• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Kuroyume

Banned
Deputy Moonman said:
How much do I like sword base? This much: Swordbase > zealot, powerhouse, boardwalk, reflections, and multiple forge maps. Countdown is the only equal, imo.

Amen. Best map in Reach.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
It's far too early to go into any of kind of specifics, but want you all to know that we're actively looking into an assortment of options for addressing some of the issues that you've mentioned regarding skill matching and DLC weighting.

wwm0nkey

lybertyboy said:
It's far too early to go into any of kind of specifics, but want you all to know that we're actively looking into an assortment of options for addressing some of the issues that you've mentioned regarding skill matching and DLC weighting.
David saves?

Seriously great to hear that you guys are looking into it!

lybertyboy said:

Oh ho, nice.

DNF percentage is a good idea, and then you could have the percentage as an option in your matchmaking preferences then the player gets to choose who he plays with.

Just have it rolling for the last 100 games or something like that.

lybertyboy said:
*signs onto GAF after hard long day coding, teaching MS Access, writing a project charter, lots more coding*

*reads actual good news like that*

Thank you.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
lybertyboy said:
VIP list for Inheritors with all DLC confirmed.

The Real Napsta said:
Default Countdown is garbage too because of the shotgun/sword.

I know how to counter campers on Swordbase, that doesn't stop the map from being terrible.
:( It has good flow and isn't too hard to get to anyone particular location fairly quickly. The only place you are exposed is out in the middle and that's just a personal risk one takes when wanting to switch sides of the map. Also, it's hard to control the map as a team, which is a huge plus for someone like me who plays solo a lot.

Deputy Moonman said:
:( It has good flow and isn't too hard to get to anyone particular location fairly quickly. The only place you are exposed is out in the middle and that's just a personal risk one takes when wanting to switch sides of the map. Also, it's hard to control the map as a team, which is a huge plus for someone like me who plays solo a lot.

Are you talking about Countdown or Swordbase?

cory021

Neo Member
The more I think about it, 33% bloom seems like it'd work really well. Since 33% is equal the the first shot, each shot's accuracy will only be based on how fast you took the previous shot. Also, the penalty for spamming will be very minimal.

Schmitty said:
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I played Beta playlist last night and loved it.

They're talking about a game like this:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=818515096&player=I devolution I

or

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=818494490&player=I devolution I

or

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=818485240&player=I devolution I

But even more often than I run into. And before the match even starts.

lybertyboy said:
Thank you.

edit: are there going to be any other additional gametypes added to the TU beta later on? Like different bloom settings across a new set of slayer/objective gametypes?

feel

lybertyboy said:
But what about having bigger payouts of those worthless credits and that ugly helmet in the vid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

lybertyboy said:
No more easy kills? No +20 games? FU 343i. =)

squidhands said:
Thank you.

edit: are there going to be any other additional gametypes added to the TU beta later on? Like different bloom settings across a new set of slayer/objective gametypes?

Maybe not different bloom settings, but I get the impression that the beta hopper will stick around for a while, changing to fit whatever testing 343 wants to do.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see the beta hopper turn into 8v8 at one point.

lybertyboy said:

There's DLC in Reach lol? I've never seen it.

:p

senador

Banned
I assume the quitting in TU Beta playlist is for 2 reasons:

1. ZB wasn't chosen.
2. ZB was chosen and they are getting their asses kicked.

lybertyboy said:

I love that you guys drop little bits in here like that. I understand why Bungie didn't and I can't blame them. Still, it feels good to have this communication whether it happens or not.

I don't really expect much to change with this in Reach just hoping that its really fine tuned for Halo 4. If something does happen, wow you guys will be kicking some serious ass.

J10

Banned
I'd like it very much if, going forward, Halo maps were forwards compatible with sequels. They should have a system like Rock Band 1/2 where you can extract songs from the previous game to the hard drive to be used in the second game. Just do that with the Halo maps. A fee of ten bucks for the transfer would be fine for me.

Karl2177

J10 said:
I'd like it very much if, going forward, Halo maps were forwards compatible with sequels. They should have a system like Rock Band 1/2 where you can extract songs from the previous game to the hard drive to be used in the second game. Just do that with the Halo maps. A fee of ten bucks for the transfer would be fine for me.
If only .map files worked that way.

wwm0nkey

J10 said:
We have discussed this before I believe. Having Halo MP as a platform would be pretty awesome.

Ramirez

J10 said:

It's nice to want things.

senador

Banned
Karl2177 said:
If only .map files worked that way.

I'm hoping for future Halos this is changed. Make the .map file be just the map and then have other assets created separately and a system to compile them all together to use on the map. That way there'd be less limitations and future things could be added more easily.

I would assume Bungie did it this way for a reason though. Perhaps its easier, faster, cheaper, more efficient? I dunno. Without knowing more, it doesn't seem ideal.

Edit: Man I like Lion's autocorrect but sometimes it really messes up and makes my grammar look poor.

J10

Banned
Kuroyume said:
I don't blame quitters. Halo is one of those series filled with bad gametypes and maps. Then you also have stuff like guests which can drive you up the wall. If I had to pick between playing my fifth game in a row of Elite slayer on Hemmorrhage BTB or quitting I would chose to quit. The quality of multiplayer is really bad now.

I wonder if the quitter epidemic isn't just carry over from CoD. Those games reward individualism more than team play and allow players to drop in/drop out without any real penalty to them or the teams they abandon. Either Halo needs to adopt a similar system or CoD players need to not be selfish dicks when they play Halo (assuming it is CoD players most of the time).

Tunavi

Banned
I enjoy 85% AR/Magnum starts. The reduced bloom, bleedthrough, 4sk works really well. Getting me pumped up for the slowed firing rate of the magnum. Armor abilities are the worst thing to happen to halo.

My Finest Moment
Can someone render this? its fucking hilarious.

Tunavi said:
I enjoy 85% AR/Magnum starts. The reduced bloom, bleedthrough, 4sk works really well. Getting me pumped up for the slowed firing rate of the magnum. Armor abilities are the worst thing to happen to halo.

My Finest Moment
Can someone render this? its fucking hilarious.
I want my render minutes back, if it isn't hilarious. (Rendered it in HD)

senador said:
I love that you guys drop little bits in here like that. I understand why Bungie didn't and I can't blame them. Still, it feels good to have this communication whether it happens or
Eh, Bungie were/are pretty good about that.
Recent good examples was all the dream crushing last year.

Sai-kun

Banned
Account Attempt #4 said:
Just catching up on the last page or two but wanted to post that I got a 15k jackpot in the beta playlist last night. I think the trick is that you have to come in dead last after a complete donging and not quit :-/

Sorry if someone else posted this already.

it's the only reason people play this game ;)

Two people in my party of four got 15k jackpots in two different games. I was code smuckers

senador said:
I love that you guys drop little bits in here like that. I understand why Bungie didn't and I can't blame them. Still, it feels good to have this communication whether it happens or not.

I don't really expect much to change with this in Reach just hoping that its really fine tuned for Halo 4. If something does happen, wow you guys will be kicking some serious ass.
To be fair, Bungie has always had a decent GAF presence. Shishka, LukeSmith, ManCannon, Achronos, Jerpie, etc. Urk is the only one still posting every now and then, but that's understandable. Not a lot to talk about right now.

That said, I agree with you on 343's good communication. It's always nice to know people are listening. Even if Frank occasionally posts disturbing fan art.

Edit: Beaten by Zeouterlimits.

Oh well. Here's a data drop.

kylej

Banned
Ramirez said:
Everyone should play Dark Souls and cleanse themselves of Reach.

First Booshka, Plywood, Letters and now Ram. hrm all these people who have a brain in their heads playing Dark Souls. interesting. Maybe I'll buy it.

Havok

ncsuDuncan said:
To be fair, Bungie has always had a decent GAF presence....
Until somebody scares them off. Tyson Green posted back around Halo 3 launch (super helpful with the spoiler warnings, actually) until a Shotty Snipers whining thread got him riled up enough to quit. Not sure why Lars Bakken stopped. Jeremiah got in all of a single post before he was jumped on. Everybody knows the Shishka story. I don't think Nathan Walpole was around in the Halo threads much, but he was on here at some point in 2007.

lybertyboy said:
Are we talking about the TU playlist or matchmaking in general?

Havok said:
Until somebody scares them off. Tyson Green posted back around Halo 3 launch (super helpful with the spoiler warnings, actually) until a Shotty Snipers whining thread got him riled up enough to quit. Not sure why Lars Bakken stopped. Jeremiah got in all of a single post before he was jumped on. Everybody knows the Shishka story.
Tell me more.

Ramirez

Havok said:
Until somebody scares them off. Tyson Green posted back around Halo 3 launch (super helpful with the spoiler warnings, actually) until a Shotty Snipers whining thread got him riled up enough to quit. .

AH, THE PAYING CUSTOMER CARD, EH? I'M OUT!

Please, lol.

TheOddOne

lybertyboy said:
Glad it's being looked into <3

lybertyboy said:
Everything.
capdevilla-cubata2.gif

Thanks <343

Booshka

kylej said:
First Booshka, Plywood, Letters and now Ram. hrm all these people who have a brain in their heads playing Dark Souls. interesting. Maybe I'll buy it.
I've been poopsocking that shit. The game blocks you from using Party Chat, but you can still use Private Chat which I have been doing with a good friend of mine while we both play.

It's really good, you just have to learn the combat and mechanics, and also ask for help and tips if you need it. I don't feel like banging my head against a wall to figure something out, especially not in a game that punishing, so I just read the Dark Souls OT and most of my questions are covered.

Booshka said:
I've been poopsocking that shit. The game blocks you from using Party Chat, but you can still use Private Chat which I have been doing with a good friend of mine while we both play.

It's really good, you just have to learn the combat and mechanics, and also ask for help and tips if you need it. I don't feel like banging my head against a wall to figure something out, especially not in a game that punishing, so I just read the Dark Souls OT and most of my questions are covered.

What the fuck.

Havok

Ramirez said:
AH, THE PAYING CUSTOMER CARD, EH? I'M OUT!

Please, lol.
I'm not saying he was right, just that it was an example of one of them bouncing out. It was a pretty big overreaction, but I have to imagine it's difficult to look at the work you're doing objectively. Thick skin required - some posts I found directed at Chad involved "getting your twat out of your ass and fixing" something.
Gabotron ES said:
Tell me more.
There was a not-so-tasteful photoshop of shishka's head onto a statue of a well-known Middle Eastern dicator.
Booshka said:

One of my favorite games of the year so far. I can't believe they made a game that's more initially brutal than Demons Souls. For anybody thinking about playing...keep a wiki at your side.

Top Bottom