• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

GhaleonEB

header_s.png

|OT1| | |OT2| | |OT3| | OT4 | ForgeGAF Thread | Today's Challenges (Alt. Link) | Active Playlists

News & Updates
04/01 | 20k posts in an OT means a new thread. I've got a couple images to fix tonight...

04/01 | Bungie snuck out an actual, working iteration of the Chess game type from last year's April 1st joke. Download it here.

04/01 | New BWU is live!

03/29 | There's a massive new playlist update live. Click here for the details. Action Sack! Classic! Fixed Firefight Arcade!

03/15 | Bungie has put up a Q&A for those having issues with the Defiant Map Pack.

03/15 | The Defiant maps are out!. Waypoint has three focused articles on the new maps: Inside Condemned | Inside Unearthed | Inside Highlands

03/08 | Great behind the scenes video on the making of the Defiant Map Pack.​

Halo Reach DLC
Halo: Anniversary includes six remade MP maps from the series, and a new Firefight map. Not all are revealed yet. I'll update this space with some links shortly.

Defiant Map Pack | Inside Condemned | Inside Unearthed | Inside Highlands | Making-if Video | Trailer | Announcement | Screenshots

Noble Map Pack | FAQ | Trailer | Map Overviews | Developer Commentary Videos | Announcement

Playlist Updates | Click here for the latest; a rolling log is linked at the bottom of the post.

Halo Reach 101
Essential guides to various aspects of Reach.

Halo: Reach Project Page
A hub for all Reach content on Bungie.net. Videos, FAQs, Guides, game details, matchmaking playlists, the works.

Welcome to Reach
A round up of resources on Bungie.net at the launch of Reach.

Halo: Reach Support FAQ
A list of common questions and issues - with answers.

Welcome to Noble Team
All about Credits, the Armory and player customization.

Networking 101
A FAQ to networking issues in Reach.

Welcome to The Arena
A detailed guide to Seasons, Ratings, Divisions, etc.

Player Ranks
Guide to Reach's cR system and the Ranks players can achieve.

Unofficial Reach Resources
HBO's Cutscene Library
A collection of the cinematics from Halo: Reach available for download in various formats and resolutions.

HBO's Bungie Weekly Update Archive
A lighter, standards-compliant version of the weekly Updates, with a robust search feature.​

halo_community.png

For posterity: HaloGAF vs. Bungie Humpday Challenge...did not end well for HaloGAF

Forge & Custom Content
Map Design 101, by Chris Carney

Forging Invasion

Comprehensive guides to objectives and spawns

For a video overview on the new Forge, and Forge World, watch this vidoc.

There is a separate thread for Forge sharing and testing, here.

If you are working on maps or gametypes, tag them with the "HaloGAF" key word. We should be able to search for and find all of our community content this way. Or, post it in the ForgeGAF thread above.​

HaloGAF Customs

GAF regularly gets together every Saturday at about 5:00 PM Pacific time (US) to play Reach for hours on end. To join, add some HaloGAFers to your Friend list and join them for customs. Or, watch the thread for who to hook up with.

Halo Community Sites | The Halo community is vast. Here are a few highlights.

HBO
The oldest and biggest Halo fan site on the web, run by one of the nicest (and oldest) people on the internet. If there's news about Halo, HBO will cover it.

Bungie.net forums
A vast community of upstanding and thoughtful commentators.

Tied The Leader
A community, clan and site dedicated to fair play and thoughtful commentary on Halo.

rampancy.net
Another long time Halo fan site, dedicated to unusually in-depth commentary and analysis of the series, as well as news and community creations.

Forward Unto Dawn
In the spirit of Ascendant Justice, FUD is devoted to analysis and commentary on various aspects of the Halo games and universe.

Major League Gaming
An organized league of professional gamers, in which Halo plays a starring role. Forums, league schedules, rules and live streams are available from their site.

Forge Hub
A large community devoted to creating custom maps in Forge. Tutorials, guides and an active forum to provide feedback and testing, as well as an excellent resource for well crafted maps.​

Special Thanks to Louis Wu for web hosting.
footer.png

Trasher

Omg that assist challenge was a pile of crap. Everyone plays so dumb because of it. Just running around plasma pistoling people and not finishing them off in hopes someone else will. Stupid stupid!

Hey, you used my title! :lol (was not the only one who suggested it, apparently)

Also, guess who just got a star, baby! Hint: it's not your mom.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Trasher said:
Omg that assist challenge was a pile of crap. Everyone plays so dumb because of it. Just running around plasma pistoling people and not finishing them off in hopes someone else will. Stupid stupid!

Lots of time wasted earlier in pursuit of that daily. =/

And wooo, new thread.

GhaleonEB

Trasher said:
Pre-release there was some talk about crafting Challenges that don't cause detrimental behavior in the playlists, and generally they are pretty good about that. But the 'X assits in one game', 'X kills while jetpacking', 'X kills with automatic weapons' and 'X kills with ordnace' do cross the line into making the playlists a mess for a day.
blamite said:
Yeah it was a good one. Lots of good suggestions but that one stuck in my head. I almost didn't use it because it's the second thread in a row to use "this thread..." in the subtitle, but to heck with it. It makes me smile.

Havok

GhaleonEB said:
Pre-release there was some talk about crafting Challenges that don't cause detrimental behavior in the playlists, and generally they are pretty good about that. But the 'X assits in one game', 'X kills while jetpacking', 'X kills with automatic weapons' and 'X kills with ordnace' do cross the line into making the playlists a mess for a day.
It's the same thing they said about Achievements after Halo 3. Which turned out to be a blatant falsehood.

Anyone on Reach now? I'm lookin to party up if you want to "dong" on some "noobs."

I say we start OT4 off right and pick something new to complain about.

Forget Armor Lock and Bloom, let's bitch about... the Mongoose.
Seriously, what's the deal with that thing.

MrBig

ncsuDuncan said:
Anyone on Reach now? I'm lookin to party up if you want to "dong" on some "noobs."

I say we start OT4 off right and pick something new to complain about.

Forget Armor Lock and Bloom, let's bitch about... the Mongoose.
Seriously, what's the deal with that thing.
It just keeps doing flips n shit

neoism

DAMN I was hoping to snag a code for my cousin I use 9 of them and they're already used. :/
Guess it didn't help that I had to manually put it in because he doesn't know his password :(

Hmmm, no mention of Chess in the BWU... but Urk did give the go-ahead to download it.

Just wondering if it's going to get a mention outside of the Fails of the Weak.

see5harp

Damn OT4. I never really got it on with Halo GAF, but I've now rediscovered the absolute joy of Halo. If anyone wants to play ever add me. GT is the same as username.

Top Bottom