• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

Woorloog

Banned
Eye Drop said:
H3 maps were incredible, with the exception of Isolation.
That's the first time i've seen that opinion. It had a bunch of good ones, a lot of bad ones and overall was weaker than Halo 2 mapwise. IMO. And Reach is weaker than any of its predecessors mapwise
Eye Drop said:
I find myself reaching for razor blades every time people don't veto Hemorrhage.
Err, what we should vote then?
  • Hemorrhage is all right vehicle map but the sniper/DMR wreck vehicles too easily and the map is boring otherwise as well...
  • Spire is horrible as it is (moving the attacker base to the spire and the defender base at the river would make it better along with complete sandbox overhaul)
  • There are no words to express how bad Boneyard is
  • Boardwalk is pretty good but it lacks vehicles
  • Paradiso and Utopie are really, really horrible
  • Trident has a shitload of framerate issues and snipers
  • Renegade is just plain horrible as is Wayont
  • Mt Lam Lam is good for neutral assault
  • Abridged is all right IMO but it's rare and people don't vote it
  • Breakpoint is absolute garbage
  • Tempest (i've never seen it in BTB) is 6v6 map and too cramped for BTB
  • Highlands has too few vehicles/too many power weapons and i've never seen it in BTB.

Devolution said:
God uncaged is my kryptonite for sure.
Uncaged: -5
Which made think up an interesting question what map would you consider to be your personal kryptonite?
When i used default controls, i dominated in The Cage/Uncaged with DMR and Jetpack (and rockets). I'm not that good in it anymore as i use Bumber Jumper.

But really, where i'm bad.. Reflection, Asylum, Pinnacle (depending on playlist, in Rumble i usually do well), Paradiso/Utopie, Breakpoint. I think.

EDIT it seems that i'm the only one to like Epitaph from Halo 3. But then it suited my playstyle in that game, i'm horrible with BR in smaller maps.

Halo 3 had good maps.

The Pit
Guardian (MLG)
Construct
Narrows (MLG)
Heretic
Blackout
Ons
Amplified

A lot of those are DLC or H2 maps, still.

Reach has 2 good maps. Zealot and MLG Countdown.

Tawpgun

Dani said:
vlcsnap-2011-08-20-06h55m04s88.png
Someone call CSI.
This needs to be enhanced and sharpened. Try and get the reflection off the guys eyeball and see if we can't get part of that halo screen uncovered.

Cuban Legend said:
yo bro, good to see your activated now! :)

sucks that i dont play Reach as much as I used to though :(
Thanks bro, I still remember that halo 3 1 vs 1 match we had on that prisoner remake. Lots of fun!

feel

Tunavi said:
Q3fIS.png

Yeah he mad
:lol :lol

Dax01 said:
It looks like there is a motion tracker in the bottom left corner of the screen.
This was first thing that came to my mind yesterday when I saw the snow (?) and the HUD, that AOTCR area just before you go into the the last big indoor segment.
n52t5.jpg

I've been avoiding touching Halo CE since the Anniversary announcement just so the Anniversary and CE-HD playthroughs feel more special.. damn the withdrawal hurts.

Letters said:
This was first thing that came to my mind yesterday when I saw the snow (?) and the HUD, that AOTCR area just before you go into the the last big indoor segment.
http://i53.tinypic.com/n52t5.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]
Doesn't look like any place in AotCR that I remember. Hm...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Steelyuhas said:
Watching or reading?

Backpack was too small bro, get better.

trollface.jpg

Yep, except for the maps being the worst in the series. The maps suck in Halo 3, but in Reach they are just awful.
Reading. Latest book. That dude in the pic is not Jaime. Jaime is not working at 343.

feel

OuterWorldVoice said:
Jaime is not working at 343.
Yet. At the first sign of gameplay suckage halogaf will start a big movement to get griesemer to join 343i.

Dax01 said:
Doesn't look like any place in AotCR that I remember. Hm...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q88b43Ew6MU#t=399s

It doesn't happen in this clip, but if you stay behind the marines stand next to the escarpments waiting for you to engage the big battle, that's what I saw on the screen. And again, I'm just pointing out what came to mind, what's in that screen could be a million other things.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The Real Napsta said:
Halo 3 had good maps.

The Pit
Guardian (MLG)
Construct
Narrows (MLG)
Heretic
Blackout
Ons
Amplified

A lot of those are DLC or H2 maps, still.

Reach has 2 good maps. Zealot and MLG Countdown.
MLG Zealot is the good version. Also, don't forget Sanctuary. But does that count? And Redemption and even Android.

Devolution said:
God uncaged is my kryptonite for sure.

Game before on Asylum +10.

Uncaged: -5

Game after on Asylum +16.

Which made think up an interesting question what map would you consider to be your personal kryptonite?

All I heard was Invasion Breakpoint.

OuterWorldVoice said:
Is there a YouTube version?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry3-PRxtYU0

Also, where is the music in the trailer from? It sounds oddly familiar but I cannot put my finger on it. Or maybe I'm imagining things, is it an original song created for this trailer? Edit: Question answered, thanks Hypertrooper!

Hitmonchan107 said:
Thanks for joining us! It was nice to have the Waypoint gang play with a few GAFers. Maybe we should have a few "GAF plays the community" nights to help shed our elitist stigma.
They were nice, a bit loud but nice. I think the thing that made me decide not to come back once my Xbox froze during the match was when they said "Lets take a vote, whoever wants to play BTB yell into your mic!" and then they all started screaming.

Awesome Barlow said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry3-PRxtYU0

Also, where is the music in the trailer from? It sounds oddly familiar but I cannot put my finger on it. Or maybe I'm imagining things, is it an original song created for this trailer?
The music is from Two Steps To Hell. They do commercial music. You can hear their work in the StarTrek trailer, Mass Effect 2 launch trailer and I think LotR, too. Someone posted the track already. Wait a second... Undying Love. Homeboyd found it out.

Hypertrooper said:
The music is from Two Steps To Hell. They do commercial music. You can hear their work in the StarTrek trailer, Mass Effect 2 launch trailer and I think LotR, too. Someone posted the track already. Wait a second... Undying Love. Homeboyd found it out.
Haha that would make sense, a friend of mine has one of their albums and he was playing it over and over. He played that song a few times! Thanks, I knew I had heard it before!

i nerini del buio said:
yeah it's long, repetitive and boring!
AoTCR = bad
It's full of variety and offers almost every single type of Halo option in a single level. It is highly atmospheric and has great music, you philistine.

BzyAQ.gif

But seriously, what's your favourite CE level? AoTCR ranks up there with one of my favourite FPS levels of all time.

Rickenslacker said:
It's full of variety and offers almost every single type of Halo option in a single level. It is highly atmospheric and has great music, you philistine.

But seriously, what's your favourite CE level? AoTCR ranks up there with one of my favourite FPS levels of all time.
I know his favorite level: The Library!

lol

I actually like the library!
seriously, I even like the first level (PoA), but not AoTCR. Didn't like it the first time, didn't like it the last time I went through CE campaign (which would be few weeks ago). I find it too long and repetitive. And no, smashing sleeping grunts' faces is not that fun after the first time :p

Homeboyd

Hypertrooper said:
Really all of their music is incredible. I could sit for hours going through all of their albums (and have before).

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Letters said:
I've been avoiding touching Halo CE since the Anniversary announcement just so the Anniversary and CE-HD playthroughs feel more special.. damn the withdrawal hurts.

Yea my last play through till November was the end of last month beginning of this month. Till Anniversary I'm Halo Campaign blackout for all of them. Needless to say It's so hard to hold to that. There have been times I've sit there just going hmm. Just a couple minutes won't hurt. Halo is my Crack. lol

Homeboyd said:
Really all of their music is incredible. I could sit for hours going through all of their albums (and have before).
Yeah now that I've put two and two together I actually know several of their songs. I've listened to their stuff several times since my friend introduced me to them.

feel

It becomes more hilarious if you do a literal reading of what he's writing instead of figuring out what he meant.

edit-

v This gif was already funny, but then I noticed the guy with the hat on the bottom of the frame poking his head and it became even funnier. :lol

Top Bottom