• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Sai-kun

Banned
Devolution said:
Just did a much needed overhaul of my friend's list. What's up with this only 100 shit still? Anyway if you ever sent me one while it was full or just want me on your list now, my gt is "i devolution i."

100 friends makes me cry every time

i have lost so many friends :(

vhfive

A27 Tawpgun said:
Honestly. I'm struggling to have spots open. I have this problem where even though I don't play with someone that much I can't bring myself to remove them.....
this has been my life for the last 3 years :/

A27 Tawpgun said:
Honestly. I'm struggling to have spots open. I have this problem where even though I don't play with someone that much I can't bring myself to remove them.....

I deleted ones I haven't played with in years or don't know IRL. If they really want me on their list, they'll say something. But I'd rather have people in those posts I can play with. If they are going to limit the friend list numbers the least they could do is have some sort of group function. Say like a GAF one, in which people get added in and you can see who is on. Kind of like how clans worked, except no ranks, all social and make it work over all games like the friend list via dashboard.

Devolution said:
Just did a much needed overhaul of my friend's list. What's up with this only 100 shit still? Anyway if you ever sent me one while it was full or just want me on your list now, my gt is "i devolution i."
You would think that with XBL getting more "social" that MS would have increased the limit a long time ago.

By the way, am I still your friend? :lol

feel

Tashi0106 said:
Eazy and I just had a lengthy conversation on the TU and what other changes might be good. What works, what doesn't, what else needs to change. Good stuff. HaloGAF misses him
when he behaves :p
If you enjoyed what he had to say then he must've been very supportive of current Reach, that coupled with him being a rude asshole means he's not that missed lol

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
wwm0nkey said:
They said they where upping the cap awhile ago, remember Halo 2 got taken down because of it :)

Ah see. They didn't though. They said they could. Not that they would. I of course knew they were full of shit too and never really would. Course they've been full of shit on many things before.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Letters said:
If you enjoyed what he had to say then he must've been very supportive of current Reach, that coupled with him being a rude asshole means he's not that missed lol
Uhh no. He doesn't hate it like you do but he certainly shares the opinion of the majority of HaloGAF. We had a great discussion without all the bullshit. Just 2 players who are good at Halo and have ideas.

I feel like when the TU update drops people think I'm gonna stop playing Halo or something lol. I know I don't share a popular opinion (I love Reach) and you can call it FiOs and MLG but it is what it is. I love Reach now and I'm sure I will with the TU too. I'm just not crazy about the drastic changes that I don't find necessary. Whatever, I'll still dominate. :p

Also about the TU, anyone thinks we'll get ranked playlists?

Tashi0106 said:
Uhh no. He doesn't hate it like you do but he certainly shares the opinion of the majority of HaloGAF. We had a great discussion without all the bullshit. Just 2 players who are good at Halo and have ideas.

I feel like when the TU update drops people think I'm gonna stop playing Halo or something lol. I know I don't share a popular opinion (I love Reach) and you can call it FiOs and MLG but it is what it is. I love Reach now and I'm sure I will with the TU too. I'm just not crazy about the drastic changes that I don't find necessary. Whatever, I'll still dominate. :p

Also about the TU, anyone thinks we'll get ranked playlists?

Or just make a team training for people with guests or something.

Butane123 said:
Can't be. I never touched the objective once.

A majority of them were AFK. I have no idea what the rest of the guys on my team were doing.
I never have the chance to play against AFKers. I'm always playing against Quitters and some noobs, who have luck with grenade spamming... :/

Btw. good games guys, even I only played 3 games with you.

Striker

Both linked games just indicate how poor Trueskill is.

And lately in BTB we've been getting matched up with Forerunners (who coincidentally aren't very good) in full parties against a group of four and randoms. You can't blame the population on it, as it usually has 7-8,000 players daily.

Hopefully 343 is able do some revamping for Trueskill because in both Reach and Halo 3 (unranked), the playlists are laughable at consistently matching up balanced teams.

Striker

Tashi0106 said:
That doesn't fix my MLG playlist Devoooooooo
MLG were offered party restrictions so it would help a guy like you going by yourself, but they declined.

I doubt it ever happens, so it's wishful thinking on our parts. I would like to see Arena (Slayer) Team Objective, Classic, and MLG use Arena style ranks. In Halo 4 I am extremely hopeful they allow more ranked stuff, either 1-50, Arena or something, for the classic stuff we've become accustomed to seeing. And not making duplicate unranked playlists in the process as it only adds nothing but more playlists which isn't necessary.

senador

Banned
Devolution said:
They made it obvious time and again they can't be trusted to make multiplayer achievements that aren't stupid or that don't negatively impact playing. Same reasons certain challenges are just awful.

I wouldn't mind ones similar to commendations like "Get 1000 Headshots" or something. I don't like the map or gametype specific ones though. Though those types in Gears pissed me off since I never intended to play as much as they required. So maybe not.

I think I want some Astros sometime. I remember someone here saying the 5.1 ones are better or something and to get the sets with larger speakers?

Tashi

It's not that I necessarily have an issue with matching against a team of 4(I enjoy the challenge) if I run alone, it's just that my teammates are usually scrubs. Or sometimes both teams will have 2 scrubs and 2 skilled players. That's why I want ranks, so that everyone in the match is on the same level.

senador

Banned
I don't think that having ranks would fix that because the underlying trueskill matching for Reach sucks. You would at least be able to go "shit, they all suck" before the game instead of after though. lol

Tashi

senador said:
I don't think that having ranks would fix that because the underlying trueskill matching for Reach sucks. You would at least be able to go "shit, they all suck" before the game instead of after though. lol
Well I know in Halo 3 it would search for players closest to your rank first and then searched further out as time went on. Also, 90% of players in the MLG playlist were 50's, so that helped too.

Alright I am in no way trying to use this thread to sell my passes, but I am just going to mention that I have two PAX 3 day passes for sale for $150.00 each. I THINK zoolander is buying one, but he hasn't committed to it yet. Email me if you're interested...

I am only trying to break even on these tickets, I bought 3 for $400.00 and one of them was for my friend.

<3

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Devin Olsen said:
Alright I am in no way trying to use this thread to sell my passes, but I am just going to mention that I have two PAX 3 day passes for sale for $150.00 each. I THINK zoolander is buying one, but he hasn't committed to it yet. Email me if you're interested...

I am only trying to break even on these tickets, I bought 3 for $400.00 and one of them was for my friend.

<3
You shouldn't have much trouble selling these, since loads of people are looking for them. Check your local craigslist wanted too

FyreWulff

Devin Olsen said:

<3

If you posted them in here you'd sell them in about 5 seconds.

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/disc...ead-the-first-post-or-you-might-get-banned/p1

You can only use that for selling them for the original face value, though.

OuterWorldVoice said:
You shouldn't have much trouble selling these, since loads of people are looking for them. Check your local craigslist wanted too
Yeah I can get anywhere from 200 - 250 for them it looks like. I would just rather give them to GAF'ers, even if it ends up costing me 100-200 dollars worth of profit. I am not looking to make money on these tickets, I would just rather break even. And selling them to a GAF'er would make me feel better too.

edit: and fyrewulff I would post there if I didn't need to get 150 per ticket for them. Like I said I am only charging 150 just so I can break even on them. I bought 3 for $400.00 and sold one to my friend for $100.00... So I am selling the other two for $150 each so I end up not losing money on the whole deal.

GhaleonEB

senador

Banned
MLG customs would be a good way to get used to it without being so frustrated. I'm down but I won't be able to til next week. :/

feel

Tashi0106 said:
He doesn't hate it like you do but he certainly shares the opinion of the majority of HaloGAF.
Eh? Doesn't make sense, I just hate the things that keep getting mentioned by everyone else, like bloom, jetpacks, the atrocious map selection, slow movement, no-bleed-through shields, armor lock, etc etc etc. Just because I have stopped playing it regularly or am very often vocal about the things I despise from it doesn't mean I hate it more than the rest of HaloGAF.

edit- damn Trasher that sucks, hopefully it's nothing that will prevent you from being here in the online side of the event with the rest of us.

edit2-

V I've asked about it too, specifically about where this tweaked Reach gameplay (armor ability gameplay right alongside no-bloom, armorlock nerf, damage bleedthrough,etc) would fit in the Matchmaking environment since they promised that vanilla Reach experience people have "enjoyed" this past year would continue being available, and a few people said that on separate playlists, but that seems like it could end up creating a very confusing matchmaking environment for the casuals who don't follow all of this like us (it's already been a pain having to explain to some people I know how the Anniversary multiplayer will work). I think only after the TU panel is that we'll have a clearer picture on all of this.

GhaleonEB

Random late night thought:

The new settings have been described as "classic ++". As in, a suite of new game types with changes made in a variety of ways to create a game more similar to Halo games past.

The video from Friday also showed a tweaked/nerfed Armor Lock, with the grenade blast knocking a chunk off the charge meter.

I had assumed the 'classic' playlists would not feature armor abilities; they've been called out a few times as the reason for the difference in map variants in the CEA MP maps.

So...in what context will the Armor Lock nerf be deployed?

Top Bottom