• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT7| What are They to Say Now?

Homeboyd

The most times you kill the driver of the vehicle first.
Ah yes. Good thing they didn't update the challenge details to reflect said requirement.

Love killing not one, not two but THREE banshees in a single round of score attack and getting credit for ZERO.

Love you Reach.

Dat EazyB opinion respect
screenshot-1326235604676.png

Yup. That's one of the many things that was handled poorly about anniversary I think. Since they wanted to use Reach's multiplayer it really should have had all of Reach's maps including the DLC maps. The base is as fragmented as ever thanks to the way it was done.

As a counterpoint to this, I've never felt as ripped off with a Halo purchase as when I was resold the Heroic, Legendary and Mythic 1 maps within ODST; maps which I had already shelled out 2400 points on. I was delighted that MS decided to keep the cost of Anniversary low AND they offered the maps as standalone for purchase on day one, something which would dis-incentivise Anniversary purchases for a portion of consumers. I find the approach they took with CEA far more agreeable.

Dear 343 Indistries,

Why the FUCK does Squad DLC not use TU gametypes?... adding the TU to existing playlists like BTB, (slowly removing the vanilla Halo you said would continue to exist) while leaving it out of new ones? Makes. No. Sense. Get it together.

Utterly bizzare decision. I don't want to re-hone and re-adjust to the nuances of vanilla Reach after I've spent a few months determinedly playing TU 85% settings, fully under the impression that the TU settings would be 'our standard matchmaking settings' which is what 343 stated. What's standard about wheeling out NEW playlists with OLD settings? I would make that a main playlist of mine, I miss playing the dlc maps; alas I won't be in there because vanilla settings just feel like regression now. Good luck keeping the population up with that.

Pistols in Snipes suck.

Yup.

I also was finally able to get a game on Uncongealed. You spend so much time observing people and looking to see if they get stuck/glitched somewhere that you really can't play too well. Also, it appears I nerfed the top middle so hard that people are favoring the corners now. Also interesting that they deleted the filter off my map but not the others, Uncaged must be borderline performance for 4 player split if the filter pushed it over for their tests.

So THAT'S why Bungie are bad at their own game!

Also Evade must go. It frankly ruins games and leads to increased cortisol production. Is that what you really want from your video game entertainment product?

I love evade, had an awesome moment last night a sword guy evaded at me I evaded back he evaded again I evaded backwards again. Followed by a 5 shot. Textbook dong.

Took 10,000 games to get there but you made it! Welcome to the holy land. Now bask in respect of the fallen HaloGAF. A valhalla of sorts... I guess.

feel

Saw this on the mlg forums. Really should be implemented in Halo 4. Save us Frankie!

Aim Acceleration removal from Halo 4.
Didn't know about this, aiming does feels sloppier in H3 and Reach but I just assumed it was input lag or something. Definitely want it adjusted to how it was in Halo 1 and 2. I don't know why in the heck Bungie insisted so much in messing up with perfection when making Halo 3 and Reach. Sigh.

lol, what time of the day were those numbers pulled that only 24K people were on total? >.>

There was only 14,000 on earlier today. Chose good connection in squad slayer (pop:150 or so); ended up playing against three Americans, a player from Singapore and another from Columbia!

Striker

There's 105,000 on right now. Just there's so much disparity among playlists, it's ridiculous. Also Speedflag and Stockpile showed up more than often in TO.

I've got a 1.60 and I'm definitely worse than you, haha.

I dunno, maybe i dont care about K/D at all most of the time im not playing seriously, im watching something and using halo to keep my hands busy or something to do when chatting with mates.

I cant remember playing any games with you (i likely have)

ZalinKrow

"OMG, that guy was on 1 shot for like two days!"

ZalinKrow, your such a drama queen.
Haha shit was crazy. I was just sayin' what ya'll were thinkin' :p

My K/D isn't half bad, but I don't think of myself as a great player. I know for a fact that plenty of people on here would roll me in a match. My only assumption is that sticking to playlists like BTB and Objective or whatever is "safe" for me. I mainly play for fun, but with quitters and stuff, a lot of matches aren't challenging at all. And even though it's just for fun, it'd be nice to feel like I'm improving. I do sort of want to get into MLG, just to get matches that are consistently challenging. I'm sure my K/D would plummet like crazy if I stuck to MLG anyway haha :p But I think it'd probably be the best way to improve my game at this stage.

Someone needs to PM a admin and get Overdoz1z's account accepted.
I was literally saying this to Hydra and Xand before I got offline not long ago. Dude's been waiting forever :p And I'm sure he's got a lot to say heh

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone want to team up for some Doubles sometime? With the TU settings it sounds like a lot of fun.

Havok

My K/D isn't half bad, but I don't think of myself as a great player. I know for a fact that plenty of people on here would roll me in a match. My only assumption is that sticking to playlists like BTB and Objective or whatever is "safe" for me. I mainly play for fun, but with quitters and stuff, a lot of matches aren't challenging at all. And even though it's just for fun, it'd be nice to feel like I'm improving. I do sort of want to get into MLG, just to get matches that are consistently challenging. I'm sure my K/D would plummet like crazy if I stuck to MLG anyway haha :p But I think it'd probably be the best way to improve my game at this stage.

I'm in the same boat - currently at 1.81 (rising because of awful skill matching in the Anny playlists), but as soon as I get matched against really good players my game goes to complete shit. I've been toying with the idea of getting into the MLG stuff, but the idea of having to be 'on' every single game is incredibly intimidating.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I'm in the same boat - currently at 1.81 (rising because of awful skill matching in the Anny playlists), but as soon as I get matched against really good players my game goes to complete shit. I've been toying with the idea of getting into the MLG stuff, but the idea of having to be 'on' every single game is incredibly intimidating.
In Reach, sadly, you don't have to be on every game. Matchmaking doesn't match you with players your skill as often as you would like. It's kind of all over the place. I have found though that if you go in with a team of 3 or 4 the game does a better job.

In Halo 3, you really did have you bring your A game every game. That's why a lot of people would warm up before hopping on the playlist.
I will say though that this is one of the few times where the MLG gametypes piss me off. It's mostly that fuckin pistol. Guys are picking it up to compensate for their shitty BR's. It really infuriates me.

You guys need help with MLG gametypes and strats, you have some top notch MLG players here so don't hesitate to ask

PNut

Banned
Squad Slayer DLC on Breakneck, 4 people on the other team quit at the beginning of the game. The last 2 hide the entire game. We waste 12 minutes playing hide n' seek to win 20-18.

Shit's just not fun. I really feel sorry for people that play BTB, Invasion, and this new Squad Slayer.

Top Bottom