• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

senador

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
I think we just iterated.

Edit: I can't sign into Bungie.net. When I click the sign in button on the top right corner, I'm redirected back to the front page.

Okay, now I got to the sign in page, and upon signing in, I'm taken to the front page again, where I'm not signed in. WTF.
The Windows Live cookie/session blows and is buggy. When this happens to me I reset my browser making sure cookies and cache are checked. Then I'll close and relaunch the browser.

Though lately when I go to xbox.com in Safari I get stuck in an endless loop where it tells
me my session is expired. Blurg.

GhaleonEB

senador said:
The Windows Live cookie/session blows and is buggy. When this happens to me I reset my browser making sure cookies and cache are checked. Then I'll close and relaunch the browser.
That's what I've been working on. I just deleted the cookies (live puts down like, six different ones) and closed then opened the browser and no dice, same deal. Going to keep trying. This is the first time I've been caught in this particular loop.

MrBig

I went to go exploring on TotS and I found out that the skybox Scarabs have collision, and this insane suction effect (I got launched up to the Banshees). I have to go now, but I'm going to find more stuff

senador

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
That's what I've been working on. I just deleted the cookies (live puts down like, six different ones) and closed then opened the browser and no dice, same deal. Going to keep trying. This is the first time I've been caught in this particular loop.
I wish they'd stabilize it. Sometimes I end up switching browsers for the day when I have Live login woes.

Oh, some browsers won't clear cookies for your Favorites/Bookmarks. You have to make sure to uncheck a cetain box for that. I think this is only IE though.

GhaleonEB

senador said:
I wish they'd stabilize it. Sometimes I end up switching browsers for the day when I have Live login woes.
Looks like I'm blocked out of bungie.net.

I've tried deleting all b.net and xbox.com / live.com cookies, signing out and then into xbox.com, restarting the browser with everything deleted, clearing all cookies, the works.

B.net asks me to sign in, and when I click the sign in button, I get the white screen asking me to continue. I do, and I'm back to the front page of b.net, still not signed in.

If I clear cookies, I can get to the sign in screen. But once I sign in, I'm back to the front page, not signed in.

Aggravating. I'll try again tonight.

I'm on the latest Firefox, FWIW.

FyreWulff

MrBig said:
I went to go exploring on TotS and I found out that the skybox Scarabs have collision, and this insane suction effect (I got launched up to the Banshees). I have to go now, but I'm going to find more stuff

Reminds me of how the Halo 2 scarab would also suck you upwards if you jumped while it was going over you in New Mombasa.

Blinding

senador said:

Though lately when I go to xbox.com in Safari I get stuck in an endless loop where it tells
me my session is expired. Blurg.

When that happens I just go to Live.com, see if it has me signed in, if it does, I sign out and sign back in, if not then I just simply sign in, that seems to always fix the issue for me.

senador

Banned
GhaleonEB said:

I've tried deleting all b.net and xbox.com / live.com cookies, signing out and then into xbox.com, restarting the browser with everything deleted, clearing all cookies, the works.

B.net asks me to sign in, and when I click the sign in button, I get the white screen asking me to continue. I do, and I'm back to the front page of b.net, still not signed in.

If I clear cookies, I can get to the sign in screen. But once I sign in, I'm back to the front page, not signed in.

A few more things...

1. If you have any windows or tabs open that are using the Live ID it should but may not clear the cookies. I'd close all windows for good measure.

2. If you are clearly manually you may have missed oddly named cookies. Clear all if so.

3. "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" No but seriously. Also try closing all windows/tabs, clearing cookies, close FF, then restart the machine.

4. What Blinding said. You could login at live.com or xbox.com first then head to bnet.

Hopefully one of these helps. Sorry man.

Karl2177 said:
Awesome, OT5. Who's going to start the first complaining-fest? I nominate the lack of good maps.
well it's hard to make a good map if jetpacks immediately break them

someone had to do it

Hello OT5,

so you will be my new love. The thread we will talk about Halo 4, Halo: CE A news and TU stories, that we are going to get at HaloFEST, ComicCon or GamesCom.

GhaleonEB said:

I get the same problem sometimes. I think that windows live sign in is just not fully compatible with the new firefox. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

ElRenoRaven

thezerofire said:
well it's hard to make a good map if jetpacks immediately break them

someone had to do it

I know you kid but you really are right. That's just one of many reason's I hate freaking armor abilites. Map's mean shit anymore because oh look at me. I don't need to use ramps, hallways, etc. I'll just go UP UP and AWAY!! WOOOSH!

feel

Botolf said:
By and large I agree with the post you quoted and this post itself, but I also verymuchso agree with this bit I bolded. I'd make it red if I knew how.
Reach's online won't stop working the day Halo 4 hits. Noone is taking nothing away from you guys, you can jetpack there all you want.

Karl2177

Dear Hitmonchan/Louis Wu,

In the following headline(?) you say to mute your audio. Is someone not a fan of Justice? Personally, I'd love to see more montages using Justice music.

Sincerely, Karl
A healthy obsession
Hitmonchan needs to take a break from newsposting for a bit - but he couldn't resist sending along a huge batch of farewell links. Check out these videos!

-Straight Outta Bloodgulch is a music parody from JT Machinima - language is not safe for work, but this is pretty funny!
-IGN's Top Ten Reach Kills for July 13 has some silly stuff - but a few are great. (I liked the fusion-barrel-wipes-out-AL clip... and the #1 clip ROCKS.)
-The Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption mod Sci-Fi at War has added some new Halo units - take a look!
-Schwang and Sizzle put together The Dual, a Halo PC dualtage. Fair warning - mute your audio.
-And the best of the bunch (according to both Hitmonchan and me) - Mega Bloks has kicked off their Toymation Contest, and the promo video is simply spectacular. Go watch - and then join in the fun!

Yes, it's true. He's addicted to Halo news.

BTW, That was a pretty sweet montage. I don't know how you guys can dig up with so much Halo stuff in a day, and I do thank you guys for doing it. :D

PsychoRaven said:
I know you kid but you really are right. That's just one of many reason's I hate freaking armor abilites. Map's mean shit anymore because oh look at me. I don't need to use ramps, hallways, etc. I'll just go UP UP and AWAY!! WOOOSH!
and then proceed to rain grenades. It is a point I agree with, but I'm tired of the whole debate so I wanted to make it lighthearted.

Louis Wu

Karl2177 said:

In the following headline(?) you say to mute your audio. Is someone not a fan of Justice? Personally, I'd love to see more montages using Justice music.
That comment was mine. I don't know who Justice is - but I know that my speakers nearly blew out with the distortion that started that montage. Pissed me off.

Sai-kun

Banned
Karl2177 said:

Sincerely, Karl

Holy shit. Waters of Nazareth made that entire montage way more awesome than it needed to be. I wouldn't say muting audio is necessary, but it's not the kind of song you want blasting out of your speakers, unless you love it already like I do, lol :p <3 justice

Louis Wu

Sai-kun said:
Holy shit. Waters of Nazareth made that entire montage way more awesome than it needed to be. I wouldn't say muting audio is necessary, but it's not the kind of song you want blasting out of your speakers, unless you love it already like I do, lol :p <3 justice
According to the comments for the vid, the bit that pissed me off wasn't Justice at all - it was Intro by Oceana.

senador said:
Pretty sure this was a glitch, but it looks like I threw the sword to myself.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=19990635&player=SenadorKooch
That was awesome. :)

Sibylus

Banned
Letters said:
Reach's online won't stop working the day Halo 4 hits. Noone is taking nothing away from you guys, you can jetpack there all you want.
And by the same stroke, Halo 3 and 2 are still in existence (even if matchmaking is no longer there for the latter). I don't know about you, but the thought of the series direction going forward being a colossal navel-gaze is not a pleasant one. Learn from the past, certainly, but don't idolize it.

Tawpgun

Oh man. This discussion again. No way I'll be able to say all I want on my phone. But I think its an important discussion since its the future of this franchise.

feel

Botolf said:
And by the same stroke, Halo 3 and 2 are still in existence (even if matchmaking is no longer there for the latter). I don't know about you, but the thought of the series direction going forward being a colossal navel-gaze is not a pleasant one. Learn from the past, certainly, but don't idolize it.
Yep. Don't get too attached to a single game inclusion that made great map design and navigation irrelevant.

GhaleonEB said:

Use IE for anything to do with Live and you should be good.

Karl2177

Louis Wu said:
According to the comments for the vid, the bit that pissed me off wasn't Justice at all - it was Intro by Oceana.
No, it was Justice. The Cross album goes from one song to the other very well, and the song before it is named Stress so the transition seems stressful. I can understand muting at first, but after the part that pissed you off, it gets awesome. Another thing in that video that I thought was awesome was the player named #chromeo, which is another band I've been listening to lately.

This now has me looking for montages with Justice.

Falagard

Botolf said:

I want new weapons, new vehicles, new maps. I want a better version of Forge. I like assassinations.

I want a refined version of equipment and armor abilities. I can think of many ways that a combination of Halo 3 equipment and Halo Reach armor abilities could be made fun. Rather than have them at spawn as part of your loadout, you pick them up (possible in Reach, but make this the rule, rather than the exception). Some are one time use only, etc.

Most importantly, I want the core gameplay to be fun. I can definitely imagine a mix of Halo 3, Halo 2 and Halo Reach being the most fun. Movement speed, jump height, vehicle health attached to player health, bloom removed, assassinations, a refined combination of equipment and armor abilities, etc.

Looking back at what was best from previous games and improving it is smart.

Do it 343.

Hello OT5, new paint smell.

Played some awesome games of Snipes today, got four killing frenzy's and a be the bullet.

i updated my Bungie Pro subscription today, will I definately get a full six months of use or are Bungie cutting the cord sooner than that?

PsychoRaven said:
Why do you hate freedom?

How can anybody have a problem with soaring like a bird (*Return to the Battlefield*), bounding over obstacles (*Return to the Battlefield*), taking in the views and wide vistas (*Return to the Battlefield*), and landing as softly as a fallen flower petal?

NullPointer said:
Why do you hate freedom?

How can anybody have a problem with soaring like a bird (*Return to the Battlefield*), bounding over obstacles (*Return to the Battlefield*), taking in the views and wide vistas (*Return to the Battlefield*), and landing as softly as a fallen flower petal?
because it destroys map flow

dammit are we really starting this again?

I saw nothing wrong with Grav Lifts. Does pretty much the same thing as jetpacks in that it lets you access higher parts of the map, but they aren't permanent.

Sibylus

Banned
Letters said:
Yep. Don't get too attached to a single game inclusion that made great map design and navigation irrelevant.
In a number of cases, certainly (remakes in particular). The reason I want to see it again is because of a fair degree of untapped potential, of which we only saw glimmers in Reach. In some BTB and campaign spaces designed with it in mind, it's a real joy and opened up novel possibilities and navigation. I'd be more than happy to see it included in a narrower fashion than here, as a situational feature for specific map types and modes, because that's where it shines to begin with.

Sai-kun

Banned
Karl2177 said:
No, it was Justice. The Cross album goes from one song to the other very well, and the song before it is named Stress so the transition seems stressful. I can understand muting at first, but after the part that pissed you off, it gets awesome. Another thing in that video that I thought was awesome was the player named #chromeo, which is another band I've been listening to lately.

This now has me looking for montages with Justice.

Chromeo <3 Can we be Halo soulmates? You have awesome taste in music.

Tawpgun

NullPointer said:
Why do you hate freedom?

Because maps get fucked over because of it. Goddamn do I love using the Jetpack. It feels so good. But it makes map design irrelevant when you can jetpack everywhere. Remember the grav lift on highground? It let you leap right over the wall to the enemy base. With Jetpack everyone can breach based all the time ololololol.

Botolf said:
In a number of cases, certainly (remakes in particular). The reason I want to see it again is because of a fair degree of untapped potential, of which we only saw glimmers in Reach. In some BTB and campaign spaces designed with it in mind, it's a real joy and opened up novel possibilities and navigation. I'd be more than happy to see it included in a narrower fashion than here, as a situational feature for specific map types and modes, because that's where it shines to begin with.
Armor Abilities would be much less maligned if they weren't available all the time for everyone. The jack-of-all-trades approach to maps and gametypes really needs to stop.

And if anyone who can affect change is listening, please find a way to make AA's pickups in Firefight. I can do well enough to go for a long time without dying, and it would be cool to be able to swap out Sprint for something else without having to suicide.

A27 Tawpgun said:
Because maps get fucked over because of it. Goddamn do I love using the Jetpack. It feels so good. But it makes map design irrelevant when you can jetpack everywhere. Remember the grav lift on highground? It let you leap right over the wall to the enemy base. With Jetpack everyone can breach based all the time ololololol.
man I loved the grav lift. warthog coming at you full speed. loooooool

It's been three weeks since Dan Ayoub tweeted that the next Sparkcast was done, and it's been three weeks since David Ellis stipulated that we'd have to wait two weeks to get it.

Has anyone at 343i given an update on the delay?

Top Bottom