• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Hypertrooper said:
Haha either he plays with our emotion or we(I) think too much about it, but lybertyboy is posting very strange stuff:

A fella can't have his cold heart warmed by that lovable scamp Annie?

annie.jpg

GhaleonEB

That's one way to make Monday a lot better than normal.

One reason I'm looking forward to the new Firefight map so much is that it will be the first map designed as such. All of the current FF maps were taken from campaign spaces, not designed for the mode as most MP ones were. So this will be the first one built with Firefight in mind. It should show.

GhaleonEB said:
That's one way to make Monday a lot better than normal.

One reason I'm looking forward to the new Firefight map so much is that it will be the first map designed as such. All of the current FF maps were taken from campaign spaces, not designed for the mode as most MP ones were. So this will be the first one built with Firefight in mind. It should show.
Our beloved person responsed me on twitter, that the tweet is just a lyric from a song. :(

MrBig

Watching gameplay videos of the new maps.
Only vehicle I saw on unearthed was a single rocket hog :(
Still watching the rest

wwm0nkey

Would you guys buy a special edition of the Halo 1 remake if it came with Halo 2 on XBLA?

Also speaking of Halo 2 on XBLA, it would make a PERFECT summer of Arcade title.

GhaleonEB

Dani said:
Funny thing. GAF's policy on pirated/stolen early material is no links, no pictures or anything. Check out the Killzone 3 leak and the Crysis 2 leak threads.
Indeed. I was floored when someone posted a link to a modding site earlier.

#####

I really want to like Crash Site (espeically in Score Attack), as I love the concept of it. But the way it's executed is off by just enough to make it not quite work, most of the time. Rather than hand-select a generator location and drop ship zones, the game randomly selects them from the ones used in the regular Firefight games. So the lone generator is any one of the three in Genny Defense, and the drop ships drop off at their standard locations.

Which leads to a lot of situations where the generator is having a dozen enemies dumped right on top of it.

I got it in my head to try and beat the mode tonight in Score Attack, and finally did. I've had a couple games where the generator was in a corner of the map, and all drop ships landed some distance away so I could do some whittling before the tide hit me and I had to lock the generator down for some intense up close fighting. It gives the mode a great ebb and flow to it. I hope there's a way for the game type to be hand crafted a bit more, as those kinds of games are the exception, and when it clicks that way, it's freaking awesome.

CrashSite.jpg

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Damn Nutter's and my internet don't seem to get along. :[

edit: It seems to be my internet, bah, restarting...

Striker

Played about 3-4 games of BTB, no Multi-CTF showed up once. But boy oh boy, tons of Bro Slayer, Headhunter, and normal Slayer!

Bro Slayer should be out of BTB or out of regular playlists period. Only makes spawn camping or hilarious spawns in general worse. I spawned about three times seeing where this dude is heading, wait for him to pass my area, and bam, easy kill. That's not broken at all.

Nutter

Striker said:
Played about 3-4 games of BTB, no Multi-CTF showed up once. But boy oh boy, tons of Bro Slayer, Headhunter, and normal Slayer!

Bro Slayer should be out of BTB or out of regular playlists period. Only makes spawn camping or hilarious spawns in general worse. I spawned about three times seeing where this dude is heading, wait for him to pass my area, and bam, easy kill. That's not broken at all.
Shhhh, the more we complain the more shit game-types and decisions they make.

Also to the team that I was playing with, I will be back after 45 min.

wwm0nkey

Wonder what this game will be like when 343i takes over. I mean they are already making a map pack for the game so maybe a TU from them wont be too far away?

Striker

I'm anticipating the Classic playlist pretty well. Hoping it doesn't get screwed up by placing The Cage or anything on it. I would prefer mostly remakes, but maps like Anchor 9 and Tempest, which are splendid for 2-flag, would work nicely.

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
I like this weekly challenge. Together with the SA playlist changes it is going to be a lot of fun.
Yup, good way to get people to try out the new stuff. Waves go really fast in Arcade as well, some maps you can tear through 15 in less than 15 minutes.

The last Ride the Wave was 100 for 4,000 cR, so this is quite the bump. I kind of expected the LASO run to resume, but this works for me. :D

It's official.

Halo Reach - Defiant Map Pack trailer

March release for those who can't watch the video.

Also the fact that this is being announced by Waypoint semi-confirms that 343 are behind the maps, no?

I quite like the look of all the maps from the trailer at least, while I'd prefer an invasion map the new Firefight map does look a bit bigger in scale than the majority of the current ones.

From Major Nelson's blog post about the map pack:

Created in partnership with Certain Affinity, the Defiant Map Pack will be available this March on Xbox LIVE for 800 Microsoft points, and will include all new Achievements worth a total of 150 Gamerscore. Keep an eye on Halo Waypoint for a brand new trailer. Or watch it out on Waypoint’s YouTube page.

lybertyboy

bobs99 ... said:
Interesting, its a shock to see its coming out next month.

Something about the gameplay in that trailer worries me lol, too many assassinations and beatdowns.

But I like assassinations and beatdowns!

Also to assuage earlier comments. The Banshee and Falcon aren't on Highlands by default. We added them for...dramatic effect. Yeah, that's it.

Gui_PT

lybertyboy said:

Also to assuage earlier comments. The Banshee and Falcon aren't on Highlands by default. We added them for...dramatic effect. Yeah, that's it.

Can you talk about the new achievements? I hope they're not like the latest ones =\

Great job on the maps btw, gorgeous.

lybertyboy

Gui_PT said:
Can you talk about the new achievements? I hope they're not like the latest ones =\

Great job on the maps btw, gorgeous.

In lieu of further announcements, might I suggest you watch the spectacular trailer again?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
squidhands said:
This is going to be interesting to see how CA does Reach.

they are in good hands :)

hope they are handling all future dlc as well

lybertyboy said:

But I like Banshees and Falcons!

:(

That was one epic trailer. I cannot freaking wait. Im surprised 343 took over the DLC already though.. so is Bungie out of the picture or can we expect maybe one last something from them?

Top Bottom