Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Hitmonchan107 said:
This is the first I've heard of the tickets. Nobody else who has posted their swag bag contents mentioned anything about a golden ticket.
HemUN1T over at Bungie.net posted some pics and a video, then pulled them down out of fear that he'd ruined his chances.
 
I remember how watching the mlg live gameplay used to give the impression that someone lights years away better than me was in control. The high-level playing looked like art, I always felt humbled and disgusted with my skill at the games. Now, even if of much higher level of skill, it could be mistaked by some random xbox live game being played on justin.tv for the most part, with everyone sprinting away from and into battles, spamming the trigger trying to get lucky in the bloom dice roll, messing up seemingly easy jumps, random grenade spam...
 

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Letters said:
I remember how watching the mlg live gameplay used to give the impression that someone lights years away better than me was in control. The high-level playing looked like art, I always felt humbled and disgusted with my skill at the games. Now, even if of much higher level of skill, it could be mistaked by some random xbox live game being played on justin.tv for the most part, with everyone sprinting away from and into battles, spamming the trigger trying to get lucky in the bloom dice roll, messing up seemingly easy jumps, random grenade spam...
 
A Day at the Bungie Offices

"Hey can anyone find the dude who was lead gameplay designer for Hellgate: London?"

"No."

"Oh how about Daikitana?"

"Nope, can't find him."

"What about the APB guy?

"Nah."

"Well how about Shadowrun? That game sold about 4 copies."

"Yeah we can get him."

"Alright pick him up and let him rework the entirety of Halo multiplayer gameplay."

"Sounds good."

 
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone would like to donate their graphic design skills to help me out.

I'm looking for someone to help make an opening title sequence for halo.bungie.org videos -- a brief introduction of five seconds or less. I need something that I could drop into the beginning of interviews or PAX videos.

If anyone could help me out, please PM me. Thanks, guys!
 
Hitmonchan107 said:
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone would like to donate their graphic design skills to help me out.

I'm looking for someone to help make an opening title sequence for halo.bungie.org videos -- a brief introduction of five seconds or less. I need something that I could drop into the beginning of interviews or PAX videos.

If anyone could help me out, please PM me. Thanks, guys!

Do you want footage or a motion graphics piece? I don't do video editing but I know how to use After Effects.
 
A27 Tawpgun said:
Really not a fan of what Sage did to Halo Multiplayer.

But I can't stay mad at the guy responsible for Shadowrun and dat beard.

343 will save.
Yeah ShadowRun is an amazing game

but seriously though Halo =/= ShadowRun, bloom worked and worked amazingly in ShadowRun, bloom did not work at all for Halo.
 
"Sounds good."
I want the names of this son of a b**** and his friend, I want to know whose guts to hate with passion. Sage is just an inocent guy who didn't really like Halo as it was that much and grabbed the opportunity to rework it to something more of his liking. I want the names of whoever had the power to give him that opportunity and tell everyone else there to NEVER complain about any of Sage's decision, as batshit insane as they could sound.
 
wwm0nkey said:
Yeah ShadowRun is an amazing game

but seriously though Halo =/= ShadowRun, bloom worked and worked amazingly in ShadowRun, bloom did not work at all for Halo.
Halo needs John Howard again, that is the main reason why Halo CE and Shadowrun are amazing.
 
Letters said:
I want the name of this son of a b****, i want to know whose guts to hate. Sage is just a inocent guy who didn't really like Halo as it was that much and grabbed the opportunity to rework it to something of his liking. I want the name of whoever had the power to give him that opportunity and tell everyone else there to NEVER complain about any of Sage's decision, as batshit insane as they could sound.
Walshy let him do it. Walshy is Jason Jones irl.
 

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
GhaleonEB said:
.

I don't think any of us will be shocked when the Halo 4 Beta is announced tied to CEA at HaloFest.
I will be because it is not in any way linked to the Halo 4 beta. Nor does such a thing exist at this time.
 
OuterWorldVoice said:
I will be because it is not in any way linked to the Halo 4 beta. Nor does such a thing exist at this time....BECAUSE IT IS IN FACT LINKED TO ODST 2 OUT THIS FEBRUARY FOR 19.99 ON XBOX LIVE!!!!
Frankie saves again!!!

Edit: I suppose it's also possible that the publisher of the game may offer access to the beta through Waypoint rather than through CEA.
 
OuterWorldVoice said:
I will be because it is not in any way linked to the Halo 4 beta. Nor does such a thing exist at this time.
Actually I will kind of be happy if there is never a Halo 4 beta, I want to play Halo 4 fresh from the get go :)

Also that way there will be less "The beta was better" posts lol
 

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
OuterWorldVoice said:
I will be because it is not in any way linked to the Halo 4 beta. Nor does such a thing exist at this time.
So what you're saying is, don't buy the CEA if you want the Halo 4 beta.


wwm0nkey said:
Actually I will kind of be happy if there is never a Halo 4 beta, I want to play Halo 4 fresh from the get go :)

Also that way there will be less "The beta was better" posts lol
The dino launcher was God-tier in the beta.
 
sly2thefox said:
The problem with the huge skill disparity and uneven matches in Reach has to blamed on Bungie. I hope 343i rectifies this problem. Rank weren't bad, just needed fixing. Also, with the abundance of forge maps, and changes to existing maps why didn't Bungie think of having an option for players to open up the map, notice where power weapons are and respawn times as well. Would certainly help beginners and even experienced players and understanding when weapons spawn.
Something like what Gears 3 is doing:
I love the way weapons are shown on the maps in GoW3. It would be nice to have in Halo4, but that's a minor aside from the bigger issues at hand.

And, Mr. O'Connor, who is that guy in your avatar? I know it's been asked before, but I've forgotten his significance other than he looks really happy.
 
I'd be very very surprised if they go completely without a Beta. It's their first game. They have to prove what they can do. People will be a lot more willing to give them money if they have already tried it.
 
MrBig said:
I'd be very very surprised if they go completely without a Beta. It's their first game. They have to prove what they can do. People will be a lot more willing to give them money if they have already tried it.
Frankie just likes to watch us squirm. And by squirm I mean speculate, then argue, then civil war, then hate, then anger, then yoda reference.

Unless 343 has the big hairy ones to believe that they've got Halo MP nailed down to the point that they don't need a practice run.
 
I still think it's very odd and awesome that we'll be playing Halo 4 next year, beta or no beta. Completely throws any expected timetable or fan speculated schedule for publicity out the window.

I'd have though Halofest would be the perfect place to announce a beta too but there we go. Guess they want to keep the focus on the stuff coming our way over the next few months instead and doing the Halo birthday bash. Either way we all win.

Bregmann Roche said:
Frankie just likes to watch us squirm. And by squirm I mean speculate, then argue, then civil war, then hate, then anger, then yoda reference.

Unless 343 has the big hairy ones to believe that they've got Halo MP nailed down to the point that they don't need a practice run.
Whilst it true that network performance and gameplay tweaks are a big part of any beta, something like a Halo beta is a marketing push as much as it would be anything else.

I'd think 343 would be happy tp keep the gameplay close to their chests for as long as possible but whether marketing can resist the lure of a beta is another thing.
 
MrBig said:
I'd be very very surprised if they go completely without a Beta. It's their first game. They have to prove what they can do. People will be a lot more willing to give them money if they have already tried it.
Exactly, they have released any games yet and have a good chunk of the studio that haven't worked on Halo before. I thought they would want to get as much bugs and glitches out of the game as possible for their first major release.

I'm sure alot of bugs in the Reach beta wouldn't have been found until after Reach launched.
 
A27 Tawpgun said:
Holy shit remind me to never step foot into a Halo thread on the gaming side. Was super close to making a long rant rage post.
It's not very surprising. This thread is a snapshot of opinions from people who play Halo a lot. I don't expect the people that don't to know all the nuances that make Reach a worse Halo game than others. People that play Halo once a year talk about it 'changing up the formula' because at a cursory glance, it's got established tropes that don't change from game to game. We know, as some very hardcore players, how dangerous fundamental changes can be. Average Joe Gaffer who plays through the campaign once and gets to Warrant Officer with MP then quits doesn't.

And of course, it gives the trolls to make their 'lol halo' post, but that happens with every popular franchise. This thread provides good insulation from that stuff normally.
 
GhaleonEB said:
My long running stealth campaign to get comment on the matter has proven successful.




Thanks for the info.
Did you offer something from my candy? THe whole candy was for you and your whole family. Not for him
The candy should arrive next week
 
Havok said:
It's not very surprising. This thread is a snapshot of opinions from people who play Halo a lot. I don't expect the people that don't to know all the nuances that make Reach a worse Halo game than others. People that play Halo once a year talk about it 'changing up the formula' because at a cursory glance, it's got established tropes that don't change from game to game. We know, as some very hardcore players, how dangerous fundamental changes can be. Average Joe Gaffer who plays through the campaign once and gets to Warrant Officer with MP then quits doesn't.

And of course, it gives the trolls to make their 'lol halo' post, but that happens with every popular franchise. This thread provides good insulation from that stuff normally.
Translation we're Halogaf and the minority. Over there you see that. So stay here.
 
wwm0nkey said:
Actually I will kind of be happy if there is never a Halo 4 beta, I want to play Halo 4 fresh from the get go :)

Also that way there will be less "The beta was better" posts lol
As nice as that is, 343 needs the beta to finalize the shaping of their Halo, if they're truthful about making the game the community wants. I'm looking forward to the beta and the reactions from all sides. I just know that 343, considering their future is Halo, in the face of criticism won't be allowed to afford going "cry some more" while just powering through release window to leave the contractual obligations behind, and will actually need to do some big changes where needed or the fanbase just won't be there with them for the whole trilogy.
 
The Real Napsta said:
I'm glad TP got top 8. Best man was playing pretty bad though.
Pretty bad is an understatement. TP kinda screwed themselves over by not beating sQ in pool play though, something that I'm pretty sure almost everyone thought would happen just because they had 5-1'd them at a pre-event LAN just a couple nights before.