• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
JB1981 said:
i have been out of the loop for a while .... is there somewhere i can read the gameplay changes that will be made to the next title update. it seems like this is like some kind of savior update or something ....

Changes and additions will be announced at halo fest. Or rather, discussed.

wwm0nkey

OuterWorldVoice said:
ixa5v5.gif

OuterWorldVoice said:
That gets me excited!!! Already knew there would be additions, and was scared there would be no changes to existing playlists. I guess I've become a believer in Frankie.

Risen

Hypertrooper said:
The most disappointing team was TP. I had hopes for them and really wanted to see TP vs. Instinct.

Walshy needed to not add Best Man... he's been old and busted for a while in terms of top talent. He's a shadow of himself in H2.

GhaleonEB said:
The problem is it's very hard to spread 16 players across that map, and without movement aids (teleporters, man cannons) if you spawn on the phase 1 side of things, it can be a lonely trek over to where the action is. It's just way to sprawling a space for traditional Halo BTB.

I find the entire Boneyard area quite perplexing. It's huge, intricate and detailed, yet most of the space is unused in both multiplayer and Campaign.

Yeah it truly is quite an oddly designed map. I guess in Invasion it comes relatively close to most of the map being used, but it still has some oddities.

Risen said:
Walshy needed to not add Best Man... he's been old and busted for a while in terms of top talent. He's a shadow of himself in H2.
Yeah. He is the oldest player this weekend I think?

OMG. They haven't noticed Pistol? He shot three times with the sniper...

Tawpgun

This is what we call the Halo Anxiety Phase.

That set of time right before a confirmed major Halo event.

Stay strong, Spartans.

A27 Tawpgun said:

Stay strong, Spartans.
I'll hopefully meet some 343i peeps at GC, and will drink some German beer with them. And after german beer you have always to tell the truth to a German person. So I'll be asking about the TU. *lol*
It would be awesome if that were the case

Risen

Hypertrooper said:
Yeah. He is the oldest player this weekend I think?

OMG. They haven't noticed Pistol? He shot three times with the sniper...

I was definitely talking about Best Man being old and busted and a shadow of his former self. Walshy is much improved at this time in Reach over the end of H3.

Walsh was pretty valuable in their run this event. Best Man was terrible... I think if they had a guy like Crimsix they'd have ended up top 4-6 pretty easily.

Havok

Hey You said:
The entire boneyard should be used, not just where 2nd/3rd phase is.
The area they're using is fine, but they're using the wrong parts of it. Stair spawn is a total joke, and the fact that the rest of the map isn't blocked off is just incredibly silly. If it actually used the base structure, it could be something of merit (but then there's that Reach trend of not using the logical base structures for whatever reason). Block off the entire ship structure, attacking teams spawn behind the big wall. Boneyard is three or four times bigger than it has any right to be. I'm all in favor of leaving the terrible first phase area behind, considering that fully half of the attacking spawn area is a deathtrap.

Risen said:
I was definitely talking about Best Man being old and busted and a shadow of his former self. Walshy is much improved at this time in Reach over the end of H3.

Walsh was pretty valuable in their run this event. Best Man was terrible... I think if they had a guy like Crimsix they'd have ended up top 4-6 pretty easily.
Argh. I didn't know that Best Man is a player. The only person I care about was Walshy at TP. I wasn't real into MLG at Halo 2 times. (But I guess these were the best MLG times.)

Btw. is tashi permabanned?

kylej

Banned
Gotta give the announcers and the players a break. I know I'm a total zombie after playing Halo for hours on end, and I'm not hyper focused and yelling callouts the entire time like these dudes. Can only imagine how burned out they are by the end of the weekend.

Hey SQ

1charmin-bear-7174261.jpg

A few of you have PMed me expressing interest in the graphic intro for HBO videos.

HBO isn't my site, although I love it like it is. Since this could be something that other people would use, I think having a few choices would be great. The HBO staff could hold a vote for the one they'd like to use.

If this interests you, go ahead and shoot me another PM. Final designs should be in no later than Aug. 17. The winner will be announced shortly thereafter.

You can submit more than one design, though keep in mind that quality is usually better than quantity.

I don't have anything in the way of prizes right now, but I could throw something together if that would encourage more people to participate.

I know you guys are busy, so I'd like to say thanks in advance for your help. I really appreciate it.

Kibbles

A27 Tawpgun said:

Stay strong, Spartans.
I'm already dying and it's a month away.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
wwm0nkey said:
I just mean that we will talk about them in depth, rather than have some list. We are looking at how we make those things playable and obvious at Halo Fest. Some of them would be pretty obvious, and players would be all, 'I get it, I will ask questions about it at the panel.' Some of them might be too subtle to notice or appreciate in a ten minute Team Slayer game.

The guys who implemented these changes really did some kick ass work.

As the changes roll out, some of them will prove more popular than others, so it will be a while before you'll see the changes settle into broad playlist changes across Reach. But we will certainly be pretty aggressive about rolling them out in 'classic'playlists. If soe,thing is just universally loved immediately, then it can be quickly rolled into regular Reach gameplay. One feature in particular, I think, will be pushed put and embraced fairly quickly.

OuterWorldVoice said:
I just mean that we will talk about them in depth, rather than have some list. We are looking at how we make those things playable and obvious at Halo Fest. Some of them would be pretty obvious, and players would be all, 'I get it, I will ask questions about it at the panel.' Some of them might be too subtle to notice or appreciate in a ten minute Team Slayer game.

As the changes roll out, some of them will prove more popular than others, so it will be a while before you'll see the changes settle into broad playlist changes across Reach. But we will certainly be pretty aggressive about rolling them out in 'classic'playlists. If soe,thing is just universally loved immediately, then it can be quickly rolled into regular Reach gameplay. One feature in particular, I think, will be pushed put and embraced fairly quickly.
Not a tease at gamescom for European players? (will Halo:CE:A be playable at GamesCom at all?)

Tawpgun

OuterWorldVoice said:

So good.

Also, quick question to anyone who might know...

what font is this?

343_textonly_resize.jpg

wwm0nkey

OuterWorldVoice said:

Well that was more of a response than I was expecting :)

Really can not wait till Halo Fest now.

Trasher

Captain Blood said:
"But they sure are doing a good job of mocking him Chris, a lot of mocking going on."
Lololol

We need to somehow go to MLG and make this happen. We'd be fan favorites for sure! Everyone loves a good trainwreck.

FyreWulff

wwm0nkey said:
Im pretty sure most of us figured that one out lol

I hope they're options exposed to us and we're not at the mercy of the crowd liking them or not (or hoping someone scripts a gametype that uses them) if we want to access them, though.

Also, while it isn't being discussed I wish 343 would make the two released map packs free and allow them to be integrated into every playlist. Would be great gesture towards the community and help also reduce the amount grey dull forge maps. I know M$ wouldn't want it but considering I can count in one hand the amount of decent maps available on the disk, this would help immensely.

wwm0nkey

sly2thefox said:
Also, while it isn't being discussed I wish 343 would make the two released map packs free and allow them to be integrated into every playlist. Would be great gesture towards the community and help also reduce the amount grey dull forge maps. I know M$ wouldn't want it but considering I can count in one hand the amount of decent maps available on the disk, this would help immensely.
That or just make them 80 space bucks, they cant be free because of achievements but I dont think anyone would have a problem with paying a buck

FyreWulff

sly2thefox said:

DLC that unlocks achievements can never be made free, which is MS policy. And has no hint of ever changing currently.

I also always thought it was stupid that an artificial award is artificially limited :lol So stupid that developers are limited to like, 3-4 achievements with each DLC because of the 250 GS limit per DLC release. Whereas on Steam you can just add however many achievements you want post-launch. Because there isn't a 'score limit' imposed by the platform holder..

MrBig

sly2thefox said:
The current executives at MS are hardliners against any and all free content.

wwm0nkey

FyreWulff said:
I hope they're options exposed to us and we're not at the mercy of the crowd liking them or not (or hoping someone scripts a gametype that uses them) if we want to access them, though.
I really hope this is the case.

GhaleonEB

OuterWorldVoice said:

*checks calendar*

Dammit.

Very curious about that change.

feel

Yes!!! Frank not holding back in the classic playlists, salvation will be vigorous and deep! Can't wait for Halofest. That first classic+ bloomless Reach gameplay vid to surface filmed offscreen with a shitty cellphone will be glorious! I might cry.

edit- we're gonna need the csi vegas crew to enhance that ^

Top Bottom