• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Ramirez

Trasher said:
Or blame yourself for playing Reach. trollface.jpg

I had a ton of laughs, among my perfections, Blood managed to go negative most of the time. :p
Blood blaming beer in 5..4..3..2..1

Quick Question:

- How many confirmed Golden Tickets have we heard of?

The only person with a ticket I've heard of so far is gearheadbean. Have you guys seen any other posts?

I'm just trying to figure out if all seven tickets were in the Swag Bags or if there are still some remaining. I'm typing up a quick paragraph on this "One of Seven" mystery to add to my Destiny article.

Ugh...watching all those youtube vids of Halo 3 BTB just makes me sad. I tried playing some Halo 3 a few days ago...laggy mess as expected. Long wait times between games...as expected...

Save us so-and-so...

ncsuDuncan said:
Quick Question:

The only person with a ticket I've heard of so far is gearheadbean. Have you guys seen any other posts?

I'm just trying to figure out if all seven tickets were in the Swag Bags or if there are still some remaining. I'm typing up a quick paragraph on this "One of Seven" mystery to add to my Destiny article.
This is the first I've heard of the tickets. Nobody else who has posted their swag bag contents mentioned anything about a golden ticket.

GhaleonEB

ncsuDuncan said:
Quick Question:

Seven went out, and we know that all swag bags have likewise gone out. So they're probably in the wild, though I have not seen any others mention it. Probably a mix of people who don't post a lot online, and Bungie asked them to keep quiet about it. If I had gotten one, I certainly wouldn't say anything.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
I had a ton of laughs, among my perfections, Blood managed to go negative most of the time. :p
Blood blaming beer in 5..4..3..2..1
How about this: I will go to PAX if you promise to get drunk with me, Blood, and Eazy. Deal?! :p

Then we can play Halo and you can see for yourself it isn't so easy while under the influence!

xxjuicesxx said:
What the hell is this garbage grey block map in MLG? Cmon.
I'd ask you to be more descriptive...but you probably nailed it.

Ok, no more bitterness from me. There are several forge maps that I like in Reach.

GhaleonEB said:
Seven went out, and we know that all swag bags have likewise gone out. So they're probably in the wild, though I have not seen any others mention it. Probably a mix of people who don't post a lot online, and Bungie asked them to keep quiet about it. If I had gotten one, I certainly wouldn't say anything.

What is a golden ticket?

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:
I wonder how many have been thrown out so far. el oh el

Risen

xxjuicesxx said:
What the hell is this garbage grey block map in MLG? Cmon.

Wait 'till they show Android again... lol but seriously, both play well - even if a ton of people don't like them.

Bregmann Roche said:
I'd ask you to be more descriptive...but you probably nailed it.

Ok, no more bitterness from me. There are several forge maps that I like in Reach.
I would like to know these "good" forge maps.

GhaleonEB

Trasher said:
I wonder how many have been thrown out so far. el oh el
I had that thought. Would sad and hilarious if like, two people turn them in next July. I'm guessing most will show up though. If they were in tune enough to get a first round swag bag, they are probably an active fan paying some attention.

Trasher

xxjuicesxx said:
Gym Tan Donging would absolutely cleanse these BK's. Wheres Tashi didn't he compete?
I believe he's going to Raleigh. Not sure though.

GhaleonEB said:
I had that thought. Would sad and hilarious if like, two people turn them in next July. I'm guessing most will show up though. If they were in tune enough to get a first round swag bag, they are probably an active fan paying some attention.
I hope so haha.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:

Unless they were given away as gifts to children or relatives (possible due to the high amount of action figures included).

Easy to imagine some of the tickets being lost, dumped or forgotten about. I doubt all 7 will be claimed, almost sure of it statistically speaking.

Nutter

Trasher said:
How about this: I will go to PAX if you promise to get drunk with me, Blood, and Eazy. Deal?! :p

Then we can play Halo and you can see for yourself it isn't so easy while under the influence!
Yeah and also get pooped on by some 8 year old MLG kid at Pax. :p

I still cant believe you guys lost that.. I should have stayed on sunday to play. ;)

Dani said:
Unless they were given away as gifts to children or relatives (possible due to the high amount of action figures included).

Easy to imagine some of the tickets being lost, dumped or forgotten about. I doubt all 7 will be claimed, almost sure of it statistically speaking.
What about the bags that were sold by the company on Amazon? Did Bungie keep track of those orders?

Trasher

Nutter said:
Yeah and also get pooped on by some 8 year old MLG kid at Pax. :p

I still cant believe you guys lost that.. I should have stayed on sunday to play. ;)
Never again.

Well Jeff hadn't seriously played Halo in a year probably. You being there probably wouldn't have helped much, bro. Everyone has the same connection on a LAN. :p

GhaleonEB

Dani said:

The wording on the ticket and website it led to would have been sufficient for me to freak the fuck out and put it in a lock box at home, personally. But as I said, even then I'm not expecting all seven to make it through to redemption. It could have been a siren with flashing lights that went off with an announcer (Steitzer?) belting out "Wintacular" and some people will not get it/lose it/etc. We'd dealing with people here.

The problem with the huge skill disparity and uneven matches in Reach has to blamed on Bungie. I hope 343i rectifies this problem. Rank weren't bad, just needed fixing. Also, with the abundance of forge maps, and changes to existing maps why didn't Bungie think of having an option for players to open up the map, notice where power weapons are and respawn times as well. Would certainly help beginners and even experienced players and understanding when weapons spawn.
Something like what Gears 3 is doing:
Checkout%2B-%2Bmap%2Blayout--article_image.jpg

Trasher

A27_StarWolf said:
Love when my post is ignored.

I've never heard of these golden tickets before, what are they, and what do they do.
People already answered it to the best of their ability in previous posts.

Captain Blood said:
What is the story with these golden tickets? I did a search but didn't return anything.

Edit:
This is all I could find but maybe there isn't much more info.
http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?cid=31904

Hypertrooper said:
We don't really know, what the Golden tickets are. We just know, that there are 7 and the owners should keep them till BungieDay '12.
Maybe you shouldn't ignore posts in this thread eh? :)

Top Bottom