• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Ramirez said:
Really? I haven't been keeping up with anything Reach related the past few weeks, but to release a ZBS custom gametype, then exclude it from the voting options in the hoppers would be a real kick in the nuts.
You dun got kicked in the nuts son.

They've been clear it's just temporary and, after analysing what players want, they may put more ZBS stuff up. For the most part, expect 85% bloom. Adapt.

Karl2177

Tunavi said:
batman.gif

Ramirez

Hydranockz said:
You dun got kicked in the nuts son.

They've been clear it's just temporary and, after analysing what players want, they may put more ZBS stuff up. For the most part, expect 85% bloom. Adapt.

Adapt by not playing, I agree.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Ramirez said:
Really? I haven't been keeping up with anything Reach related the past few weeks, but to release a ZBS custom gametype, then exclude it from the voting options in the hoppers would be a real kick in the nuts.

Eh? Of course it's in the playlist:

• Beta Matchmaking Playlist added: This hopper will showcase the Title Update by introducing settings that you, the collective community, can check out and provide feedback on. It features a mix of Slayer and Objective (with DLC maps being optional), including the already released Zero Bloom Slayer DMRs gametype. Please refer to the 9.14 edition of the Halo Bulletin for additional gametype and map information.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
I was in a meeting on Friday about the next Waypoint release. Can't wait to share even more of what our services team has in store.

FyreWulff

Steelyuhas said:
Bnet is the cash moneyz.

Brings up a good point. I assume all the CEA maps will be implemented into bnet...?

I'd assume so, they had to fix the Bungie Pro renderer for the TU, and it's back up and operational now. So they're already updating Bungie.net for 343's stuff.

Also, technically it is their maps.

wwm0nkey

lybertyboy said:
I was in a meeting on Friday about the next Waypoint release. Can't wait to share even more of what our services team has in store.
Any estimated time on when you will be able to share what they have in store for us?

FyreWulff

Hydranockz said:
Fyrewulff, y u so good at Rock Band? I think I only best your scores on songs you rarely play on Bass!

I made a goal of sitting down and playing through my entire library (was something like 595 songs at the time) on Bass at one point. Took me from about January to late March to finish.

If you play a song with a lengthy guitar part, you're going to beat my score on it more than likely, but you should check out my Career bass score.

Also I didn't try to go back and redo songs much on that run, i just took what I got on the majority of first passes.

I'm almost to 777 Rock Band songs now (743) and I'm trying to figure out if anyone in the Halo community is a published RBN author so I can buy their song as my 777th

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
wwm0nkey said:
Any estimated time on when you will be able to share what they have in store for us?
Much sooner than you might think. The Waypoint panel from Halo Fest does a great job of presenting a lot of what's in store.

Karl2177

I'm mostly excited for the custom challenges. Will all of the Waypoint stuff come in one big update, or gradually be rolled out? To be more precise, will the web stuff update at the same time as the mobile and Xbox apps?

Also, my university is funding this... I've been on the ropes about purchasing the remakes of the second gen Pokemon games. This might push me over.

heckfu

Banned
by the by, can I go OT for a minute and express my EXTREME excitement that Hurwitz and co. announced a new TV season and movie for Arrested Development?
arrested-development-o.gif

I hope it's ok...because I just did express that excitement.

wwm0nkey said:
Actually anyone here going to PAX East?
I'll probably end up going.

It's pretty much impossible for me to skip a PAX now. I've caught the bug.

I justify going to PAX East because it's closer to me and flights are cheaper.
I justify going to PAX Prime because it's closer to my favorite game studios in Bellevue and Kirkland.

Not to mention there are different community members to meet up with at each PAX. Hopefully I can eventually score a Media Badge. It would be nice to get onto the expo floor early and free up more time for community stuff.

-------
Small "Waiting for Destiny" update dropping tomorrow evening. The composite map I've posted before is now made up of 8 different images. That's where this "Puerto Drin-" stuff was from. I also have a new clear shot of the Dead Orbit shirt. (Saw it at HaloFest.)

wwm0nkey

ncsuDuncan said:

I justify going to PAX Prime because it's closer to my favorite game studios in Bellevue and Kirkland.

Not to mention there are different community members to meet up with at each PAX. Hopefully I can eventually score a Media Badge. It would be nice to get onto the expo floor early and free up more time for community stuff.

-------
Small "Waiting for Destiny" update dropping tomorrow evening. The composite map I've posted before is now made up of 8 different images. That's where this "Puerto Drin-" stuff was from. I also have a new clear shot of the Dead Orbit shirt. (Saw it at HaloFest.)
I think I am going to start skipping out on E3 to go to Both PAX events and comic con. Much more stuff to do at all 3 it seems and I don't have to pay $400 for the ticket lol

PNut

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:

Can't wait to we have thread to really discuss this stuff. Looking forward to it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
wwm0nkey said:
I think I am going to start skipping out on E3 to go to Both PAX events and comic con. Much more stuff to do at all 3 it seems and I don't have to pay $400 for the ticket lol
I think I'm gonna go to PAX Prime next year. But that might conflict with my planned Halo 4 media blackout. MUST STAY STRONG.

PNut said:
Can't wait to we have thread to really discuss this stuff. Looking forward to it.

Me too. No telling how long it will take, but it's reassuring to know that the studio is hard at work on a unified project.

I can't wait to see what the community does with a brand new Bungie franchise.

How long until someone bakes a Dead Orbit cake? Which high school band will perform the best cover of Marty's Destiny soundtrack?

Who will be the first to get a Destiny tattoo?

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So I haven't played Reach in over a month or so, and was just wondering if they released the title update with the modified bloom at all yet? And if not, if they've given an official release date? Thanks.

Ken

Red_Man said:
So I haven't played Reach in over a month or so, and was just wondering if they released the title update with the modified bloom at all yet? And if not, if they've given an official release date? Thanks.
There was a TU released with a zero bloom custom game type a week or two back. There's going to be a beta playlist on the 4th to preview the future TU some more.

ncsuDuncan said:

-------
Ehm. I tried. But it didn't work out unfortunately.

I'm trying to find a way to get to PAXeast. But I have no job right now, and it is hard to get 800$ for the fly. I'm going to save that money, and book me a luxus hotel room for GamesCom. Otherwise I'm going to miss the panels and friendly visitors. :( Damn. PAX spoiled me every convention here in Europe.

Can't wait for your Destiny update. :) And thanks for buying the Bungie shirt. :)

Sean P. said:
http://i.imgur.com/0aKMF.png[IMG]

<3[/QUOTE]
Looks sexy. You can count me to the group of jealous friends. I hope I'll have some full signed item in my collection sometime.

[QUOTE=wwm0nkey]Speaking of Halo 4 I just realized we might get our first look in 2 months if they decide to show it at the VGAs :D

(Also hopefully we see Destiny too)[/QUOTE]
I want to see something of Halo 4, but I don't want to see much of Halo 4. The art trailer teased me beautiful landscapes I want to discover by myself. I hope 343i is only showing the first 2 mission to the press till Launch. Even if I try to get into blackout, It won't end good.

About Destiny: Didn't Bungie say, we shouldn't expect something this year?

The vga trailer, should it happen, should be like the Uncharted 3 vga trailer - in engine, mysterious, mostly cinematic with a quick gameplay tease and maybe a release date or arg kick-off.
Do not have it be a cg clip.

Do we think we'll get an arg? Or are they passe now?

wwm0nkey

Zeouterlimits said:
The vga trailer, should it happen, should be like the Uncharted 3 vga trailer - in engine, mysterious, mostly cinematic with a quick gameplay tease and maybe a release date or arg kick-off.

If there is a VGA trailer one thing I would like is to know who the enemy is but not explain much about them. I mean we still do not know who we are fighting yet and we still do not know the scale of the events that Halo 4 is going to bring in.

Also maybe a retelling of what happened at the end of Halo 3 and what is leading into the events of Halo 4 voiced by Cortana and have the ending scene be a few in game visuals.

Zeouterlimits said:

I hope we get an arg. Today's gaming advertisement became very boring. And 343i is doing an arg for Halo: Glasslands. (I'm counting the data drops as some sort of ARG), so we hopefully get one for Halo 4.

Halo 4 VGA trailer: Master Chief moves slowly out of the FowardUntoDawn wrack. He goes to a cliff, during his way he picks up a BR. The whole time, Cortana is narrating the prior events. At the cliff we can see a big Forerunner structure. And then: Halo 4. Trailer is over. Gameplay would be neat, but it isn't really necessary.

wwm0nkey

Hypertrooper said:
I hope we get an arg. Today's gaming advertisement became very boring. And 343i is doing an arg for Halo: Glasslands. (I'm counting the data drops as some sort of ARG), so we hopefully get one for Halo 4.

Halo 4 VGA trailer: Master Chief moves slowly out of the FowardUntoDawn wrack. He goes to a cliff, during his way he picks up a BR. The whole time, Cortana is narrating the prior events. At the cliff we can see a big Forerunner structure. And then: Halo 4. Trailer is over. Gameplay would be neat, but it isn't really necessary.
Kind of what I was thinking for the trailer again this is all IF there will be a VGA trailer which I am sure there is a good chance of that happening.

Tell the people what happened and show them all what is about to happen.

More credit generosity with the new weekly

50 MM wins and you get 30343cR

Too bad I won't have enough time to get that (and I'm usually stuck with incompetent people)

Hypertrooper said:

That sounds awesome! Maybe give a little tease of the main enemy like they did at the Reach anouncement with the Elite at the end.

wwm0nkey

lazybones18 said:
More credit generosity with the new weekly

50 MM wins and you get 30343cR

Too bad I won't have enough time to get that (and I'm usually stuck with incompetent people)
assuming you get 2k Cr per game with the beta hoppers this is going to be a very good week for Cr :p

Top Bottom