably only want to dedicate so many resources to mainting Reach which I understand. So why not contract out for additional map packs to be made? I know that's the idea of Forge, but I suspect most fans would prefer that enough higher level maps be made that the main types of gameplay are adequately touched upon (i.e. BTB, 4v4). I'll get this map pack should it come out, and I'll find use for all three maps, but I strongly disagree with the combination of MP and FF in one map pack for the price of a fully featured MP pack. It's just not fair for many others.
 

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Jun 16, 2008
26,370
0
0
WA
www.HaloWaypoint.com
Devin Olsen said:
How on earth do people still have cameras in their possession that take that terrible of pictures.

My 2 year old Niece LITERALLY got a better camera for Christmas.

Maps look pretty good either way though... I wish there was a good remake in there though.
For real? That's crazy.
 

bobs...onGaf

Member
Oct 19, 2009
8,833
0
605
Narpas Sword0 said:
for all the complaints i see in this thread, im surprised there isn't more said about health/shield strength

bloom is annoying, but it would be less so if it didn't take 5 hits to kill a guy (5th being a headshot). this is an eternity, especially when pacing your shots to counteract bloom.

even if 3 shots from halo 1 is too hardcore, how about 4 shots? what is the logic behind 5?
Oh no I agree, I think I mentioned that a few times, slower kill times + Bloom = crazy Bungie.

Even worse is the fact that beatdowns are 2 hit kills, and nades are very much 1 hit kills. The power distribution really is badly done. Its better to beatdown and nade spam than use a gun lol.

As for the new map pack, just 2 multiplayer maps is a knock as Reach really suffers in this department, but if I can use a Banshee in the new firefight map I will be pleased. Otherwise it will just play like Firefight on any other map.
 

AlmostMilk

Member
Nov 6, 2009
2,086
0
0
most people are disappointed but i am looking forward to the new firefight map. i love firefight but the maps in reach suck. there are like 2 good ones and playing those a bunch get old real fast.
 

Kuroyume

Banned
Jun 7, 2004
19,725
0
0
34
Squall ASF said:
I know Bungie is hard at work on their new IP and they probably only want to dedicate so many resources to mainting Reach which I understand. So why not contract out for additional map packs to be made? I know that's the idea of Forge, but I suspect most fans would prefer that enough higher level maps be made that the main types of gameplay are adequately touched upon (i.e. BTB, 4v4). I'll get this map pack should it come out, and I'll find use for all three maps, but I strongly disagree with the combination of MP and FF in one map pack for the price of a fully featured MP pack. It's just not fair for many others.
That's up to Microsoft. Figure they'll probably do that unless they have another Halo game coming soon.
 

Striker

Member
Dec 26, 2006
32,007
0
1,035
www.bigblueinteractive.com
AlmostMilk said:
most people are disappointed but i am looking forward to the new firefight map. i love firefight but the maps in reach suck. there are like 2 good ones and playing those a bunch get old real fast.
I don't mind FF, either, but I don't necessarily want a new map in place of a traditional map that the game could use, as many of them from Forge World in Community Slayer are hogwash. I wanted a map similar in size and stature as Beaver Creek... :|
 

AlmostMilk

Member
Nov 6, 2009
2,086
0
0
Striker said:
I don't mind FF, either, but I don't necessarily want a new map in place of a traditional map that the game could use, as many of them from Forge World in Community Slayer are hogwash. I wanted a map similar in size and stature as Beaver Creek... :|
true. in reality, they should have just done a firefight map pack
 

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Mar 6, 2007
13,310
0
0
Northern Ireland
www.forwarduntodawn.com
Uncaged plays out slightly differently, but I still think the spawning is awful. With one team controlling the hill, the other team ends up spawning bottom near the mancannon. Even though the top seems more enclosed, it's still the default position to hold to win and the extra routes to the top don't seem to be, after one quick game, enough to balance things out.

I have to play on it more. I think it's better than The Cage but any improvement would be.
 

Apath

Member
Aug 4, 2009
12,377
0
690
19
Bungie should do 5-map packs: Three regular multiplayer maps, one invasion map, one firefight map. Charge $15.

Doesn't really bother me though. I find the Noble map pack to be overpriced and I doubt I'll find the next one to be anything but. As such I've already resigned to just buying the inevitable compilation disc.