• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Risen

Ramirez said:
hahaha, yea we've done it like 4 times now, too funny. The best is when they start spawning, know they're screwed and start jumping and throwing nades upon spawn.

Does anyone know if this was addressed at all in the TU Beta? I seem to remember some spawns that were "new" on Zealot.

orznge

Banned
FyreWulff said:
- Damage bleedthrough makes dying feel frustrating, because you just suddenly die. Out of nowhere.

(in delusional lowest common denominator voice) I agree, I cannot tell when myself or another player is low enough to kill. This problem plagued the last three Halo games and many players voiced their concern about how it created a barrier to entry that stopped them from playing multiplayer. I am glad that Halo Reach has brought in many new players by changing it.

FyreWulff said:
The whole point of bloom in Reach was to let the players shoot faster than the normal optimal cadence at the cost of accuracy. If you want a spreadless weapon to work in a video game, you need to do one of two things:

are you telling me that Bungie explicitly stated that the goal of bloom was to let players gamble on being able to kill faster if so please find me a quote so I can laugh my ass off at them

Blinding

MLG got their Zero Bloom objective gametypes, I'm in a party with their gametype testing lead so I'll try to snag all of them. :>

OuterWorldVoice said:
This is ow you say? Ah yes. Ze nonsense.
Truthfully I'm kind of relieved here. Spielberg doesn't strike me as a fit for my perfect Halo movie. Blomkamp didn't fit either for that matter
where's the D9 sequel, yo? Do want bad!
. I'm actually having trouble coming up with a director who really instills faith with handling it the proper way aside from Cameron who just doesn't seem like a realistic choice.

feel

Blinding said:
MLG got their Zero Bloom objective gametypes, I'm in a party with their gametype testing lead so I'll try to snag all of them. :>
oh snap!! Someone snag these and change them to our Classic rules asap

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
really liking 85% bloom the more i play. the gun feels accurate at medium range to where i never feel robbed of a kill, and less so at a distance - which is how it should be.

it beats ZB IMO unless the change the RoF of the weapons, pistol especially

op_ivy said:
really liking 85% bloom the more i play. the gun feels accurate at medium range to where i never feel robbed of a kill, and less so at a distance - which is how it should be.

it beats ZB IMO unless the change the RoF of the weapons, pistol especially

The easiest fix is to just not spawn with the pistol in ZB.

Kuroyume

Banned
How long is the TU hopper going to be up? I don't have Live atm so I can't try it and I don't want any stupid changes until I get to check it out. Seeing people bitch about the pistol is just ridiculous given what they have done to it for the entire time that Reach has been out there.

Kuroyume said:
How long is the TU hopper going to be up? I don't have Live atm so I can't try it and I don't want any stupid changes until I get to check it out. Seeing people bitch about the pistol is just ridiculous given what they have done to it for the entire time that Reach has been out there.

It's fun but it dumps on everything close range.

The Real Napsta said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what the big deal is for those that don't like the changes, they're not being forced upon you. There is currently a single playlist with TU features in it.

EDIT: Just got a 3v3 game in the TU playlist. I hate 3v3.

Ah awesome, they voted for Neutral Flag. Dammit.

Havok

Photolysis said:
Didn't Shishka add that under his watch?

Though the state of objective games in Reach is especially weird since Jeremiah made the amazing Team Skirmish playlist in H2. Excuse me whilst I go off and reminisce about how much fun that was.
It's a very weird situation. I can only imagine that the process has changed enough with voting data and the like to account for the difference in quality.

Also, that game had amazing maps. There's a little less to work with here.

Couple of things that have been stated many times before:
-Neutral Flag is broken. The announcer says "flag stolen" regardless of which team picks up the flag, and the Flag UI doesn't show up. Remove from MM and fix before reintroducing it.
-Evade is broken in 4v4 gameplay with spartans. It was designed for Elites, for use in Invasion, keep it that way.
-Asylum is the worst excuse for a Sanctuary I've ever seen in my life.

senador

Banned
Steelyuhas said:
Couple of things that have been stated many times before:
-Neutral Flag is broken. The announcer says "flag stolen" regardless of which team picks up the flag, and the Flag UI doesn't show up. Remove from MM and fix before reintroducing it.
-Evade is broken in 4v4 gameplay with spartans. It was designed for Elites, for use in Invasion, keep it that way.
-Asylum is the worst excuse for a Sanctuary I've ever seen in my life.

While true, it is still one of my favorites in Reach. :/

TheOddOne

Great time playing with Hitmonchan107, Hypertrooper and Robert (Belg?). Last two games frustrated me though, getting instant killed the whole time :|

I should really get around to buying a new mic.

Karl2177 said:
Because it's cheap. It's like the kid that says "I'm not playing" when you get close enough to tag him. Bullshit.

Don't see how it's cheap. Not every Grunt does it and it add variety to the encounters, as you have a risk/reward for going after Grunts.

And besides, they only really do it right after you kill a leader or at scripted times.

...And anyway, how is this any different than an Elite kicking you in the face if you try to run up and melee it? Both result in death if you try to do something stupid, like hanging around Grunts at a range were suicide is an option for them.

tl,dr: Outsmarted by a grunt, lol.

Okay, I actually think this is a really good idea. A DLC map pack that targets both the Living Dead and Team Classic players.

The Reanimated Map Pack

Turf - Keep the human setting, but modify the aesthetic into a run-down section of the city at night. A post-apocalyptic feel would be perfect for zombies: broken windows, trash everywhere, a burning car wreck or two. No friendly Superintendent here, just static on all of the screens.

High Ground - Swap the original human setting for a 343GS swamp environment. An aging Forerunner building (think Delta Halo) at the high end with glowing plants and swamp water down at the low end.

Waterworks - The cave environment from Halo 2 was pretty great for zombies, but this time give the middle section a Flood-infected look similar to Isolation.

I guess it would have to be released in the Spring. A small 3-plots/FFA map, a medium 1-flag map, and a symmetrical BTB map. If they absolutely want to stick to the same rules about 360 maps, replace High Ground with Terminal. Either way, tell me you guys wouldn't buy that in a heartbeat.

Homeboyd

ncsuDuncan said:
Okay, I actually think this is a really good idea. A DLC map pack that targets both the Living Dead and Team Classic players.

The Reanimated Map Pack

Turf - Keep the human setting, but modify the aesthetic into a run-down section of the city at night. A post-apocalyptic feel would be perfect for zombies: broken windows, trash everywhere, a burning car wreck or two. No friendly Superintendent here, just static on all of the screens.

High Ground - Swap the original human setting for a 343GS swamp environment. An aging Forerunner building (think Delta Halo) at the high end with glowing plants and swamp water down at the low end.

Waterworks - The cave environment from Halo 2 was pretty great for zombies, but this time give the middle section a Flood-infected look similar to Isolation.

I guess it would have to be released in the Spring. A small 3-plots/FFA map, a medium 1-flag map, and a symmetrical BTB map. If they absolutely want to stick to the same rules about 360 maps, replace High Ground with Terminal. Either way, tell me you guys wouldn't buy that in a heartbeat.
As much as I would love this.. we have 6 remakes on the way along with the ones we already have in Reach. I'll be ready
am ready
for some brand new maps.

TheOddOne said:
Great time playing with Hitmonchan107, Hypertrooper and Robert (Belg?). Last two games frustrated me though, getting instant killed the whole time :|

I should really get around to buying a new mic.
Limburger gek! (nederland)

I'm getting some better matches now, guess I'm adapting :lol

ncsuDuncan said:

The Reanimated Map Pack

Reach, including the six new MP maps that are coming with Anniversary, will be half remakes. It doesn't need anymore.

heckfu

Banned
ncsuDuncan said:

The Reanimated Map Pack

I wouldn't only because you wanted something to be compared to Isolation.

Homeboyd said:
As much as I would love this.. we have 6 remakes on the way along with the ones we already have in Reach. I'll be ready
am ready
for some brand new maps.
I was just thinking this would be a nice way to add DLC to the CEA disc while keeping the Classic theme. (Assuming CEA can even use DLC - I hope/assume it can load the Noble and Defiant maps for customs but it won't have access to any matchmaking playlists that use them without the Reach disc maps.)

I'd be okay with original maps too, my main point was that a map pack built for objective gameplay but with a zombie aesthetic would be healthy for the map variety AND a guaranteed sell to the Living Dead hordes.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
stupid question - will the dmr/neerfle be in classic++? what about RoF, will it be adjusted?

op_ivy said:
stupid question - will the dmr/neerfle be in classic++? what about RoF, will it be adjusted?
I'm not sure about the DMR/nerfle being in classic++ but atleast the pistol will be able to be fired automaticaly (it has bloom then). I haven't heard anything about adjustind the fire rate in tge DMR/Nerfle.

GhaleonEB

Hey You said:
So Saber's doing all of the work? Why does it seem like 343i is taking most of the credit?
343 is essentially producing the game and adding other pieces of content to its development, while the major development components were outsourced. Saber did the new graphics layer, Certain Affinity did the multiplayer maps, and another stuidio (name escapes me) did the terminals. It's 343's vision, and they're producing the thing which is no small feat, and adding their own content (not to mention the title update). Given the tight development timeline and the huge resource draw that is Halo 4, it makes sense.

I think they've done a pretty good job shining the spotlight on their development partners, such as the vidoc with Certain Affinity. I hope we get a similar one from Saber and the terminal guys.

Merguson said:
So I'm curious.

How many people are actually getting Halo: CEA? With Skyrim and Arkham City, I would prefer to wait Halo: CEA drops in price. I am not really interested in the multiplayer maps at all which leaves the campaign which I've played through countless times.

It just makes sense for me to opt for new experiences that will certainly be longer than the campaign in Halo: CEA.

Im in the same boat. I dont like the idea of paying for Reach multiplayer again and as much as I love Halo CE campaign compared to the newer stuff I cant justify it. I reckon it will drop in price pretty quick and so I may try and pick it up early next year. I get the feeling I will crumble and just buy it, but for the first time since Halo 1 came out I havent been getting a Halo game day 1. Weird.

Tunavi said:
If you don't get CEA you are saying "I don't support classic halo gameplay"

If that playlist existed now and I could judge how good it is I would maybe be swayed to buy it to support good classic gameplay. Right now though I feel like I would be paying again to play Reach multiplayer with a bandaid. I really dont want to support Reach multiplayer anymore. If CEA had Halo 1 multiplayer I could understand your point but it doesnt.

Does anyone feel like that sometimes, maybe 10-15% of the time, in ZBS, that your bullets miss the target or don't do any damage even though you're aiming directly at someone?

Top Bottom