• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT3| This Thread is Not a Natural Formation

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
A27 Tawpgun said:
So can someone give me a rundown on how HaloGAF customs work? They're on friday right? Anyone I should send an FR to?
Saturday 8:00 (Or is it 8:30 pm EST?) msg SlightlyLive.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
A27 Tawpgun said:
So can someone give me a rundown on how HaloGAF customs work? They're on friday right? Anyone I should send an FR to?

Sunday 1am GMT (that's saturday evening to you wild folks). I usually run them - there will be a post in here just before they start to let folks join.

KevinRo

A27 Tawpgun said:
God yes. They nerfed the hell out of it from the beta.

The focus rifle needs a buff too. Not in terms of damage, but they need to extend extend the range of its aim magnetism, because at far range the weapon is only used to slightly annoy people.

The plasma rifle needs to be able to slow people down like in Halo1.

I hope the Halo:CE remake keeps that function. DON'T LET ME DOWN FANKIE

KevinRo said:

Yes, god yes.

Agree with the bloom sentiment of plywood and barrow roll. If they change all of that, I'll actually go back to Halo.

Man, I step away to watch Princess Mononoke and miss all of the good stuff. :^)

Five-player firefight is pretty sweet (if true), but I still wish they would add back the ODST skull progression for Firefight Limited. That's probably asking too much. I'm probably the only one who wants it.

I am as tired of the bloom discussion as anyone else but I just want to say that bloom adds a significant level of satisfaction to the game for me. Granted it's not like previous Halo's have lacked in that department - but pulling off 4 shots quickly and waiting for that bloom level to be just right while aiming for the head, whilst being sprayed by AR or rapid DMR/Pistol fire - is an unparalleled experience in the shooter genre for me.

Yes I hate when some spraying douche pulls a lucky headshot on me, or the fact that the game plays a little slower - but it in no way detracts from my enjoyment of the game. If there was anything I felt needed to be tweaked to raise my satisfaction with the game, it's double melee and armor lock. Without going into too much detail, it changes the dynamic of the gameplay and allows scrubs to pull off some serious bullshit. That said, these things don't leave me asking why I play the game - I just play another match and if I can't punish these people (teams of armor lockers are difficult to overpower or punish at all) I leave the lobby or join another playlist.

Recarpo

Hitmonchan107 said:
but I still wish they would add back the ODST skull progression for Firefight Limited. That's probably asking too much. I'm probably the only one who wants it.

Would love for them to bring back the ODST style unlimited firefight. Don't know if it's going to happen, and it might be brutal with all the AFKers out there right now, but would love it none the less.

You'd think that AFKers could be dealt with at the very least by booting them when their controllers disconnected due to idling or something.

Lazslo

Games Trailers is on now on Spike and they have some footage of the new maps coming up soon... It could be just the trailer but who knows- Game Trailers doesn't have the best track record of showing good footage...

Edit: It was actually pretty cool but only like 30 seconds long.

Zee-V70 said:
You'd think that AFKers could be dealt with at the very least by booting them when their controllers disconnected due to idling or something.
Some of them put their controllers in a certain position to make sure they're moving around in the game.

Some go to their hiding spots.. And.. Wait there, while moving around occasionally. Kinda sad really.

PNut

Banned
There's no bloom or AL in Race. :) Why is it not a playlist yet? Is it because there are no commendations associated with the gametype, the cR payouts were minimal when it was in Rumble Pit, or it's such niche gamtype that only few would be interested?

If you search the tag "race" on BNet and set search to most liked/downloaded you'll find a great deal of Race maps that are of amazing quality. I mean outstanding Race maps. I'm willing to wager that no other gametype has reaped the benefits of Forge 2.0 more than custom Race maps. It really is amazing what some people have been able to forge for this gametype.

Zee-V70 said:

What exactly is the problem that everyone has with people not playing in FF? The handful of times I have played FF Arcade I really didn't care if one of my teammates were not playing. More points for me.

Striker

PNut said:
There's no bloom or AL in Race. :) Why is it not a playlist yet? Is it because there are no commendations associated with the gametype, the cR payouts were minimal when it was in Rumble Pit, or it's such niche gamtype that only few would be interested?

If you search the tag "race" on BNet and set search to most liked/downloaded you'll find a great deal of Race maps that are of amazing quality. I mean outstanding Race maps. I'm willing to wager that no other gametype has reaped the benefits of Forge 2.0 more than custom Race maps. It really is amazing what some people have been able to forge for this gametype.
If there's a playlist for Infection, there should be one for every other gimmick playlist. The playlists would then be combined and called Actionsack.

PNut

Banned
Striker said:
If there's a playlist for Infection, there should be one for every other gimmick playlist. The playlists would then be combined and called Actionsack.

The problem with that is Grifball, Race and LD can't be merged into a single hopper (that I'm aware of). One's a team game and the others are not. Not only that but people that like Grifball or LD only want to play those gametypes for the most part. Race is a totally different gametype and most that enjoy it could care less about playing the other two.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXK4N5vwzNg

My team played our first Gamebattles match tonight. It. Was. Slaughter. I captured the matches. The stats in the first match are out of control. Our team went +67 in the first game of Assault. We really did shitty with Objective but weren't worried about them tying because we were slaying so hard. Anyway, fun matches.

Stats game 1

Stats game 2

My youtube account was selected to allow videos over 15 minutes. Such a relief. I can not only upload entire 15-30 minutes matches in one video but also entire series.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GhaleonEB said:

Dude, you're not strong at all. You're just blasting your glamor muscles.

7uHED.jpg

PNut

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
Our team went +67 in the first game of Assault.

Nice Tashi! Assault is probably my favorite MLG obj. gametype in Reach. Especially on Countdown and Sanctuary. Link to your gamebattles team?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Juices those first 5 games were the greatest combinations of terrible randoms who went negative 13+ and bad connections. Besides that, good games man.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
PNut said:
Nice Tashi! Assault is probably my favorite MLG obj. gametype in Reach. Especially on Countdown and Sanctuary. Link to your gamebattles team?
Thanks bro. I'm on my phone so I'll link it tomorrow but the team name is Campus Safety. I'm probably gonna get dropped though because I'm on the only one who can't make it to Dallas for the first event :( No one wants that to happen but it's just the harsh reality.

Kibbles

lybertyboy said:
ZOMG rainbow helmet confirmed!

http://twitpic.com/43gyzm
Does it come with a Frankie to hold it above your head?

KevinRo said:

Assuming it's real, I hope they don't change the mechanics of the game at all. (This just in: Bloom and Armor Lock confirmed for the lulz)

Kibbles

Striker said:
Indeed.

BTW, some guy on ForgeHub said this concerning the Classic Playlist:
Classic Playlist? When is this coming? How come I never heard of this? Rawr.

edit: Damnit I'm such a noob.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Sai-kun said:
Dammit. Stop playing with my heart. *reverse :lol smiley*

I was heavily focused playing Gears 3 and suddenly I feel this person do a bearhug on me and Ellis tells me to look up for a quick photo. :D

Man what a fucking INCREDIBLE night. Unbelievable. I'll post impressions and talk about other really cool stuff tomorrow because I just got back from the event and I'm tired.

I'll leave this here for people to speculate, wrongly accuse/blame and bitch, but I'll clarify more tomorrow:

Shishka's at 343 Industries.

Night, dudes!

Nutter

So, who is chucky chuck? or w/e. Listen kid you dont go around telling someone else to drop a power weapon when you already have 1. Yeah I had rockets and snipe, guess what you had a sniper too, and you still ask me to drop one of them.. LOL, if he isnt from GAF, then w/e, just do not invite me when this guy is playing.

Thermite

Nutter said:
So, who is chucky chuck? or w/e. Listen kid you dont go around telling someone else to drop a power weapon when you already have 1. Yeah I had rockets and snipe, guess what you had a sniper too, and you still ask me to drop one of them.. LOL, if he isnt from GAF, then w/e, just do not invite me when this guy is playing.

LOL WHY U MAD THO

GhaleonEB

Domino Theory said:
I was heavily focused playing Gears 3 and suddenly I feel this person do a bearhug on me and Ellis tells me to look up for a quick photo. :D

Man what a fucking INCREDIBLE night. Unbelievable. I'll post impressions and talk about other really cool stuff tomorrow because I just got back from the event and I'm tired.

I'll leave this here for people to speculate, wrongly accuse/blame and bitch, but I'll clarify more tomorrow:

Shishka's at 343 Industries.

Night, dudes!
Glad he landed on his feet. But even a tidbit of impressions would have been neat. Frank said you were going to tell us all about the five player Firefight. :p

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
Man, just go buy a flippin hard drive. I don't care if they're overpriced, DO IT NOW. :I
No, seems like a big oversight on both Bungie & MS that I'd be lock out of every other feature in this game. I don't even get Matchmaking Playlist Pictures.

:I

Plywood said:
No, seems like a big oversight on both Bungie & MS that I'd be lock out of every other feature in this game. I don't even get Matchmaking Playlist Pictures.

:I
Well, you can either sit there crying and eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell enough like dog food to make your dog come back -- or you can go out there and buy a new hard drive!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Barrow Roll said:
Well, you can either sit there crying and eating can after can of dog food until your tears smell enough like dog food to make your dog come back -- or you can go out there and buy a new hard drive!
CbIAB.gif

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Domino Theory said:
8 player FireFight, actually.

Seriously though, it was our pleasure to have you at the event tonight. Personally, I'd like to have more community involvement at events like this as you are all an important part (if not he most important part) of what we do each and every day.

Really looking forward to you all being able to play these maps for yourselves. In the ramp up to the release of the map pack we'll be showing more about the iterative and design process for these map packs. I hope you will enjoy the maps as much as I already have, and appreciate the hard work that goes into creating something like this.

Top Bottom