• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Tawpgun

Stripper13 said:
Just rendered a clip I made a few days ago that I believe is showing some form of grenade magnetism (only had enough for SD render, forgive me), followed by an absolutely ridiculous lunge that can only be attributed to lag.

The clip

Oh, and I believe the frag grenade I threw goes straight, lands as it should, then bounces to the right and follows the poor bastard sprinting past the doorway. Also, my thumb did all the talking when I was hit with that ridiculous melee lunge, my crosshair/aim goes crazy because I can't believe what the fuck just happened.
Did you check to see if it bounced off anything/was kicked by him?

PsychoRaven said:
You're missing out on Highlands. Such a nice map. Well would be if it weren't for the over abundance of power weapons on the map.

Well, I play it frequently in premium slayer, it is a good map, but like I said in 5v5 it never reaches the kill count for victory, not to mention people almost always quit before the timer runs down. It becomes laborious and boring very quickly.

Yes, there was nothing there.

It may have been that lag + sprinting past the door - may have had him kicking/hitting it and I was simply not aware of it... but otherwise it was a flat surface.

Woorloog

Banned
I feel funny... 5 and half hour Halo marathon does that. I feel like i should take a walk but it's 3AM here.
I'm not going to survive November. Halo CEA and new maps which i naturally have to play, Skyrim and possibly Star Wars the Old Republic...
/facedesk

Oh and add Falcons to Highlands. Some targets for all those powerweapons... and that map needs 8v8.

FyreWulff

thezerofire said:
Highlands needs something in the middle I think. It's way too open. Especially with one base on the top of that hill.

Well with the side-to-side teleporters there, nobody is going to be encouraged to go to the middle anyway.

Devolution said:
Honestly losing individual skill in order to make "team work" more fundamental is such a stupid concept.
Especially because Halo hasn't really had much of a problem in terms of needing teamwork.

FyreWulff said:
Well with the side-to-side teleporters there, nobody is going to be encouraged to go to the middle anyway.
True. It seems like Highlands suffers the traditional "no reason to ever leave the edges of the map" BTB syndrome.

Sean P.

wwm0nkey said:
Yeah I get like 5 of those messages a month, not as bad as Halo 2 days lol

Those days were the best.

It was a struggle for me to stay in my competitive clan instead of leaving to join the "Big Tittie Committee"

Havok

Woorloog said:
Oh and add Falcons to Highlands. Some targets for all those powerweapons... and that map needs 8v8.
...or they could just remove some of the power weapons like everyone's been asking for instead of adding a largely useless vehicle that wouldn't work because the hard ceiling is too low anyway?

Sean P.

Fo4Te.jpg

New astro gear for PAX to add to my collection, hahaha

Ramirez

Sorry about that Devo/Tawp, I was in blackscreen for like 5 minutes before it booted me back to the matchmaking screen. =\ Decided to call it for now, lol.

Havok said:
...or they could just remove some of the power weapons like everyone's been asking for instead of adding a largely useless vehicle that wouldn't work because the hard ceiling is too low anyway?

Yeah if I remember correctly, the hard ceiling is too low for the Falcon to really work well on that map. If it wasn't though, it would be pretty awesome on that map I think.

Woorloog

Banned
Havok said:
Oh right. Forgot about that Highlands has low ceiling. Well, Reach needs more Falcons anyway. Love flying it.
Still, 8v8 and a one or two more vehicles and some reason to go middle. Maybe remove Snipers or move them to sides.

MrDaravon

Hypertrooper said:
I think David said, that it will be up sometimes soon. Still TBD

That's fucking ridiculous :(

If nothing else, does anyone have any idea where Stockpile shows up? I still need that one achievement, but everyone I've asked says they still don't have it because Stockpile only shows up with very low weighting in one playlist, but I don't know if that's actually true or which one (I'm assuming Objective).

MrBig

SailorDaravon said:

If nothing else, does anyone have any idea where Stockpile shows up? I still need that one achievement, but everyone I've asked says they still don't have it because Stockpile only shows up with very low weighting in one playlist, but I don't know if that's actually true or which one (I'm assuming Objective).
SWAT, apparently.

SailorDaravon said:

I've seen it come up in big team but it's rarely voted for. Speaking of which, no Halo 4 multiplayer achievements please.

MrDaravon

MrBig said:
SWAT, apparently.

Seriously? I like SWAT fine, but ugggggh

Devolution said:
I've seen it come up in big team but it's rarely voted for. Speaking of which, no Halo 4 multiplayer achievements please.

Completely agree, was super bummed out at the ones in Reach. Or if they do them, at least have them be general ones like the Reach one for buying something in the armory that requires you to be a specific rank. The ones where you have to do really stupid specific things in matchmaking suck.

FyreWulff

SailorDaravon said:
Seriously? I like SWAT fine, but ugggggh

Completely agree, was super bummed out at the ones in Reach. Or if they do them, at least have them be general ones like the Reach one for buying something in the armory that requires you to be a specific rank. The ones where you have to do really stupid specific things in matchmaking suck.

The Noble ones were fine, because the whole team got them for completing the task.

Then for some reason the Defiant ones were only credited to the exact person that accomplished them.

PooBone

Wasn't planning on playing Reach tonight because I bought a 3DS and Ocarina of Time 3D today and was pretty pumped about it. After using it long enough to drain over half the battery (hour and a half) I've decided to take this thing back tomorrow. Huge disappointment.

So who's up for some Reach?

wwm0nkey

SailorDaravon said:

You can get that achievement in a custom game as long as the gametype is an official bungie gametype.

feel

Sean P. said:
Fo4Te.jpg

New astro gear for PAX to add to my collection, hahaha
Love the Astros. I can't help but to buy any new home headset and mixamp they release. So good.

Dani said:
Half the folks here are going to be at PAX. This place will be a ghost town.
Less than 20% of regular halogaf is going, and most of them will be posting from there anyways as they try to catch all the stuff they're missing for being there. There will still be plenty of gifs and tears.

Tunavi

Banned
Whoa I had no idea there were tunnels behind overshield/camo spawns in the canyon variant. I thought they were only behind the base. Badass!

FyreWulff

If this was the old days, the mod community would already have a Battle Canyon variant made off of eyeballing the video running in Halo PC :lol

Tunavi

Banned
Damnation and Creek/Canyon and going to play really well, not to mention they are beautiful. BE GONE FORGE!

Also, no sword in that video! :D :D :D

Tunavi said:
Damnation and Creek/Canyon and going to play really well, not to mention they are beautiful. BE GONE FORGE!

Also, no sword in that video! :D :D :D
The sword is on Battle Canyon. Except they made some changes for the GamesCom.

Top Bottom