• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Ramirez

Plywood said:
Well there's not much else to do on the internet.

You guys don't know how much you can accomplish with a ban. Productivity shoots through the roof.

You laugh and shake your head at the people taking it seriously.

Devolution said:
A bunch of people just posted a bunch of bullshit disregarding the info in the OP. Ghal included. Any sort of gender discussion is rife will shit on GAF, news at 11.

Similar to any topic on religion, the GAF hivemind is a scary pathetic thing.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
You laugh and shake your head at the people taking it seriously.
It's not as fun if you can't throw a rock here or there.
Mojo said:
Oh no

whos gonna post the OT7 now
You guys could stop posting in excess until he gets back or have someone else do it.

Devolution said:
A bunch of people just posted a bunch of bullshit disregarding the info in the OP. Ghal included. Any sort of gender discussion is rife will shit on GAF, news at 11.

As I posted in that thread, I think that that mass reaction was more the result of reading that headline that implied it was forced on the kid/ an experiment by the parents than actual bigoty, especially as several of the posters who got banned are the ones who are cool with people who have gender identity issues. I know I probably would have reacted the same way had I not read the rest of the article.

Thagomizer said:
As I posted in that thread, I think that that mass reaction was more the result of reading that headline that implied it was forced on the kid/ an experiment by the parents than actual bigoty, especially as several of the posters who got banned are the ones who are cool with people who have gender identity issues. I know I probably would have reacted the same way had I not read the rest of the article.

I'm just used to people disregarding OPs when it comes to TG issues or gender equality a lot on this forum. Even people I think know better.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Thagomizer said:
Never been banned. I'm too crafty a motherfucker.
Oh yeah? Well fuck your craft!

ZFsqm.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Thagomizer said:
I think it's a sign that I need to go to bed that I find this hysterical.

...that and it's 4AM and I need to be up at 9.
East coast represent, if I'm not up at 4, then I'm doing something wrong.

Plywood said:
Barrow Roll
Banned
(Today, 04:41 AM)
Reply | Quote
Maybe someday. Gotta add that notch to my belt. But like Ram, I pretty much just laugh and smh at OT with a little bit of disgust thrown in whenever you run into nasty or disturbing stories that always seem to get posted there.

Also just noticed that the OP lists Hang Em High twice and no Headlong in the CEA map list. And no Ghaleon to save us.

Homeboyd

In all seriousness, who is posting the OTs for OT7 and CEA? Didn't ghal say Modus was helping with art again? Perhaps he should?

I wasn't sure if he was helping with the CEA OT or not.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Homeboyd said:
In all seriousness, who is posting the OTs for OT7 and CEA? Didn't ghal say Modus was helping with art again? Perhaps he should?

Calm down. He's probably only been banned for a few days. No need to worry about other threads. He'll be back in time and if not things will be taken care of.

TheOddOne said:
Ghaleon got banned? Has hell frozen over or something...
You are all thinking that this is his first time...

The thread is questionable. The bans are questionable, too.
Homeboyd said:

Yep. I hope it isn't a month ban. :( He should post both OTs.

Homeboyd

Slightly Live said:
Calm down. He's probably only been banned for a few days. No need to worry about other threads.
Whoa, I'm certainly calm. Someone mentioned a month which I assumed came from him.

My post certainly shouldn't have come off any other way than completely calm and reasonable. It's still a legitimate question.

Falt

Havok said:
Any 343 guys reading: After you added Stockpile back in to Objective, did the weightings for stuff like Neutral Assault and Multiflag change? They haven't been showing up at all. It's all been Flag Slayer, 3 Flag, Oddball, and Stockpile with some Classic/Pro mixed in.

donotwantdog.gif

This has been hurting my OCD for so long. I had no idea stockpile was back in... TO OBJECTIVE!

chips.jpg

Also, up to date playlist... list? Ahem. Can't find it on bnet or waypoint.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Falt said:
This has been hurting my OCD for so long. I had no idea stockpile was back in... TO OBJECTIVE!

chips.jpg

Also, up to date playlist... list? Ahem. Can't find it on bnet or waypoint.

I also need this one, does it mean you just need to collect one flag from every spot on the map? Or actually collect every flag your team gets to win?

Between that one and the "steal two captured enemy stockpile flags for a score" and "kill someone with a DMR from long range" I cannot finish off the MP achievements...

Ghaleon's banned? Now I've seen everything.

Are we going to be getting some decent/official gameplay footage from the new Hang 'em High (what's the new name again?) any time soon? The way things are going I'll probably stay away from Halo until CE: A and the new maps/playlists come out, but I could use something to wet my whistle (don't want to watch the Anniversary footage until I play the game. Seen too much already).

PooBone

PsychoRaven said:
See this is one reason I've never bought the argument about Anniversary splitting the playerbase if it were to have classic multiplayer included. That's already being done plenty with Reach itself.

As mentioned you have 4 different permutations as is. Then with Anniversary you're really opening a can of worms.

You'll have:

Vanilla
Vanilla + DLC 1
Vanilla + DLC 2
Vanilla + DLC 1 & 2
Vanilla + Anniversary
Vanilla + DLC 1 + Anniversary
Vanilla + DLC 2 + Anniversary
Vanilla + DLC 1,2, and Anniversary

So that's splitting your playerbase a lot worse then just Releasing Anniversary with it's multiplayer included ever would have.

At least then you'd have:

Vanilla Reach
Vanilla Reach + DLC 1
Vanilla Reach + DLC 2
Vanilla Reach + DLC 1&2
Halo Anniversary Multiplayer

You'd only split the player base 5 ways compared to the 8 ways you will be with the way it's being done now.

But we have what we have.

It doesn't make any difference, because in one month the only thing I'll be playing is HALO ANNIVERSARY MULTIPLAYER. Fuck all that Reach noise.

Neuromancer said:
Question for the firefight enthusiasts: is the Defiant map pack worth $5, just for the firefight map? There's a sale this week:
I'd say it's one of the top 3 or 4 firefight maps in the game.

PooBone

kylej said:
Welp if nobody has any objections I'll be taking over OT7 and CE 2.0 thread duties, thanks y'all.
STFU kylej.

Actually I don't have any objection. Hope Ghaleon has a peaceful break. Hope it's a short one.

wwm0nkey

ElzarTheBam said:
Speaking of warzone's have you guys seen the MP trailers for battlefield 3? Here, in case you haven't, will keep me occupied till anniversary hits.
Every game needs base jumping in it, that is all.

Also I will probably end up playing BF3 more than Reach MP until Halo 4 hits lol

TheOddOne

Deputy Moonman said:
What are the files to download, just the custom game type? I'm always hesitant when you have to download anything.
Yeah, I did that trick with a friend of mine who wanted those achievements and it worked.

lybertyboy said:
Regarding DLC and matchmaking in Reach.

We are actively looking at implementation changes we can make which will allows users with DLC to be more likely to find other DLC users for matches. It's always a touchy balance weighing specific options like connection speeds, dlc latency with the need to find matches quickly. Nothing specific to report atm, but just want to let you know (even from my hotel room at 1:35am in Spain) that it's something we care deeply about.
David and me are on the same country and I can't even salute him because the damn press only thing :(

Don't forget to eat some "burritos madrileños" ;)

feel

After so many years, Ghaleon is now truly a gaffer. I hope it's not a long one, anyone contact him on live and ask?

if it's a long one he can't stop OT7 from being created as Halogaf OT.. MUhahahahahahaHAHAHAH*cough* would suck about the CEA thread though, he was already working on it :(

Gabotron ES said:
David and me are on the same country and I can't even salute him because the damn press only thing :(

Don't forget to eat some "burritos madrileños" ;)
How can you be a press guy in Europe for dummies:
Step 1: Create a blog at Wordpress
Step 2: Write about games reviews, news etc. Don't care about Grammar.
Step 3: ????
Step 4: Profit.

Ghal will be back 11.01.11

Top Bottom