• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Ramirez

Captain Blood said:
How was that gloating? He basically said half of us are retired and I don't think one person from team 2 has showed any interest in this community match.

Which book are you on now?

I'm still on Clash of Kings...halfway done!

Letter's original post said Team 2's BS has to stop, lol.

Thermite

Letters said:
Team 2's gloating has to stop. You played fucking Slayer Pro. On a decent map iirc. Gaf would've beaten Bungie in the other 2 games had decent gametypes been chosen (and I'm not even asking for much, vanilla reach shitlayer would've been ok).

orusyt.png

feel

Captain Blood said:
How was that gloating? He basically said half of us are retired and I don't think one person from team 2 has showed any interest in this community match.
That was not directed at any single post, (I hadn't even catched up with the thread yet) but at the thousands referring to it since that day. /still butthurt (edit- lol, ALSO hadn't read what pic above said before posting this)

Ramirez said:
Letter's original post said Team 2's BS has to stop, lol.
Ramirez' BS has to stop.

Ramirez

Letters said:
That was not directed at any single post, (I hadn't even catched up with the thread yet) but at the thousands referring to it since that day. /still butthurt (edit- lol, ALSO hadn't read what pic above said before posting this)

Ramirez' BS has to stop.

But if I stop, the thread will be no fun. :(

feel

Fair enough. I do nod in agreement to what you have to say most of the time, carry on with the occasional BS about other members' stealth edits. >_> <_<

Ramirez

Letters said:
Fair enough. I do nod in agreement to what you have to say most of the time, carry on with the occasional BS about other members' stealth edits. >_> <_<

lol, I don't care that you put it, I find Team 2's banter amusing as well, I know there are other people here that would mop the floor with T2. :p

Nutter

Ramirez said:
lol, I don't care that you put it, I find Team 2's banter amusing as well, I know there are other people here that would mop the floor with T2. :p
Yup, 5 of the 8 Team 2 players are so bad they quit playing the game :p

Booshka

ncsuDuncan said:
List of interest GAF players (copy/paste and add yourself)
ncsuDuncan
MrBig
Dug
Plywood
StarWolf
Tawpgun
Oozer3993
Barrow Roll
Chocopolka
Booshka
Won't have DLC maps, but I'm interested in playing.

Ramirez said:
People are so bad, feels so good.

Showcase number 5000 for why guests should be in their own playlist:

http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=606895667&player=TJ Ram

I would have broke my Xbox if I was the lone guy stuck with those 4 clowns.

Thought you meant this guest game: http://www.bungie.net/stats/reach/gamestats.aspx?gameid=606838645&player=AnArmorLockHero

Guests ruinin games. Ughh. Really needs to be some segregation done for guests. Make a select few playlists they can be in.

and GG plywood, shadowembracer, ram, thats about all from gaf i think. good stuff got another perfection raised my kd up .01 my win 1% and only lost one game due to randoms. Randoms are terrible. Been nice getting back to Reach after a huge BLOPS bender. Reach still has its problems but its not a terrible game, can't wait for FiOS.

Thermite said:
You've gone full retard over this tournament, it seems. First of all, no one is dictating anything at all about this tournament; the most there has been is a few comments that were in a joking/lighthearted trolling manner about Team 2 (granted, the team is stacked with the best HaloGAF players, with the exception of EazyB, Plywood, Juices, Laughtrey, and BladedExpert*). Secondly, nothing at all about GAF taking on another community is even concrete - I don't think anyone has even been contacted about this yet. You're getting all up in arms over, literally, nothing at all.

*Don't go getting all offended now, HaloGAF. I'm not attacking you personally, or saying that you suck at the game, BUT based on what I've seen in Halo 3 and Reach customs, Team 2 and the people I've mentioned really are the best players in this community. IMHO.

Reading back over my posts from yesterday I did go full retard, and I understand you should never go full retard. I dont think my posts were brilliant but I was tired!

I personally aint even interested in being on the team, but I was just saying give everyone a chance to prove themselves if your going to pick the best for the team. I personally aint played with you guys much and it sucks that im lumped into badgaf based on that lol.

Trasher

Trasher said:
Ugh this is gonna be messy.
And I was right...

lawl at the people still pissed at Team 2.

Also, where has there been gloating from Team 2? I don't think I've even seen one person say that they want to participate in this thing. Chill out lol.

Ramirez said:
Yeah, bro, your old man reflexes really slow us down.

I also just wanted to say how awesome Voltron's post was. Still lol'ing.

Crucio

Shake Appeal said:
Glad I'm not alone in this. I check it for the second time this week, and it's just like a torrent of white noise to me.

Seriously, where does this "Team 2" come from, was that the team that did the last Gaf vs Bungie Humpday? So what is Team 1 then?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Trasher said:
Also, where has there been gloating from Team 2? I don't think I've even seen one person say that they want to participate in this thing. Chill out lol.

Yea I don't get it.
Team 2 is the best!!!!!! Woooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Man, I'm gettin flashbacks of that horrible horrible Invasion Slayer game they made us play.

Freakin invasion slayer man. I spawned with a repeater!

Got the LE cheap and this is basically my first Halo game. The bad voice quality and voice acting + slow start initially turned me off, but the career is very awesome now. MP is not really my cup of tea, but I take it.

A few quick points:
- I don't have a problem with Team 2.
- Friendly banter aside, I don't think the actual members of Team 2 have been gloating.
- I don't mind the discussion on how skill should affect team sorting for this new tournament.

- I do agree that the thread has been less than stellar lately, but it's been like that all week, even before the Tournament came up. This too shall pass.

And here's the most important point:
- We can have multiple teams in this tournament. One of those teams could very well be Team 2. If players are sitting out as conscientious objectors just to prove a point, fine. But I think that's ridiculous because there is no single Official HaloGAF Team in this tournament. It looks like we'll need at least 2 teams already, so there's no point in arguing.

Really, the entire thing started with "If we have 24 players, do we let one team be a duplicate of Team 2 and make the other two teams choose from what's left." That argument is moot if we only have 12 players anyways. Ideally I'd like us to have 3 evenly balanced kickass teams, but if that can't happen peaceably I'd rather we have 3 uneven teams and repeat the Humpday fiasco than have 2 teams and a bunch of pissed of old-schoolers.

Because 3 is more fun than 2.
Unless you're talking about Halo games. :p

TLDR: If you want to play, sign up. If the only way you'll play is to sign up as a team, fine. Sign up as a team. If you're not playing, please stop complaining about the teams. And everyone please stop complaining about people complaining (starting... NOW.)

squidhands said:
Then everyone would be getting along and quoting The Big Lebowski.
Forget it, squidhands, you're out of your element!

RedSwirl

Okay, how do you actually earn any credits in Firefight? I don't understand why I'm only earning 60cr after an hour-long Firefight game.

Detox

RedSwirl said:
Okay, how do you actually earn any credits in Firefight? I don't understand why I'm only earning 60cr after an hour-long Firefight game.
Play matchmaking FF not custom firefight.

RedSwirl said:
The whole reason I got into Firefight was to get away from matchmaking.
Score Attack is a solo affair. Learn it, love it, reap the meaty Cr rewards (compared to a custom FF game, that is).

ncsuDuncan said:
Obviously you're not a golfer.

ncsuDuncan said:
A few quick points:
- I don't have a problem with Team 2.
- Friendly banter aside, I don't think the actual members of Team 2 have been gloating.
- I don't mind the discussion on how skill should affect team sorting for this new tournament.

- I do agree that the thread has been less than stellar lately, but it's been like that all week, even before the Tournament came up. This too shall pass.

And here's the most important point:
- We can have multiple teams in this tournament. One of those teams could very well be Team 2. If players are sitting out as conscientious objectors just to prove a point, fine. But I think that's ridiculous because there is no single Official HaloGAF Team in this tournament. It looks like we'll need at least 2 teams already, so there's no point in arguing.

Really, the entire thing started with "If we have 24 players, do we let one team be a duplicate of Team 2 and make the other two teams choose from what's left." That argument is moot if we only have 12 players anyways. Ideally I'd like us to have 3 evenly balanced kickass teams, but if that can't happen peaceably I'd rather we have 3 uneven teams and repeat the Humpday fiasco than have 2 teams and a bunch of pissed of old-schoolers.

Because 3 is more fun than 2.
Unless you're talking about Halo games. :p

TLDR: If you want to play, sign up. If the only way you'll play is to sign up as a team, fine. Sign up as a team. If you're not playing, please stop complaining about the teams. And everyone please stop complaining about people complaining (starting... NOW.)

But what if I want to complain about people complaining about people complaining!??

Sorry for shitting up the thread yesterday, I just got frustrated at how poorly I was getting my point across. Im not actually even aiming to be on a team lawl, timezones/ work and my general feelings towards playing Reach as a serious game puts me off. Good luck to the dudes who do play.

RedSwirl you have to play multiplayer firefight to get more credits, look in the multiplayer playlists for score attack or firefight limited/ arcade. Score attack is the solo mode which will still net you a nice cr bonus.

Hey You

RedSwirl said:
The whole reason I got into Firefight was to get away from matchmaking.
Yep, play Score attack like others have said.

You'll get more credits the higher rank you are, I'm a Legend and get close to only 300 credits per Custom Game.

Have I mentioned Aerospace today? LMAO.

I think Aerospace could be Bungie's foray into publishing.

Edit: Detonator Games doesn't look up to par for Bungie. I'm going to pass on them being a client for BAC.

First of all, if Bungie Aerospace is a small publishing branch of Bungie, it makes sense for them to incorporate as a business.

Secondly, everything about BAC makes it sound like it's going to focus on mobile/downloadable games.

But, going back to my Crimson Skies point, here's a tidbit of info from 2009 GameSpot article on Weisman:

"As with MechWarrior, Weisman doesn't plan to have Smith & Tinker do the heavy lifting when it comes to bringing additional FASA IP to market. Instead, the noted designer plans to serve as a creative consultant on the games, leaving the day-to-day duties of developing and publishing the titles to Smith & Tinker's partners."

Crucio

Trasher said:
My god, dude. If you are gonna make posts, at least keep up with the thread.
My god, dude. If you are gonna quote me, at least answer my question.

Kibbles said:
Yeah wtf is up with Aerospace anyway. The site has said "Coming Soon" for over a year now.
Well we know Bungie. When they say soon they mean "Soon(tm)".

I have a feeling Bungie day will bring some greatness. Somethings definitely brewing.

Top Bottom