• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Kuroyume said:
There's nothing wrong with the range of the DMR. If you're getting killed by it constantly in BTB then it's because you probably don't know how to move around properly and you're running out in the open like a fool.

Yeah it's not like the game spawns you outside of your base hundreds of feet away.

Oh wait.

So are we going to arrange anything to meetup Thursday night? It would be cool to meet everyone before pax and perhaps make a plan to meet Friday morning in the pane lineup.

Homeboyd

-Yeti said:
will Ghaleon still be able to make it?
Jamie-Foxx-Collateral.3.jpg

In 10 years, when has he not?

Hypertrooper said:
Can we make it to OT7 before HaloFest without spamming? mmh.

Good games guys! Best quote was:
"Netflix is liberty!"

Do you understand what Netflix is now :lol

How we got from freedom to, ehh, the things we were talking about...

I just figured I would ask this question; Am I the only one who thinks the pistol (without bloom) would be the absolute ideal spawning weapon for basically all gametypes? Even in BTB it would still have some range but not quite the range of the DMR so you can't cross-map people. I asked this because I don't think I'm the only one who thinks this.

Karl2177

Devin Olsen said:
Lol so I was just at a gas station and the attendant was like "nice shirt" and without thinking I was like "thanks". Until I realized what shirt I was wearing...
http://i.imgur.com/uqHfEl.jpg[/mg]

This is the first time I've ever had anyone recognize what this shirt was. How about you guys? When/if you're wearing obscure halo/Bungie shirts do you get comments on them?[/QUOTE]
I had a security guard at the White House recognize my Bungie Aerospace shirt. Proudest moment of that trip [spoiler]aside from making the Washington Monument my shlong[/spoiler].

Karl2177 said:
I had a security guard at the White House recognize my Bungie Aerospace shirt. Proudest moment of that trip
aside from making the Washington Monument my shlong
bonus points if you shop the monument into a curve

Devin Olsen said:
If he drop boxes the template and then uses his phone at pax he could easily make the post.
Yeah true.

Even though a lot of people will be at PAX, I still think the people that usually don't post often will come post in this thread. However, there is always the new thread for new news rule, so most discussion might be in Gaming.

Sean P.

Devin Olsen said:
So are we going to arrange anything to meetup Thursday night? It would be cool to meet everyone before pax and perhaps make a plan to meet Friday morning in the pane lineup.

I'm down

BigShow36 said:
Sad thing is I live an hour away from PAX but I have no pass, and don't want to spend $300 on one.
I think Devin Olsen has still two 3Day passes and is selling them for $150. It's a good price in my opinion.

MrDaravon

Very stupid question, but I am apparently retarded and can't find it anywhere: does anyone know where on earth I can see the specific maps/gametypes/weighting are for Reach playlists right now? All the links I found directing to it on the Bungie site just go to the main Reach page where I don't see it anywhere, and I couldn't find anything on Waypoint either (which is where I assumed it had gone).

Since tashi's team passed it up I have no qualms about giving this out to halogaf for avs/sigs or whatever. If you want one with your name just tell me.

8F3jv.png

GhaleonEB

I'm not coming up until Friday morning, so I can't make a Thursday night gathering.

Does anyone know where the Pegasus Theatre will be this year? Some theaters are outside of PAX in nearby hotels and auxiliary buildings, and you don't go through the PAX line to get into them. My plan is to line up there first if it's outside the convention center - but I can't find where it is this year. My plan is to be in line for it at 8:00.

Tunavi said:
NOOOOOO

t got locked. :(
Hah. The girl in this pic is my daughter; that's our pet tarantula, Emily. Made me smile to see it as one of GAF's staple spider thread pics.

GhaleonEB said:
I'm not coming up until Friday morning, so I can't make a Thursday night gathering.

Does anyone know where the Pegasus Theatre will be this year? Some theaters are outside of PAX in nearby hotels and auxiliary buildings, and you don't go through the PAX line to get into them. My plan is to line up there first if it's outside the convention center - but I can't find where it is this year.

Hah. The girl in this pic is my daughter; that's our pet tarantula, Emily. Made me smile to see it as one of GAF's staple spider thread pics.
too cute

GhaleonEB said:

Does anyone know where the Pegasus Theatre will be this year? Some theaters are outside of PAX in nearby hotels and auxiliary buildings, and you don't go through the PAX line to get into them. My plan is to line up there first if it's outside the convention center - but I can't find where it is this year. My plan is to be in line for it at 8:00.

Haha I thought she looked familiar. I lurk the candy swap thread and I remember you posting a pic of your daughters with the candy :lol

Btw, your daughter is braver than I. o_O

Would not touch that spider with a 10 foot pole.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Nice to see the discussion still going. Sadly I have nothing else to add because like normal GhaleonEB was in my head and worded the argument perfectly.

GhaleonEB said:

Pegasus Theatre is a fictional theatre? :/

-Yeti said:
Haha I thought she looked familiar. I lurk the candy swap thread and I remember you posting a pic of your daughters with the candy :lol

Are you jealous, what he got from me?

Havok

SailorDaravon said:
Very stupid question, but I am apparently retarded and can't find it anywhere: does anyone know where on earth I can see the specific maps/gametypes/weighting are for Reach playlists right now? All the links I found directing to it on the Bungie site just go to the main Reach page where I don't see it anywhere, and I couldn't find anything on Waypoint either (which is where I assumed it had gone).
I don't believe a page like that exists anymore. It's unfortunate.

GhaleonEB

-Yeti said:

I'm the only person in our house to have petted it. And I'm the arachnaphobic one!

Tunavi said:
I'LL MAKE UP FOR THEIR ABSENCE GOD DAMNIT

Best not visit OT then!

Put me in the camp that would welcome a 2x scope or at least something that mitigates the DMR's range now that it will be bloomless (in certain playlists). Tashi, I'm not quite sure why you're so adamant on keeping the 3x scope. By your own admission, you pretty much only play MLG, a playlist in which the maps are exclusively small to mid sized and therefore would be unaffected by a reduction in the scope of the DMR. If anything, it would increase the skill required because you couldn't zoom from one side of the map to the other and let the aim assist do all the work. If the scope was indeed reduced (a speculative solution at this point) that wouldn't mean the range of the gun would be reduced - an important distinction to make.

I certainly wouldn't blame the DMR solely for the malaise of btb though. The primary culprit for that is the maps (or the paucity of them). At launch, we were given two maps that were btb maps first and foremost - Hemorrhage and Paradiso. Paradiso is just straight up bad map design, I don't think it would play particularly well in any Halo game past or present. Hemorrhage is too large. With base movement as slow as it is, sprint is the only option and even then it feels tedious to traverse. There are MAJOR imbalance issues in favour of Red base (which become laughable when played in a hardcore gametype like team snipers). Of course, the Hog being made of 18th century porcelain doesn't help the map.

Breakpoint is a tremendous Invasion map (the only map where Invasion feels right, I might add) and it could work well in certain btb gametypes given some tweaks (one instance of outrageous thoughtlessness in it's current weapon placement is one side having a laser and the other not)

Highlands could quite possibly be the best btb map in the game. It seems like it would play optimally with 8v8. I wouldn't know though because the map has never appeared when i've played btb :z
In 5v5 I have never seen a team reach 75 kills on the map.

Woorloog

Banned
Urgh, how many hours i've played? Good games everyone, love playing with competent players for a change. I hope it doesn't bother you that i don't talk much.
EDIT it seems that i've played some 5 and half hours straight. It's 2:40AM here.

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
thee henery said:
Best not visit OT then!

Put me in the camp that would welcome a 2x scope or at least something that mitigates the DMR's range now that it will be bloomless (in certain playlists). Tashi, I'm not quite sure why you're so adamant on keeping the 3x scope. By your own admission, you pretty much only play MLG, a playlist in which the maps are exclusively small to mid sized and therefore would be unaffected by a reduction in the scope of the DMR. If anything, it would increase the skill required because you couldn't zoom from one side of the map to the other and let the aim assist do all the work. If the scope was indeed reduced (a speculative solution at this point) that wouldn't mean the range of the gun would be reduced - an important distinction to make.

I certainly wouldn't blame the DMR solely for the malaise of btb though. The primary culprit for that is the maps (or the paucity of them). At launch, we were given two maps that were btb maps first and foremost - Hemorrhage and Paradiso. Paradiso is just straight up bad map design, I don't think it would play particularly well in any Halo game past or present. Hemorrhage is too large. With base movement as slow as it is, sprint is the only option and even then it feels tedious to traverse. There are MAJOR imbalance issues in favour of Red base (which become laughable when played in a hardcore gametype like team snipers). Of course, the Hog being made of 18th century porcelain doesn't help the map.

Breakpoint is a tremendous Invasion map (the only map where Invasion feels right, I might add) and it could work well in certain btb gametypes given some tweaks (one instance of outrageous thoughtlessness in it's current weapon placement is one side having a laser and the other not)

Highlands could quite possibly be the best btb map in the game. It seems like it would play optimally with 8v8. I wouldn't know though because the map has never appeared when i've played btb :z
In 5v5 I have never seen a team reach 75 kills on the map.

You're missing out on Highlands. Such a nice map. Well would be if it weren't for the over abundance of power weapons on the map.

Just rendered a clip I made a few days ago that I believe is showing some form of grenade magnetism (only had enough for SD render, forgive me), followed by an absolutely ridiculous lunge that can only be attributed to lag.

The clip

Oh, and I believe the frag grenade I threw goes straight, lands as it should, then bounces to the right and follows the poor bastard sprinting past the doorway. Also, my thumb did all the talking when I was hit with that ridiculous melee lunge, my crosshair/aim goes crazy because I can't believe what the fuck just happened.

GhaleonEB

Forgive if this has been pointed out, I just now saw the update:

With less than two weeks until Halo Fest, many of you are finalizing your travel plans to (mostly) sunny Seattle, WA. As you know, Halo Fest will be held in the Washington State Convention Center 3rd Floor Annex, which has a separate outdoor entrance that will take you directly to the Halo Fest space.​
Pic and address at the link. Still no word on wher the Pegasus Theater is, last year is was across the street in a hotel.

Hypertrooper said:
Are you jealous, what he got from me?
Yes! I've always wanted to do a candy swap, but I'm afraid of the shipping costs. Perhaps next year. :/

And Ghaleon, you are crazy for petting that spider!

PsychoRaven said:
You're missing out on Highlands. Such a nice map. Well would be if it weren't for the over abundance of power weapons on the map.
It's ok. It would be better if one base wasn't entirely downhill of the other, and it being completely open in between

Top Bottom