• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

aj1467 said:
Does anyone find halo 1 flood to be kind of enjoyable to fight, compared to the flood in H2 & 3?
Whenever I go back to Halo 1 and fight the Flood, as compared to Halo 3, I always feel limited in the way I can fight them. No headshots and melee is useless against them. Halo 3 had the better Flood despite the long-range jerks.

GhaleonEB

aj1467 said:
Does anyone find halo 1 flood to be kind of enjoyable to fight, compared to the flood in H2 & 3?
I find Halo 3's iterations to be the most fun, and most diverse.

Halo 1's are fun to fight mostly because of the pistol and shotgun in that game are beastly.

feel

aj1467 said:
I only find them enjoyable to fight in HaloCE.

to elaborate, I don't enjoy tactical bullet placement against zombie enemy types, there's other enemies for that, against zombies I just want to focus on my positioning as I satisfyingly blast the swarming hordes with a shotgun upclose while trying not to get surrounded.

Tawpgun

Dax01 said:
Whenever I go back to Halo 1 and fight the Flood, as compared to Halo 3, I always feel limited in the way I can fight them. No headshots and melee is useless against them. Halo 3 had the better Flood despite the long-range jerks.

Nope. For 1 reason. No super shotgun of death.
Nah, I agree with you.

If Halo 4 has flood I hope it feels a lot more persistent and menacing. As in you have to headshot/destroy the infection form to kill it. Sort of like it was in Halo 3. But make them faster. That's the thing I miss about H2 flood. They were bulletsponges which I hated but their sheer speed made them scary.

Just finished removing the background from all screens (119 spartans in total), now I just have to put them all together.

Any advice on what wallpaper size should I use for the collage?

sc.jpg

Tawpgun

Gabotron ES said:
Just finished removing the background from all screens (119 spartans in total), now I just have to put them all together.

sc.jpg
Just make sure to feature the Spartan in the 3rd row, 2nd picture the most prominently as he is the best looking one.

Tawpgun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqSSdFW6oNI

This was posted on HBO. Ignore the terribly overplayed song. Man I wish I miss that feeling... getting Reach on launch and thinking it was going to be the best evar.

I still enjoy the game but man, what a buzzkill after the huge hype.

EDIT: Woah. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S-V_9Kuj6Y HaloPC mod where you play as a flood combat form. Very interesting concept. If Halo 4 does have flood this could be something cool to explore. Would be similar to L4D versus or Dead Space 2 MP.

Ramirez

Awesome Barlow said:
They were nice, a bit loud but nice. I think the think that made me decide not to come back once my Xbox froze during the match was when they said "Lets take a vote, whoever wants to play BTB yell into your mic!" and then they all started screaming.

Man, where do I sign up?

MrBig

Gabotron ES said:

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn170/gabotron18/sc.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Minimum is 1920x1080.

A27 Tawpgun said:

This was posted on HBO. Ignore the terribly overplayed song. Man I wish I miss that feeling... getting Reach on launch and thinking it was going to be the best evar.

EDIT: Woah. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S-V_9Kuj6Y HaloPC mod where you play as a flood combat form. Very interesting concept. If Halo 4 does have flood this could be something cool to explore. Would be similar to L4D versus or Dead Space 2 MP.

Any thoughts on if there will be CEA midnight launches at the major retailers?

Also that flood trailer is pretty cool. I would love to have seen the trilogy from the eyes of one of the flood. It would have been cool to learn more about Gravemind, such an interesting character.

A27 Tawpgun said:

Living dead, the campaign edition?

No joke last night I almost drunk posted confessing my love for Halo/Frankie/343/Bungie/Etc.

My girlfriend saw what I was doing and snatched the phone out of my hand... haha

In other news, PAX is ridiculously close! Cannot wait.

aj1467 said:
The introduction of the Flood in Halo: CE is still one of my favorite gaming experience. You don't have a lot of varieties to kill a Flood in CE, but still the whole atmosphere more than compensate for this. When I think about Flood in Halo 3 the level Cortana crosses my mind. Damn it. And the long-rang Flood form is frustating on Legendary. About Halo 2. It's okay. But one of the levels has maybe one of the best skyboxes in the trilogy. It took my breath away.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Reading. Latest book. That dude in the pic is not Jaime. Jaime is not working at 343.

Oh man you are way ahead of me. I just finished a Storm of Swords last week, and I'm looking to start A Feast for Crows soon, but part of me just doesn't want to read the series anymore lol.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Devin Olsen said:
No joke last night I almost drunk posted confessing my love for Halo/Frankie/343/Bungie/Etc.

My girlfriend saw what I was doing and snatched the phone out of my hand... haha

In other news, PAX is ridiculously close! Cannot wait.
Put a shirt on!

MrBig said:
If we get at least 8 people set up and working, connected before hand I'll set up a playlist
I'll be on around 9:00 PM EST.

I'm sure monkey will want to play as well, we should have no problem getting 8.

Edit: I don't have Tombstone or Desolation but I have the rest of the DLC.

Awesome Barlow said:
We need to make sure everyone is on the same version of Halo 2. v1.5 everyone?

Mine isn't updated at all, but I could still play with people who do have the updates.

At least that's what I assume.

Lets try and find Hypertrooper. (lol)

NsuCu.jpg

I really hope PAX doesn't end up resembling this... Does anyone know if they upped the capacity this year?

GhaleonEB

Devin Olsen said:

http://i.imgur.com/NsuCul.jpg

I really hope PAX doesn't end up resembling this... Does anyone know if they upped the capacity this year?
If they did, it would be due to expanding the number of locations the convention has spread out to.

In 2008 PAX had over 58,000 attendees

In 2009, PAX had 60,750 attendees

In 2010, PAX Prime sold out at 67,600​

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/disc...q-read-this-first-then-ask-all-questions-here

2011 attendees have not been announced yet, but the Washington Convention Center caps the number of attendees, so the only way the number can go up is if they added more space via other sites. But even then I wouldn't expect much of a bump; it shouldn't have better or worse crowds than last year.

GhaleonEB said:
If they did, it would be due to expanding the number of locations the convention has spread out to.

In 2008 PAX had over 58,000 attendees

In 2009, PAX had 60,750 attendees

In 2010, PAX Prime sold out at 67,600​

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/disc...q-read-this-first-then-ask-all-questions-here

2011 attendees have not been announced yet, but the Washington Convention Center caps the number of attendees, so the only way the number can go up is if they added more space via other sites. But even then I wouldn't expect much of a bump; it shouldn't have better or worse crowds than last year.
The only thing I think is HaloFest may really help break up the crowds... That and all of the panels.

feel

My Halo 2 is not showing version number on the main menu now, I could swear it used to say 1.5 (or 1.1)

any legal and clean way of updating it?? Same for the dlc maps, any way of getting them back? They are on my xbox360's harddrive but they do not appear in the game. (I used to fix this by redownloading them before OG xbl was shut down)

darthbob

Letters said:
My Halo 2 is not showing version number on the main menu now, I could swear it used to say 1.5 (or 1.1)

any legal and clean way of updating it?? Same for the dlc maps, any way of getting them back? They are on my xbox360's harddrive but they do not appear in the game. (I used to fix this by redownloading them before OG xbl was shut down)

I'm pretty sure you can still update the game by trying to connect to XBL. As for the maps...well, the multiplayer map pack is a possibility, as for the others, not so much.

Awesome Barlow said:
They were nice, a bit loud but nice. I think the thing that made me decide not to come back once my Xbox froze during the match was when they said "Lets take a vote, whoever wants to play BTB yell into your mic!" and then they all started screaming.
I'm not sure if a Waypoint guy or a GAFer started that. :lol :lol

Ramirez

Hey, I made twitter for PAX, probably won't be used until then, even if I use it then. :p Add me though, I mainly wanted it to keep up with you guys while there. @RamirezTJ

I already got a few of you by browsing Ellis' twitter.

Devin Olsen said:

I was only at the Community Night. But I'm lucky that I didn't attend the other days. In the last few years Saturday was the most crowded day. But I read that Thursday(the first day for the public) was crowded like saturday and according to Robbster you had to wait to play Halo 2 hours. Damn. Last year I waited only 10minutes to play Reach's firefight and that even on Saturday.

Ramirez said:
Hey, I made twitter for PAX, probably won't be used until then, even if I use it then. :p Add me though, I mainly wanted it to keep up with you guys while there. @RamirezTJ

I'm your first real and not a bot follower!

Merguson

Banned
My Xbox 360 is connected directly into the router.. I suppose I could try it...

I have Halo 1 and Halo 2.. I don't have the DLC for Halo 2 though.

Ramirez said:

Following.

BTW, if any GAFers want to follow me, its @Steelyuhas

Gui_PT

I don't have this Twitter you kids keep talking about.

Is it worth creating an account for the internet twittering?

Oy I feel old.

Top Bottom