• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Lazslo

Dani said:
Reach F&F wasn't exactly pure, due to the MS site exploit, there was 1000's of Bnet kids flooding online every hour.

It didn't even take an hour for the first teabagging/body punching and being called all kinds of insults in the lobby by high pitched toned kiddos.
Best day evar. I have to admit- if you were one of the first couple battle bros that got in through Expert Zone, it took a little bit of work to obtain the code- I felt like I earned it by the time I was done Scouring the internet, doing every twitter contest possible, and even making a podcast intro. However, I felt really bad for all the real Friends and Family that lost their Special Status™ once the site was exploited, the floodgates opened. I would have been content to watch Tashi's stream the whole weekend. It was funny watching the first game you guys played- everyone was just running around and shooting the ground.

CyReN said:
Well it's hard to innovate from just making maps. What they can do is make maps(or even a map that don't focus on the abilities of Reach at all(no not even sprint). Then make a playlist that is used for classic style gameplay(with recoil bloom). But I'd still rather continue playing BTB reach and sticking to H3 for my main halo fix till something else comes along presumably on the 10th anniversary.

E3 is going to be all sorts of special this year :)

Lazslo said:
Best day evar. I have to admit- if you were one of the first couple battle bros that got in through Expert Zone, it took a little bit of work to obtain the code- I felt like I earned it by the time I was done Scouring the internet, doing every twitter contest possible, and even making a podcast intro. However, I felt really bad for all the real Friends and Family that lost their Special Status™ once the site was exploited, the floodgates opened. I would have been content to watch Tashi's stream the whole weekend. It was funny watching the first game you guys played- everyone was just running around and shooting the ground.

I worked at Staples at the time and got in through EZ legit - about 20 seconds before the site tanked because of the Bnet hoards. I had enough to get two keys and then the whole system was hosed off and on for hours. Me and my buddies were among the first 1000 I think on the system, it was great fun the next few days.

And good thinking on the cheevos; I'm curious.

Hey You

I wasn't really a "special" Person who got into the F&F Reach beta, but I did earn it legit through Shack news. No exploiting anything for me.

Those first couple of games of F&F were pure awesome. Managed to play a few Bungie Employees as well.

Tawpgun

It's too late now, but PLEASE no more completley luck oriented achievables. Shit like 2 for 1 and the Double Kill from the Grave one in Reach are terrible.

Also, the question on everyone's mind. WHERE ARE OUR VIDMASTERS? I know they're a Bungie thing, but c'mon, at least do something similar. I want CHALLENGING achievements that make us play the game in a different way, or do something really cool.

Lazslo

Is it considered odd or strange that 343/Bungie has not released the Achievements by now and they haven't they been leaked? Maybe a special surprise is in the works with them or something, although I'm not sure what can be such a surprise with Achievements. It's probably nothing.

A27 Tawpgun said:
It's too late now, but PLEASE no more completley luck oriented achievables. Shit like 2 for 1 and the Double Kill from the Grave one in Reach are terrible.
Seriously. This.

I've never felt as trolled by a game until I found myself repeatedly jumping off that cliff in Pillar of Autumn to assassinate that elite. I did it three times, but it didn't "take". Worst achievement ever.

Hitmonchan107 said:
And apparently, those that went got the map pack a week early.

DAMN!

Going back to the Seattle area on Friday, just missed it by a few days, and I could have gotten the pack early and free.

darth-vader-noooo-300x205.jpg

Okay not really that big of a deal.

NullPointer said:
Seriously. This.

I've never felt as trolled by a game until I found myself repeatedly jumping off that cliff in Pillar of Autumn to assassinate that elite. I did it three times, but it didn't "take". Worst achievement ever.

3 times eh?

I did that shit literally a few hundred times before I got it to work.

KevinRo

Devin Olsen said:
What! Eff I should have gone :(

In other news, T-Squared before he became a Mountain Dew cover boy... lol. My he has changed.

YouTube

lol i loved the video with the 'RAAAAAAAAAPE' counter.

*edit*

god that video makes me miss halo2 and the awesomeness that was midship and lockout.

How can you fuck that up in a recreate .gfrrrrr

Steelyuhas said:
3 times eh?

I did that shit literally a few hundred times before I got it to work.
I honestly tried for about an hour or more. Probably around 100 times. On at least three attempts I thought I nailed it perfectly, but alas, Fate wasn't on my side.

That hour is honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever done.

KevinRo said:
lol i loved the video with the 'RAAAAAAAAAPE' counter.

*edit*

god that video makes me miss halo2 and the awesomeness that was midship and lockout.

How can you fuck that up in a recreate .gfrrrrr
I THINK the RAAAAAAPE counter is in one of the Sex Drugs & Halo Pro's videos. - Edit: Yup.. haha in the second part - Clicky

God dammit I miss GaG... lol the first part of this video:
"Lets go to Canada and get Devin" :p

YouTube

NullPointer said:
I honestly tried for about an hour or more. Probably around 100 times. On at least three attempts I thought I nailed it perfectly, but alas, Fate wasn't on my side.

That hour is honestly one of the stupidest things I've ever done.

Yeah a spent a few hours trying to do it, and got it many times before I triggered the achievement. It was the only achievement that I didn't really like in the game though, I thought the list was pretty good, better than H3's at least.

CyReN

Devin Olsen said:
I THINK the RAAAAAAPE counter is in one of the Sex Drugs & Halo Pro's videos.

God dammit I miss GaG... lol the first part of this video:
"Lets go to Canada and get Devin" :p

YouTube

So much respect earned.

I loved the part when Saiyan was awkward in front of the camera.

My Halo 2 clip

ps: I googled like crazy and couldn't find the sig from gag.

Hitmonchan107 said:
I'm not sure if these are the legit achievements or not, but here's what I've found.

Edit: Yep, I believe these are the achievements. Consider me disappointed. Someone on xbox360achievements said that they're straight from xbox.com.

Only three achievements?

Most people won't get those achievements consider 97% of Reach's matchmaking population has no idea what an objective gametype is.

Edit: And yep, straight from xbox.com. I just went there and now it says I have 1250/1400 points for Reach and it listed those three achievements.

Kujo

Return to Sender - 30G
Defiant: Successfully return two flags in a matchmade CTF game.

Crackin' Skulls - 45G
Defiant: Kill 3 players with the Oddball in a matchmade Oddball game.

Candy from a Baby - 75G
Defiant: Capture two flags from an enemy capture zone in a matchmade Stockpile game.

Ugh @ Stockpile

CyReN said:
So much respect earned.

I loved the part when Saiyan was awkward in front of the camera.

My Halo 2 clip

ps: I googled like crazy and couldn't find the sig from gag.
Heh, thanks ;)

I was on TeamGaG until we all just kind of went our separate ways... I still talk to I LOVE CHIPS every once in a while though. I really miss those days/that game.

What is the sig from Team GaG though? I might be able to help you find it, if I know what it was you were talking about.

feel

Nice clips Devin, brings back so many memories. I hope that at 343 they are locking the designers in a room making them watch Halo 2 and 3 montages for at least one hour at the start of each workday. And slap in the back of the head to the one who suggests that all that would be better with the ability to sprint.

CyReN

Devin Olsen said:
Heh, thanks ;)

I was on TeamGaG until we all just kind of went our separate ways... I still talk to I LOVE CHIPS every once in a while though. I really miss those days/that game.

What is the sig from Team GaG though? I might be able to help you find it, if I know what it was you were talking about.

It's the one with the 3 team gag members waving in their hand mocking T2. It's in black and white.

Just found your profile on mlg looking for it lol.

What is the fascination with Stockpile gametype achievements... I almost NEVER see that game come up in MM.

Why not make it something interesting/fun/hard to get.

Do we know if it was Bungie or 343 that made these achievements?

Letters said:
Nice clips Devin, brings back so many memories. I hope that at 343 they are locking the designers in a room making them watch Halo CE and 2 montages for at least one hour at the start of each workday. And slap in the back of the head to the one who suggests that all that would be better with the ability to sprint.

Fixed
:)

Devin Olsen said:
What is the fascination with Stockpile gametype achievements... I almost NEVER see that game come up in MM.

It's probably Bungie/343's way of getting more people to play it.

Isn't that one of Bungie's rules about achievements? Getting people to do something they wouldn't otherwise do?

GhaleonEB

Mojo said:
Return to Sender - 30G
Defiant: Successfully return two flags in a matchmade CTF game.

Crackin' Skulls - 45G
Defiant: Kill 3 players with the Oddball in a matchmade Oddball game.

Candy from a Baby - 75G
Defiant: Capture two flags from an enemy capture zone in a matchmade Stockpile game.

Ugh @ Stockpile
Ug. This is the kind of behavior-altering stuff most Challenges and Achievements avoid. No Firefight one?

Mojo said:
Only those 3. Don't know why they didn't do 250G and include a FF one or two.
Well that's frustrating. There are three maps, two MP and one FF. But no FF Achievement? There are so many interesting ones possible. And the MP ones are quite poor.

Disappointing.

Kujo

GhaleonEB said:
Ug. This is the kind of behavior-altering stuff most Challenges and Achievements avoid. No Firefight one?
Only those 3. Don't know why they didn't do 250G and include a FF one or two.

wwm0nkey

Hey guys it seems like we will be finally be getting a trailer of Operation Chasity in a few months.

Also it seems like another good Halo fan movie project is also starting up called Halo: Faith and will be a pitch to major studios.

Tunavi

Banned
wwm0nkey said:
Hey guys it seems like we will be finally be getting a trailer of Operation Chasity in a few months.

Also it seems like another good Halo fan movie project is also starting up called Halo: Faith and will be a pitch to major studios.

The Operation Chastity trailer is coming out this summer

Oozer3993

Lazslo said:

I was excited when I got my invite because I'd heard about all the great experiences people had had during the F&F period in the Halo 3 beta and got to experience a smidgen of it when I got into the beta with a code while everyone else was waiting for the Crackdown option to be fixed. The ExpertZone glitch kinda sullied that a little, but it was still fun. When I got on the Reach Beta there were only 56 people online and seven of those were other Gaffers who I partied up with which meant, at the time, we made up 14% of all people playing Reach at that point. Good times.

Those achievements make me sad. Especially the Stockpile one. I loathe Stockpile, especially the behavior that achievement advocates.

Top Bottom