• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
lybertyboy said:
Everything.
HTcfs.gif

Yesterday Matchmaking seemed to be full of jerks, one minute from the start and my whole team quits (they weren't even on the same party). The whole team proceeded to spawn camp me during the whole match but I didn't quit to keep my Halo Honor intact. Link to match.

Funny thing is I got matched with those guys later and they get spawn camped to death during an Invasion Slayer match on Hemmorhage, some of them rage quitted :lol.

HALO JUSTICE

P.S: I'll also say that Invasion Slayer on Hemmorhage is broken and plays really bad, you are really fucked if you're playing as an elite. Four snipers at once on a really open map, not cool. Once I get my hands on the Anniversary maps I will try to make to make them Invasion compatible, Headlong and Timberland would play really well and I already have some nice ideas. I already did this with Highlands and people really like how it plays.

OuterWorldVoice said:
http://i.imgur.com/HTcfs.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Frankie, could you answer this... will Headlong/ Breakneck feature shield doors? Highlands didn't have anyone, same with Condemned. I'd like to know if 343 guys played a little more with Anniversary's forge palette.

feel

Devolution said:
Then recommend it, don't block it. Man that really pisses me off more than it should.
this is not the typical singleplayer adventure, the game has a huge online component that benefits from you never hearing other people's voices while you play it. It's hard to explain but it makes sense in this game to be forced into chat silence while you play it. Plus it's one of the few games this gen who doesn't give a shit about the gamer, you either step up to it or you gtfo because it couldn't care less about the complaining. It's great.

v but it's a multiplayer game, in very unique, deep and fresh ways

TheOddOne

Devolution said:
Then recommend it, don't block it. Man that really pisses me off more than it should.
Yep, that would have been the best solution.

What annoys me too is that a single player centric game needs to block party chat. For some multiplayer games I can understand it (to a certain extent), but single player?

Letters said:
this is not the typical singleplayer adventure, the game has a huge online component that benefits from you never hearing other people's voices while you play it. It's hard to explain but it makes sense in this game to be forced into chat silence while you play it. Plus it's one of the few games this gen who doesn't give a shit about the gamer, you either step up to it or you gtfo because it couldn't care less about the complaining. It's great.
I get that, but why block party chat then? It still in the party, so nobody else hear what being discussed.

Havok said:
There was a not-so-tasteful photoshop of shishka's head onto a statue of a well-known Middle Eastern dicator.
Oh right, I saw that while I was lurking. If I remember correctly Eazy was banned for it but is it really the reason Shinska no longer posts here?

Tunavi said:
Gabo you should add me for some invasion
Nice, I'll add you next time I go online. Glad to see some GAFer likes Invasion, most of HaloGAF seems to really hate it.
Specially Dani :p

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Gabotron ES said:
Oh right, I saw that while I was lurking. If I remember correctly Eazy was banned for it but is it really the reason Shinska no longer posts here?

He forgot his password. Not making it up either.

Havok

Gabotron ES said:
Probably not, but it's indicative of some of the more vicious personal attacks that were going on at the time. Also, what Stinkles said.

Tawpgun

As much as I don't really like RPG's, I want to play Dark Souls/Demon Souls just for the challenge.

But I don't want to by a PSTriple for it...

Halo Related: Make a skull for infinitely spawning enemies. Nightmare Mode [ON] OFF

It's on 360 now? Sweet. Maybe when its cheap.
VVV

Havok

A27 Tawpgun said:
As much as I don't really like RPG's, I want to play Dark Souls/Demon Souls just for the challenge.

But I don't want to by a PSTriple for it...
Dark Souls is perfectly playable on your Microsoft Xbox 360. Jump in.

xxjuicesxx said:
Dongers get on today. Its my weekend and I want to Halo!

I won't be on till later bruh. No doubt you'll have some excuse about having to please your imaginary girlfriend when I want to play some rounds.

feel

TheOddOne said:
Yep, that would have been the best solution.

What annoys me too is that a single player centric game needs to block party chat. For some multiplayer games I can understand it (to a certain extent), but single player?

I get that, but why block party chat then? It still in the party, so nobody else hear what being discussed.
Even when running around alone, party chat with friends playing something else is too comforting and relaxing, the game wants you to be scared, to be constantly enveloped in a huge feeling of dread, it wants you to suffer and doesn't apologize for it.

I wish more games were agressive and disrespectful towards the player like that, just like in the old days. Games pamper way too much now.

TheOddOne

Letters said:
Even when running around alone, party chat with friends playing something else is too comforting and relaxing, the game wants you to be scared, to be constantly enveloped in a huge feeling of dread, it wants you to suffer and doesn't apologize for it.

I wish more games were agressive and disrespectful towards the player like that, just like in the old days. Games pamper way too much now.
I can get behind what your saying, still I rather have had the option for party chat.

kylej

Banned
Havok said:
There was a not-so-tasteful photoshop of shishka's head onto a statue of a well-known Middle Eastern dicator.

Free Eazy.

Devolution said:
I won't be on till later bruh. No doubt you'll have some excuse about having to please your imaginary girlfriend when I want to play some rounds.

I'm juices' girlfriend.

shymalan_111110.jpg

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Tunavi said:
If someone doesn't want to stay in a shitty unenjoyable game, you can't penalize them for quitting. You just can't.

There needs to be a mercy rule after a certain number people quit after a certain score.

Mercy rule, I agree, but you can and should penalize them for quitting.

If everyone but yourself quits I think you should be able to "surrender" and not get knocked for credits though. If only one person quits you should not be able to quit because you are down one, if you do you should be penalized.

Every Halo game played is probably considered "shitty" by at least one player in each game, so you would have an average of one person quitting every game with no penalty.

Okay, folks. I'm home for fall break and I found the OXM Halo tenth anniversary issue.

I must say, if you have a chance, go out and buy it. I read front to back and while there are some prominent mistakes that seemed to have been impossible to miss during editing, there's some quality stuff in there.

However, the best part of the magazine was the except for Glasslands. The first chapter, to be precise. From what I read, I'm mostly pleased, though I do have some quirks with it. I'll put this in spoilers for those who haven't read the excerpt:
The book implies that the Arbiter and the rest of the Elite/Human crew that traveled to the Ark arrived back to Earth in January rather than May. Peace talks are going on between humans and Elites lead by the Arbiter. Unless the book explains my confusion later on, this is already a pretty huge contradiction between the books and the games. Hopefully the book explains my confusion.

After five years, I finally got a taste of what happened to Dr. Halsey and the other Spartans. I was pleased with what I read and it peaked my interest, but there are some things about it that bothered me. Calling Olivia "O" now when they were doing that in GoO, unless a lot of time has passed between where Glasslands starts and GoO lets off. Also, I don't think Travis wrote Halsey correctly, at least from what I read. Halsey was trying to get closer to the Spartan IIIs in GoO but in Glasslands she's distant to them. This depends on how long how much time has passed between GoO and Glasslands. If a couple months has passed then I guess it would work, but if it continues right where GoO left off then it doesn't. The formatting wasn't clear when the events of Dr. Halsey in Glasslands takes place.

daedalius

120/125/200 seems really good for base traits, hopefully they will experiment with something like that in the beta playlist in the coming weeks

First btb of the day... hemorrhage, of course.

feel

Dax01 said:
Okay, folks. I'm home for fall break and I found the OXM Halo tenth anniversary issue.

I must say, if you have a chance, go out and buy it. I read front to back and while there are some prominent mistakes that seemed to have been impossible to miss during editing, there's some quality stuff in there.
Yeah, that thing is a must have for most Halo fans. Really nice.

Master Chief's twitter feed on the last page made me chuckle.

lybertyboy said:
It's far too early to go into any of kind of specifics, but want you all to know that we're actively looking into an assortment of options for addressing some of the issues that you've mentioned regarding skill matching and DLC weighting.

cat_treats.gif

skiing-ostrich-is-awesome.gif

Lol'd at 'mentioned'. Awesome news and an overdue acknowledgement of the fact that truskill isn't working, nice one 343.

Played the tu hopper earlier and had a much better time than launch day because people weren't quitting as much and I'm adapting to 85% bloom. ZB is still amazing.

daedalius

Striker said:
Do you like any BTB maps? Sans Highlands, of course, which rarely shows up.

I like some more than others, but I really hate hemorrhage. I like the dlc maps, but never get them, ever. Its almost always hemorrhage or a forge map... or an awful invasion map.

Going back to full bloom after even 85% is damn painful though

Oh boy multiflag on hemorrhage again... might be time to go back to the beta hopper

Striker

daedalius said:
I like some more than others, but I really hate hemorrhage. I like the dlc maps, but never get them, ever. Its almost always hemorrhage or a forge map... or an awful invasion map.
Yeah.. but somebody said those Invasion maps don't splinter the BTB stuff. It's ok.

Tunavi said:
I enjoy 85% AR/Magnum starts. The reduced bloom, bleedthrough, 4sk works really well. Getting me pumped up for the slowed firing rate of the magnum. Armor abilities are the worst thing to happen to halo.

My Finest Moment
Can someone render this? its fucking hilarious.
Haha, that was so good.

Tunavi

Banned
I realized something. I don't want zero bloom, cause frankly it plays pretty badly. We just need enough bloom that that it doesn't get bigger than the outer circle of the DMR. Just my opinion.

GhaleonEB

Tunavi said:
Armor abilities, laser, DMR replacing BR
Worst three specific things to happen to halo.
Taking a break from Reach and then returning has altered my opinion on my biggest issue, or at least the one that jumps out the most. It's the player movement/inertia. It's almost indistinguisable from input lag, and I atribute a fair chunk of my deaths to it. Such an odd decision.

Tunavi

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Taking a break from Reach and then returning has altered my opinion on my biggest issue, or at least the one that jumps out the most. It's the player movement/inertia. It's almost indistinguisable from input lag, and I atribute a fair chunk of my deaths to it. Such an odd decision.
Yeah I feel you there. You hear that grenade at your feet, you KNOW its there, and you immediately take action to avoid it, but it takes so long to get moving, you're dead.

blamite

anybody post the new Data Drop yet? 4b has some information that might be of interest to anyone wondering about certain story points from Reach's campaign...

The UNSC knew Reach had been located by the Covenant tracker on the Iroquois, so they intentionally lowered the planet's defenses to lure the Covenant in in order to hijack a ship to use in Operation Red Flag. Explains why you didn't see as much military resence/MAC platforms, etc. as you'd expect. This explanation doesn't really make anything about the campaign better, but at least it is an explanation.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Tunavi said:
Armor abilities, laser, DMR replacing BR
Worst three specific things to happen to halo.

That's the biggest bullshit list ever, besides laser really. I would say I hate radar more than all those things on that list. It's been in Halo since the beginning but Halo without radar is the way it should be played.

Top Bottom