• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Plywood said:
il4vreluw8.gif

So good.

Hey You said:

They made it obvious time and again they can't be trusted to make multiplayer achievements that aren't stupid or that don't negatively impact playing. Same reasons certain challenges are just awful.

PooBone

Hypertrooper said:
The new sparkast is going to have segment with Jaime Griesemer. <3.
Btw. As a preperation for this Sparkast, I recommend you guys to read this awesome Edge article:
“I think the Warthog is the real reason Halo became an action game"

Battle Canyon is an awesome map. I had a lot of fun. Can't wait to play it today again.
Should be awesome.

EDIT: The warthog was the very first thing in Halo that made me fall in love with it. The scene in the second level where you first hop in one, I was playing co-op with my buddy, who owned an Xbox and had owned Halo for about a month before introducing me to it, he was driving and I hopped on the gun. Holy shit. What a moment.

Hypertrooper said:
I will never forget the evil laugher Shiska made, when he killed me with the Pro-Pipe, when I was hiding in these new caves.

Was it a "hahaha--you'll never play DLC maps in regular MM" sort of laugh or was it more of a "AR starts for everyone forever" type laugh?

Bregmann Roche said:
Was it a "hahaha--you'll never play DLC maps in regular MM" sort of laugh or was it more of a "AR starts for everyone forever" type laugh?
"Haha finally killed him..." that sort of laugher. I destroyed everyone, who played against me!

Letters said:
New areas seem kinda nice, sucks that I will miss out on stuff like that, and some other nice maps like Reflection and Countdown, just because I want to steer away from the Armor Ability crap. SMH at jetpack+rocket at the start of the vid.... sigh
I wish 343i would create a playlist, where some AA are pick-ups. If you're a good with the Jetpack, you'll have some advantage on Battle Canyon.

Tunavi

Banned
If they put a pro-pipe in the middle of Beaver Creek it would be my favorite map ever.

also, AA's need to stay out of the new maps. yuck at jetpack. sorry david.

Striker

Hypertrooper said:
The sword is on Battle Canyon. Except they made some changes for the GamesCom.
I still don't see the necessity a Sword being in that map is. I s'pose we should expect more maps with power weapons everywhere.

GhaleonEB

CyReN said:
I'm already liking this new layout more than the old. In particular the risk/reward of the teleporter: in order to access it you need to come out from the back of the base on either side and become exposed. I wonder if we'll ever see the 'classic' gameplay with the new layout in matchmaking.

Also, for PAX attendees, the Halo Anniversary panel at 10:00 on Friday morning is in the Pegasus Theater - which is NOT in the Convention Center. It's in the Shereton across the street. Line up for PAX, you'll miss the panel - go straight to the Shereton.

Tunavi said:
If they put a pro-pipe in the middle of Beaver Creek it would be my favorite map ever.

also, AA's need to stay out of the new maps. yuck at jetpack. sorry david.
Yep. Jetpack should be completely out of the game like Armor Lock.

Striker said:
I still don't see the necessity a Sword being in that map is. I s'pose we should expect more maps with power weapons everywhere.
Don't forget the Shotgun in each base! Perfect spawn location! I guess 343i want to emphasize, that they have the power. So power weapon for everyone. :^P

GhaleonEB said:
I'm already liking this new layout more than the old. I wonder if we'll ever see the 'classic' gameplay with the new layout in matchmaking.

Also, for PAX attendees, the Halo Anniversary panel at 10:00 on Friday morning is in the Pegasus Theater - which is NOT in the Convention Center. It's in the Shereton across the street. Line up for PAX, you'll miss the panel - go straight to the Shereton.
Should we meet at the Sheraton? I don't want to miss this panel ad would love to sit next to the HaloGAF guys.

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
Should we meet at the Sheraton? I don't want to miss this panel ad would love to sit next to the HaloGAF guys.
I think that's a good plan. I'm going to time my departure from home such that I am able to be in line for it at 8:00.

Ramirez

Tashi0106 said:
I wish eazy wasn't banned. He's making me laugh up a storm in my stream :lol

It's a shame some people can't take jokes. :p Eazy ribs me every night, all night, and I never pay it any attention, lol.

I've been sleeping all day. What have I missed? I need more megaton news. Also, I can't even remember why EazyB got banned anymore. Was he harassing juniors?

wwm0nkey

Deputy Moonman said:
I've been sleeping all day. What have I missed? I need more megaton news. Also, I can't even remember why EazyB got banned anymore. Was he harassing juniors?
He had 2 accounts I think.

wwm0nkey said:
He had 2 accounts I think.
His second account, "Lake Minnetonka," was banned for being an alt. Or too hilarious. I dunno.

He was originally banned for posting a questionable photoshop involving Shishka.

I always thought that he was banned, and then made a second account, which ultimately got banned, too. I didn't realize that he had the accounts at the same time. He needs to make a new account and come back. But I guess that would take some time to get approved.

Ok, Im overdue for a post with all the awesome stuff going on so heres my breakdown-

Battle Canyon looks beautiful. Seriously. Also, the map changes look good. Im hyped.

-Damnation is looking pretty. Should be fun.

-Bloom can be fixed! Yes! Heres hoping to see it gone in modern gameplay as well.

-Armor lock nerfed! Thank god. I hope it also drains if you only use it for a short time.

-343 guilty spark level looks amazing. Im glad someone recorded that.. Seriously will be amazing to play.. And that terminal...That terminal. Im super hyped.

wwm0nkey said:

Hah, didn't see that coming. Awesome alt cut, I like the musical approach although it sounds a tad placeholder. I really hope Halo Fest brings a new halo 4 trailer, some concept art and maybe a teaser image that shows us nothing but makes us go crazy anyways.

Im jealous of all you who will be at Halo fest.

GhaleonEB

I much prefer the music in that "director's cut" (huh?) of the trailer. Not sure where it's from, but I like the melody and how it builds, transitions, and then echoes as the trailer progresses. The music in the original was sort of nondescript.

GhaleonEB said:
I think that's a good plan. I'm going to time my departure from home such that I am able to be in line for it at 8:00.
It's almost like I've made several posts asking us to do exactly this...

Anyways I'll be in line likely before 8am, hopefully a group of us can all wait together.

feel

That Director's Cut teaser is pretty nice, it's shocking seeing him toss the weapon after being so used to watching him reload it. Nice music.

Just did a much needed overhaul of my friend's list. What's up with this only 100 shit still? Anyway if you ever sent me one while it was full or just want me on your list now, my gt is "i devolution i."

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Eazy and I just had a lengthy conversation on the TU and what other changes might be good. What works, what doesn't, what else needs to change. Good stuff. HaloGAF misses him
when he behaves :p

Tawpgun

Devolution said:
Just did a much needed overhaul of my friend's list. What's up with this only 100 shit still? Anyway if you ever sent me one while it was full or just want me on your list now, my gt is "i devolution i."
Honestly. I'm struggling to have spots open. I have this problem where even though I don't play with someone that much I can't bring myself to remove them.....

Top Bottom