• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT6| There Are Those Who Said This Day Would Never Come

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
ElzarTheBam said:
Hmm, wonder when we get another BTS?

Not long now till the game is out.
Should be a metric crap-ton of Anniversary coverage coming in about 2 1/2 hours. We opened the Kimono a bit on this preview event so (DF footage of first two campaign levels) avoid video if you don't want those spoiled.

TheOddOne

lybertyboy said:
That's a different demo. Dennis and I were doing T&R.

In one of the demos we rocked it on Lehendary with all skulls on. :)
Yeah, just noticed that. I'm easly amazed by moving pictures, it's my curse.

TheOddOne said:
You know, that it's old stuff. And not the Truth & Reconciliation. Sorry dude. I win.

lybertyboy said:
Should be a metric crap-ton of Anniversary coverage coming in about 2 1/2 hours. We opened the Kimono a bit on this preview event so (DF footage of first two campaign levels) avoid video if you don't want those spoiled.
WTF? Why are you torturing me so much? WHY?! You guys will take the first glance on Halo from the kids away, who will play Halo the first time. Why are you doing this? :/ Only three weeks.

Edit.: Oh come one. Why did you beat me? But I can notice that you still have a damn jetlag.

lybertyboy said:
That's a different demo. Dennis and I were doing T&R.

In one of the demos we rocked it on Lehendary with all skulls on. :)
That doesn't count if you play a part with no fighting. :p

lybertyboy said:

Thank you David for the news and the warning, appreciated. : )

lybertyboy

ElzarTheBam said:
Thank you David for the news and the warning, appreciated. : )
There's should be plenty MP goodness for those so inclined.

P.S. Why am I awake at 3:45 am? A: Jetlag :)

lybertyboy said:
Coolcoolcool

lybertyboy said:

Awesome, 'cause I'm done watching Campaign footage until I have it in my xbox.

And if it makes you feel any better, I'm almost always up at 3:45 am . :-\

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Want an Elite Avatar suit?

Elite.png

First person to answer this question get some sexy Sangheili fashion. *Male Avatar only

What was the name of the map Ghaleon was last working on (and never quite finished) for his Forge series, Forging Ahead, on Forward Unto Dawn?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Zeouterlimits said:
Heh, <3 Ghal's Forge "Journey".

I've been kicking him to add one last entry to the series to give it some closure. It might happen.

Tashi0106 said:
I was gonna say Ivy Bridge

Padum tsss

That requires a generational leap in technology. Wait for Halo 4 Forge I imagine. =P

lybertyboy said:

<3 David

I only have a question regarding MP, will Timberland and Headlong feature shield doors? it will be easier to turn them into invasion maps with them and I already have big plans for Timberland.

Slightly Live said:
Halo doesn't belong to Mr Nylund. =)

It should. Guy literally set the foundations for a lot of the fiction. I mean im not sure how much came from his head and how much came from Bungies, but the Fall of Reach was a fantastic book which could have easily sucked.

xxjuicesxx said:
Also anyone have any idea why I can't get the Candy From A Baby achievement. Me and Hirednoobs tried and it didnt work in MM. I just tried it in customs didn't work either.
Just did a little experimenting and I was able to unlock this achievement in an offline custom game with a silver account that doesn't own the Defiant Map Pack, on an Xbox that doesn't own the Defiant Map Pack. I was still online on my account, which is how I tested this on Condemned. It didn't work on Sword Base, so my suggestion is to try again on Highlands or Condemned.

I grabbed the gametype using FILE BROWSER -> NEW CUSTOM SEARCH -> FILTERED SEARCH -> (GAME TYPES, MULTIPLAYER, STOCKPILE, ANY, HIGHEST RANKED, ANY, ANY) and it returned as the top result.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
bobs99 ... said:
It should. Guy literally set the foundations for a lot of the fiction. I mean im not sure how much came from his head and how much came from Bungies, but the Fall of Reach was a fantastic book which could have easily sucked.

No, it shouldn't. =P

I'm not saying his books aren't good. They are. It's just Halo, like Star Wars, should be limited and restricted to the creative limitation of just one person.

With Star Wars, I have my favourite authors but I wouldn't want them writing every book (never mind the logistical problems involved with that or how exhaustive it would be or how bored the authors would become with the series very quickly). It's the same with Halo - the universe is big enough and I'd like to see some new takes on things.

Look at Joe Staten and Contact Harvest - the dude knocked it out of the park. Not saying a Nylund version of the same book wouldn't be good but it takes fresh blood to bring a fresh perspective.

Look at Star Wars. Lucas did the first film. It was sweet. Then he buggered off and let other directors handle the other two. It worked out well for everyone. The he went back and did three more films by himself on a massive ego trip fueled by merchandising, cgi fuckery and fan hatred. I'm still bitter about Jar-Jar.

And Nylund isn't my favourite Halo author, so ner ner. That's why.

Slightly Live said:
No, it shouldn't. =P

I'm not saying his books aren't good. They are. It's just Halo, like Star Wars, should be limited and restricted to the creative limitation of just one person.

With Star Wars, I have my favourite authors but I wouldn't want them writing every book (never mind the logistical problems involved with that or how exhaustive it would be or how bored the authors would become with the series very quickly). It's the same with Halo - the universe is big enough and I'd like to see some new takes on things.

Look at Joe Staten and Contact Harvest - the dude knocked it out of the park. Not saying a Nylund version of the same book wouldn't be good but it takes fresh blood to bring a fresh perspective.

Look at Star Wars. Lucas did the first film. It was sweet. Then he buggered off and let other directors handle the other two. It worked out well for everyone. The he went back and did three more films by himself on a massive ego trip fueled by merchandising, cgi fuckery and fan hatred. I'm still bitter about Jar-Jar.

Armor lock is Halo's Jar-Jar, it should have never happened.

Only ten minutes for more Anniversary sweetness!

Lol @ ewoks xD

I want to avoid campaign footage (I haven't even watched the bts yet).

Hoping for footage of the anniversary magnum in play and official hang em high videos.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Hypertrooper said:
Eurogamer: It's exclusive to Kinect, this mode - can you understand why the fans would be upset that it's Kinect-only?
DR
One of the things we did was make sure that there are no achievements associated with Kinect. From a production standpoint, Kinect made it very easy for us to do voice integration. So that seemed like the best way to go. As far as the content goes, it is all available online.

Eurogamer: So this content's all on Waypoint?
DR
Yes, you can get it all on Waypoint. Yes, I can see [that people might be upset] but I think we were able to mitigate a lot of that as we didn't really take away from people who didn't buy Kinect. If you have Kinect, it's a great feature. Similar with the 3D stuff - if you have a 3D TV, you're going to use it.
3AQmK.gif

Slightly Live said:
No, it shouldn't. =P

I agree fully with the fact that the Halo universe is so large multiple authers can have a slice. However I feel that each auther should then be allowed to 'own' theyre peice of the puzzle. I dont know if I like the idea of Karen Traviss taking over Nylunds story, however I would have been happier with her finding her own place in the universe, if that makes sense.

Love the post above, cant wait to see the library through Kinect.

Xbox360Achievements Halo CEA Preview
Contains a Guilty Spark screen, if you don't want to be spoiled.

I especially like this part of the Eurogamer interview:
Eurogamer: The Terminals are in there too - and they're laying a foundation for Halo 4, right?

DR

As we mentioned if you pay attention to the Terminal videos you can find some information on what's to come in Halo 4.

Eurogamer: And it seems to be pointing to a shift back towards the Forerunners for Halo 4.

DR

So we're not talking about Halo 4 - but we are encouraging people to go and check this stuff out.

lybertyboy

kylej said:
Waypoint is even clumsier to use than Kinetic. Someone rip all the content and put it on YouTube thanks in advance.
Fingers too tired to point & click your mouse?

kylej

Banned
lybertyboy said:

Make it a streaming movie so I can click play and see it all.

But seriously, Waypoint is like an extra 5 minutes of waiting to get content I can see at Gametrailers. Hopefully 343 does more with it; right now every time I log on it's just random videos and nonsense.

Louis Wu

lybertyboy said:
While I don't disagree with your sarcasm, I WILL say that there are legitimate complaints about Silverlight on a lot of machines - not having non-SL options IS a sad thing. (Not to mention the crime committed by SL in NOT providing HD options - I can either watch this in a tiny 550x230 (or so) window, or hit the full-screen button and watch that exact same stream, seriously blurry, at 1920x1080. :(

Louis Wu said:
While I don't disagree with your sarcasm, I WILL say that there are legitimate complaints about Silverlight on a lot of machines - not having non-SL options IS a sad thing. (Not to mention the crime committed by SL in NOT providing HD options - I can either watch this in a tiny 550x230 (or so) window, or hit the full-screen button and watch that exact same stream, seriously blurry, at 1920x1080. :(
I still miss the old days, where bungie provided a youtube mirror and a direct download link. 343i should do the same, provide HD download links for the videos.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Louis Wu said:

My PC has less than 1GB of RAM and every page that uses SL makes my browser freeze for a minute or a two. =/

lybertyboy

Slightly Live said:
My PC has less than 1GB of RAM and every page that uses SL makes my browser freeze for a minute or a two. =/
Do you have similar trouble watching gameplay clips on bnet?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
lybertyboy said:
Do you have similar trouble watching gameplay clips on bnet?

Actually I do.

No problems with embedded Flash but those Bungie videos on Bnet (and sometimes embedded on HBO posts) and SL videos on Waypoint give me problems constantly - on all my browsers (IE, Chrome, FF).

Should also point out Xbox.com's splash pages with any SL content does the same. Hate having to visit it.

Top Bottom